The Student Room Group

University transfer

I have almost completed first year at Uni of York and have for various reasons I'm seeking a transfer. I suppose the obvious choice would be Northumbria uni where I live (Newcastle didn't give me an offer) where most of my mates are. However my best mate at uni is Scottish and is transferring to Glasgow and after visiting him a couple of times he suggested I transfer there as well as I got on with all his friends really well. At Northumbria I'd have a job and be with my old school mates but inevitably I'd end up sponging off my parents and i moved to be independent. I'd regret not going to Glasgow but I could end up hating there as well. Cheers if anyone's read until the end and any advice would be welcomed.
Original post by Chad121
I have almost completed first year at Uni of York and have for various reasons I'm seeking a transfer. I suppose the obvious choice would be Northumbria uni where I live (Newcastle didn't give me an offer) where most of my mates are. However my best mate at uni is Scottish and is transferring to Glasgow and after visiting him a couple of times he suggested I transfer there as well as I got on with all his friends really well. At Northumbria I'd have a job and be with my old school mates but inevitably I'd end up sponging off my parents and i moved to be independent. I'd regret not going to Glasgow but I could end up hating there as well. Cheers if anyone's read until the end and any advice would be welcomed.

Contact the department of where youd like to go and see if they accept and will consider a transfer. You dont have anything unless they will. They will normally expect you to do well in your first year exams plus the courses need to be roughly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending