The Student Room Group

The Spanish Football Thread [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester United
Haven't visited this thread in a long while but it's clear the Messi dick ride still exists.

Not to worry, Real Madrid are going to win La Liga and a consecutive Champions League, whilst Ronaldo takes his 5th Ballon d'Or! Without doubt the most complete player in terms of left foot, right foot and head.

Just look at this penalty/tap-in/offside goal:

No point replying to this post btw, back to revision.

Hala Madrid!

Of course there's no point it's a **** post for one :lol:

Also how do you revise with Ronnie boys sausage so far up your bum?
Reply 41
That Barca game was comical.
Reply 42
The gap is huge and Messi is vastly superior. It will be interesting to see how they evolve as they get older. Ronaldo poaching more and Messi dropping deeper and creating more.
excited for this sundayy? :wink:
Reply 44
Original post by Icecream1
The gap is huge and Messi is vastly superior. It will be interesting to see how they evolve as they get older. Ronaldo poaching more and Messi dropping deeper and creating more.

Tbh a lot of this can be attributed to Ronaldo playing as a more typical 4-4-2 winger in his United days and in a league where you typically score less goals against the weaker opposition, he also played a lot on the right wing where he'd obviously be less effective goal wise.

Would be interesting to map their stats from 09 ish days.
Atletico lose their CAS appeal over their transfer ban so can't buy till 2018. It doesn't affect Griezmann as he has a buyout clause and if that's met, and he wants to, he'll be gone. But with United cooling their interest, he might do another year at the new stadium before leaving next summer. Costa deal from Chelsea will be off but not fully informed on how desperately they need additions in areas of their team. Most, if not all, depends on Antoine's situation. Lacazette was linked with Atletico as a possible replacement.
Original post by Aky786UK
Atletico lose their CAS appeal over their transfer ban so can't buy till 2018. It doesn't affect Griezmann as he has a buyout clause and if that's met, and he wants to, he'll be gone. But with United cooling their interest, he might do another year at the new stadium before leaving next summer. Costa deal from Chelsea will be off but not fully informed on how desperately they need additions in areas of their team. Most, if not all, depends on Antoine's situation. Lacazette was linked with Atletico as a possible replacement.

Would Griezmann care about upseting Atletico by leaving and screwing them over? You would hope so..
Original post by Zerforax
Would Griezmann care about upseting Atletico by leaving and screwing them over? You would hope so..

Judging by his tweet, he does. It kills off any move away this summer at least. Another season like the one that has gone and next summer it could be Griezmann and Simeone leaving as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Aky786UK
Judging by his tweet, he does. It kills off any move away this summer at least. Another season like the one that has gone and next summer it could be Griezmann and Simeone leaving as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And probably both to United.
Haven't visited this thread in a long while but it's clear the Messi dick ride still exists.

Not to worry, Real Madrid are going to win La Liga and a consecutive Champions League, whilst Ronaldo takes his 5th Ballon d'Or! Without doubt the most complete player in terms of left foot, right foot and head.

Just look at this penalty/tap-in/offside goal:

No point replying to this post btw, back to revision.

Hala Madrid!

Another 100% accurate post.

Messi 5 - 5 Ronaldo.

#Siuuuuu!
Reply 50

Messi 5 - 5 Ronaldo.

#Siuuuuu!

So he has finally caught up with Messi? He's been behind for a long time.

Let me know when he wins one treble, never mind two....
Reply 51
Original post by Icecream1
So he has finally caught up with Messi? He's been behind for a long time.

Let me know when he wins one treble, never mind two....

Ronaldo's had a fantastic season, it's clear that Messi is a better technical player than Ronaldo but you can't deny Ronaldo's efficiency. Ronaldo's job now is solely to score goals(or assist if a goal is not possible) and he does it to perfection.

You posted last season about Ronaldo's lack of ability to score in big games, yet he's scored 10 goals after the group stages, including a hattrick vs Bayern, 2 goals vs Juventus in the final.
Reply 52
Messi bottled a 4-1 lead.

Jus sayin.
Hard to argue with what a ridiculous season Ronaldo had this season.

Zidane the new best manager in the world? Two CL trophies and a La Liga in like 18 months.

Or is he just right place right time with that squad?
Original post by Zerforax
Hard to argue with what a ridiculous season Ronaldo had this season.

Zidane the new best manager in the world? Two CL trophies and a La Liga in like 18 months.

Or is he just right place right time with that squad?

lets be real (no pun intended), put him in charge of say united he would struggle.

Zidane is basically doing what Pep did with Barcelona. He just tames the beast.

Messi 5 - 5 Ronaldo.

#Siuuuuu!

Always feels like you support Real more than United
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Always feels like you support Real more than United

Nah Kel, I actually hate Real Madrid, I always support Atletico over them. However, I love Ronaldo and dislike Barcelona, therefore Real winning is almost always a positive result.

Can't wait till we smash them in the UEFA Super Cup though! I'm predicting 3-1 with goals from Rashford, Mbappe and of course a towering header from Phil Jones.
Reply 57
Jones doing a mad man marking job on ronaldo while herreras on bale will make my day.
Reply 58
Zidane is the perfect manager for Real. He's learned from Ancelotti in handling big names in the dressing room whilst being firm in encouraging Ronaldo to take a breather. I'm not fully sure how deep his tactical knowledge goes (that might be well assessed once he's left Real) but he's got a system, a very good squad and he's managed all that superbly, plus handling the pressures that the job brings.

Yet the craziness of Real is if he has a trophy less season next, he'll be gone. If that happened, you'd be tempted for him to call it a day from coaching. He's managed a great club, achieved success. Why go to another club and struggle on and I doubt his inner passion for management and coaching as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest