The Student Room Group

ICT AQA Info 1 Exam 2017

How did everyone find the exam?
What did everyone put for the 15 marker? I was confused whether it was online or paper so i just talk about the extra info you needed like contact info and the layout and colours used. But a few people said they talked about validation/verification??
Also, what the hell is the output device for making jewellery!?
Original post by AutumnSummers
What did everyone put for the 15 marker? I was confused whether it was online or paper so i just talk about the extra info you needed like contact info and the layout and colours used. But a few people said they talked about validation/verification??

Hey, I didn't write anything about colour scheme or look (whether i should have i dunno). I went into how validation checks should be used throughout the form. Presence checks used for all fields to ensure they're completed. Format check for the date. Then some of the questions should be written differently ie. Address split into House No., Street and Postcode. The postcode could then be checked using a table check or a format check. Prompts should be included regarding some questions like the date ie mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy then a format check to ensure it was correct. I also wrote about how there should be a drop down due to the limitations of answers to the gender question (male, female or other which leads to another data field). Then adding contact details such as email. Verification could be added here by saying to enter the email twice. Then some conclusion about how the use of validation and verification enables data entry to be quicker and easier. The less mistakes that the user makes, the less time and effort on the part of the user and health club.

Also, 3d printer for the jewellery. I HOPE ;P
Original post by gemmastewart94
Hey, I didn't write anything about colour scheme or look (whether i should have i dunno). I went into how validation checks should be used throughout the form. Presence checks used for all fields to ensure they're completed. Format check for the date. Then some of the questions should be written differently ie. Address split into House No., Street and Postcode. The postcode could then be checked using a table check or a format check. Prompts should be included regarding some questions like the date ie mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy then a format check to ensure it was correct. I also wrote about how there should be a drop down due to the limitations of answers to the gender question (male, female or other which leads to another data field). Then adding contact details such as email. Verification could be added here by saying to enter the email twice. Then some conclusion about how the use of validation and verification enables data entry to be quicker and easier. The less mistakes that the user makes, the less time and effort on the part of the user and health club.

Also, 3d printer for the jewellery. I HOPE ;P

Ah damn it! I knew all about validation checks but I was just unsure about whether the form was online and it didn't ask about robust data entry aagghh I've lost 15 marks :/
Ah damn it! I knew all about validation checks but I was just unsure about whether the form was online and it didn't ask about robust data entry aagghh I've lost 15 marks :/

Ahhh nooo,
Although tbf pretty much everyone I talked to said they put something along the lines of "Provided it is a digital form" to cover our asses. I doubt there would be enough to write about if it were purely paper based.
A 3D printer? Wth....i put jewellery requires something like a mould to shape it and so it being an output device lol for something like gold it wouldn't make sense imo as gold is very expensive and for 3d printers there is specific materials that they can only operate with but i have a feeling that you are actually right.
(edited 6 years ago)
Ahhh nooo,
Although tbf pretty much everyone I talked to said they put something along the lines of "Provided it is a digital form" to cover our asses. I doubt there would be enough to write about if it were purely paper based.

I was so confused because it didn't say whether it was paper or digital so I just assumed paper because that's what the image looked like? I'm so annoyed because if I had understood that it was asking for validation checks it would have been so easy! Oh well I know I've got no marks on that one but it's out of 80 so I could still get an A losing 15 marks I think? Do you know the rough grade boundaries?
Original post by Dragon5555
A 3D printer? Wth....i put jewellery requires something like a mould to shape it and so it being an output device lol for something like gold it wouldn't make sense imo as gold is very expensive and for 3d printers there is specific materials that they can only operate with but i have a feeling that you are actually right.

Alot of people put 3D printer but I had noooo idea so literally just put a machine :'D Atleast its only 1 Mark!
I was so confused because it didn't say whether it was paper or digital so I just assumed paper because that's what the image looked like? I'm so annoyed because if I had understood that it was asking for validation checks it would have been so easy! Oh well I know I've got no marks on that one but it's out of 80 so I could still get an A losing 15 marks I think? Do you know the rough grade boundaries?

Tbf layout will probably be on the mark scheme so you should pick up some points.
Grade boundaries for A:
2016: 54/80
2015:54/80
2014:55/80
2013: 55/80

So i'm imagining between the 53-56 mark area? They've actually been pretty consistent. So even if you get 0 on the 15 marker you'll still have 65, leaving around 10 marks grace.
Tbf layout will probably be on the mark scheme so you should pick up some points.
Grade boundaries for A:
U
So i'm imagining between the 53-56 mark area? They've actually been pretty consistent. So even if you get 0 on the 15 marker you'll still have 65, leaving around 10 marks grace.

I can't imagine the grade boundaries being similar to last year because you have to remember that the 20 marker pretty much remained the same as 2015 and 2016 info1 as well..so perhaps teachers have focused on how to answer these questions. Do you guys find it odd that the grade boundaries for this subject when talking about getting an A seems to be quite low?
(edited 6 years ago)
Grade boundaries for A:

Thank you! I talked about double entry of the email address so I probably have 1 mark :'D Good luck for INFO 2!
Thank you! I talked about double entry of the email address so I probably have 1 mark :'D Good luck for INFO 2!

You too :smile:

I put robots as the output device for jewellery
Original post by UnknownUKB
I put robots as the output device for jewellery

NOW THAT IS VERY FUNNY...AQA examiners are going to be getting so many stupid answers from us :biggrin:

Only 1 mark though so don't worry
Original post by Dragon5555
NOW THAT IS VERY FUNNY...AQA examiners are going to be getting so many stupid answers from us :biggrin:

Only 1 mark though so don't worry

Lol... i wasn't trying to funny but like you said only one mark.
Thanks, hopefully!
(edited 6 years ago)
I literally just put a machine :'D Yer they'll have a laugh looking at some of the guesses
Reply 15
What did everyone put in for the 9 marker?
Original post by __bas10
What did everyone put in for the 9 marker?

The question on client requirement testing, you had to use specific tests from your sample work thag were relevant to a requirement your client had. So in your sample work you should have had a test plan with a test type column and you should have client requirment testing. You could either mention several tests or only one or two in detail. As it was 9 marks i think 3 marks for each test makes sense but i just wrote a **** load for that question lol
Reply 17
I put plotter for jewellery :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending