The Student Room Group

Girls opinions on short(er) guys?

I'm not very short, there are guys (and most girls) shorter than me but I'm never the tallest person in the room, I'm obviously shorter than tall guys but I do meet guys my own height fairly often.

I'm roughly 5'7/5'8 bare foot. So 5'9 on a night out.
I get the short comments from girls but it doesn't affect my chances with them, I mean I do fairly well with girls. I've been with girls taller and smaller than me.

I've a couple of friends who others comment are short, they say they're the same height if not taller than me and then we measure it up and I'm usually the same height or slightly taller, but people say I look taller.
Girls have asked how tall I am and I tell them to guess it ranges from '5'6 to 5'9) but I get told I 'look taller' some how.

Does this make sense?
Girls finding someone attractive who isn't very tall and then assuming they're taller than they actually are? Like they don't' consider them short?
People have said 'no see (me) is average height for a guy, like if you're taller than him you're tall and smaller you're small'..
I've an athletic build but I'm not very muscular..

It's weird.
Does this who scenario make any sense (I'm still trying to figure it out)
What do you think of guys who are maybe on the shorter size?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seanf999
I'm not very short, there are guys (and most girls) shorter than me but I'm never the tallest person in the room, I'm obviously shorter than tall guys but I do meet guys my own height fairly often.

I'm roughly 5'7/5'8 bare foot. So 5'9 on a night out.
I get the short comments from girls but it doesn't affect my chances with them, I mean I do fairly well with girls. I've been with girls taller and smaller than me.

I've a couple of friends who others comment are short, they say they're the same height if not taller than me and then we measure it up and I'm usually the same height or slightly taller, but people say I look taller.
Girls have asked how tall I am and I tell them to guess it ranges from '5'6 to 5'9) but I get told I 'look taller' some how.

Does this make sense?
Girls finding someone attractive who isn't very tall and then assuming they're taller than they actually are? Like they don't' consider them short?
People have said 'no see (me) is average height for a guy, like if you're taller than him you're tall and smaller you're small'..
I've an athletic build but I'm not very muscular..

It's weird.
Does this who scenario make any sense (I'm still trying to figure it out)
What do you think of guys who are maybe on the shorter size?

dont worry about what girls think....never give a fock about what girls think

i am 5 ft 8 , its average height ...end of story get on with life
I'm pretty short for a girl anyway - 5"2 . So wouldn't bother me in the slightest! Like u said, ur not the tallest guy out there but neither are u particularly small either. So I would be suprised if a girl didn't go for u cause of ur height! And u said u get girls anyway, so I don't really see a problem. :smile:
Your heighr is fine.
Some tall guy is bound to come in here and brag about how tall he is and how the women love it, so be ready...

I'm 6'2'', the women love it :biggrin:
Reply 5
Most women prefer tall men but short guys can make up for their shortness by being attractive in the other aspects.
Reply 6
I just want to add, I'm not insecure about my height, I'm not looking for positive reinforcement I just find it weird, I grew quite a bit in the past few years, my growth was stunted when I was bout 14/15 because of an injury so I was about 5'5 until the age of 18, I'm now 20 next month.

Nobody would guess I'm 5'10 because that's considered tall, it's just strange the reaction you get when you know a girl in particular likes tall guys..

Just want get others opinions haha sorry if it sounded like I'm looking for sympathy.
Reply 7
Tom Hardy said that he's short, and he's 5'9.
It's probably to do with your frame. I'm 5'11-6' and I get told I look much shorter from a distance because of my build. You must be more slender, which makes you look taller!
Reply 9
Original post by donutellme
It's probably to do with your frame. I'm 5'11-6' and I get told I look much shorter from a distance because of my build. You must be more slender, which makes you look taller!

because of yo build??? ayy so that mean u been makin gainzzz mayyynee????? all kiiiinds mayne??
Original post by WoodyMKC
Some tall guy is bound to come in here and brag about how tall he is and how the women love it, so be ready...

I'm 6'2'', the women love it :biggrin:

Haha you beat me to it you mug :wink: But tbh more kids nowadays are nearer your height than say 5'9''
(edited 6 years ago)
A short bloke with broad shoulders in infinitely more attractive than a tall framecel
Original post by eden3
because of yo build??? ayy so that mean u been makin gainzzz mayyynee????? all kiiiinds mayne??

Eyy mayne....I been followin all dem damn sermons u been preachin!! Pastors Keith n Kevin and Lord Eden,yreeeeesaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

He said, LAAWWWWWDDDD GAINSSSSS DONE TOUCHED ME FROM UP ABUURRRVVVVVV
Reply 13
Original post by TheFarmerLad
A short bloke with broad shoulders in infinitely more attractive than a tall framecel

I think my shoulders look wider because I've a 28 waist, and I'm carrying a bit extra!
I know a coupe of girls who go for the tall lanky type, most tend to like the Conor McGregor physique.

My old housemate assumed girls were crazy for him because he was 6'0 and had some muscle, he also assumed he'd beat most people in a fight because of his size despite people being taller than him and him having no training.
Original post by seanf999
I think my shoulders look wider because I've a 28 waist, and I'm carrying a bit extra!
I know a coupe of girls who go for the tall lanky type, most tend to like the Conor McGregor physique.

My old housemate assumed girls were crazy for him because he was 6'0 and had some muscle, he also assumed he'd beat most people in a fight because of his size despite people being taller than him and him having no training.

He assumed wrong.

That's a really narrow waist, so it's probably why you look taller! I wouldn't worry about your height anyway, is perfectly fine.
I'm only 5ft and to be honest I prefer shorter guys, but I'd say you weren't that short? Maybe I have an odd perspective because all my family and a lot of my family's friends are really short. I'd say short would be 5ft 6 and under.
I personally prefer taller guys

BUT the majority of the guys in my computing class are roughly the same height as me (5ft2), there's like only a few which actually reach 6ft and majority of them have girlfriends, purely on the basis that some girls clearly do not care about height and they are incredibly confident, hilarious (I'm in tears every lesson) and have decent personalities which makes up for them being shorter than average.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Height do contribute but its not all that matters, you height is about fine....
Reply 18
No opinion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending