The Student Room Group

Stop all immigration from muslims countries?

This poll is closed

Stop immigration from Muslim countries

yes 33%
no67%
Total votes: 101
yes for yes no for no

Scroll to see replies

Will you be deporting current Muslims as well?
Original post by 999tigger
Will you be deporting current Muslims as well?

that is not the question only the terrorists and child rapists will have to go
Original post by karl pilkington
yes for yes no for no

Out of interest, when was the last time a terror attack was committed on British soil by an immigrant from a muslim country? Because the closest I can find were the perpetrators behind a failed car bomb plot in June 07, who were from India (15% Muslim) and a Jamaican (>1% Muslim) who partiipated in the 7/7 bombings. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge everybody else known to have committed terror attacks in the UK post-9/11 has been a British citizen.
Absolutely. As recent events have demonstrated, Muslim migrants present a clear and present threat to our way of life.

If Britain makes the right choice and delivers a sizeable Conservative majority, I hope the party is strong enough to stamp on Muslim migration.
Virtually all were second generation immigrants. Just because someone was born here they still follow the religion of their parents. Islam is not forgiving for people who wish to leave. Also a lot of or at least two of the terrorist attacks that took place in Europe were carried out by immigrants or 'refugees' from Muslim countries. Islam is an imported problem more Islam=more terrorism.
(edited 6 years ago)
Virtually all were second generation immigrants. Just because someone was born here they still follow the religion of their parents. Islam is not forgiving for people who wish to leave. Also a lot of or at least two of the terrorist attacks that took place in Europe were carried out by immigrants or 'refugees' from Muslim countries. Islam is an imported problem more Islam=more terrorism.

Integrate or get out ^^

Personally, I would like terrorism addressing now rather than in 25 years time.
Immigration should be stricter. People from problem areas should have great difficulty getting in. I can't say I'd support an outright ban of all Muslims though.

However, anyone who has come from/visited Syria or other known countries with a strong Isis presence, who isn't a British Citizen, should be turned away at the border.
British Citizens who've visited Syria should have their passports revoked. The only exceptions to these would be those who visited for media/military/diplomatic purposes. For other means such as... Say Charity work, you'd have to acquire a permit of sorts from the Government, which you'd then have to present upon re-entry, or perhaps something that's tied to your passport number.
A tighter control and flow of immigration is what I would consider. (from Muslim countries)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nulli tertius
Personally, I would like terrorism addressing now rather than in 25 years time.

yes that's my point but the more we let in now = the problem will only get worse. They also need to deport all radical extremists stop building mosques and monitor mosques more closely
Not what you would call an indigenous British citizen though.
Reply 12
This has come down to basic common sense.

There are over 1.6 billion Muslims over the world. 1.6 BILLION. If Islam bred terror, would'nt everyone be dead now?

The combined forces in total of IS, Boko Haram, and Al Qaeda makes up 0.003% of the global muslim population. Less than 2% of all terror attacks are carried out in the name of Islam. You've got more chance of being killed by a bee sting; a peanut; or the NHS don't you think?
Original post by Hachik0
Not what you would call an indigenous British citizen though.

They're not what I'd call "immigrants from muslim countries" either. Are we going to start deporting all previous-generation muslims immigrants, and their kids that were born in the same hospitals as us, because they're a pre-existing risk factor?

Would you concede that if all muslim entries were turned away from now on this problem would still continue to escalate, the scale and frequency of attacks will grow in proportion with the Muslim communities already here, and they are having A LOT of children.

Kinda makes this idea a moot point, does it not?
yes that's my point but the more we let in now = the problem will only get worse. They also need to deport all radical extremists stop building mosques and monitor mosques more closely

No that isn't your point.

Your point is that the children who are not yet born of non-radical Muslim's admitted now will become radicalised. My point is that is unacceptable. We must intervene to ensure they do not become radicalised.

Why do you think that preventing non-radical Muslims from having a place of worship will help the situation?

Or actually do you just want a bit of Islam bashing?
Original post by amal29
This has come down to basic common sense.

There are over 1.6 billion Muslims over the world. 1.6 BILLION. If Islam bred terror, would'nt everyone be dead now?

The combined forces in total of IS, Boko Haram, and Al Qaeda makes up 0.003% of the global muslim population. Less than 2% of all terror attacks are carried out in the name of Islam. You've got more chance of being killed by a bee sting; a peanut; or the NHS don't you think?

%%
pretty much all terrorists attacks in this country were Islamic. Only 2-3 % of this country is Muslim yet look how many problems it causes
Original post by nulli tertius
No that isn't your point.

Your point is that the children who are not yet born of non-radical Muslim's admitted now will become radicalised. My point is that is unacceptable. We must intervene to ensure they do not become radicalised.

Why do you think that preventing non-radical Muslims from having a place of worship will help the situation?

Or actually do you just want a bit of Islam bashing?

Why is it unacceptable? I care more about British kids than foreigners. I want this country to remain as a Christian country and I don't like Islam. Terrorism is just another reason to stop Islamic immigration we now have a load of dead children enough is enough. Also you can still practice as a Muslim at home you don't need a mosque mosques are breeding grounds for radicalisation
I still never understand how a country would be willing to import people who will depend on them for their well being, their shelter, their money, their clothes etc.

You're burdening yourself to please who? And also at the expense of all the veterans starving to death in the streets, especially in London
It's never going to happen, put it that way. Though i don't understand why the government doesn't deport anybody on the terror watch list. Surely it's an accident waiting to happen, and these people, whoever they are, muslim or not, they obviously don't like our country so why are they here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending