The Student Room Group

Edexcel History iGCSE 2017

How did everyone find the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Brumafriend

luckily i predicted what came up for my topics which was nazis n cold wars so im happy. what about you?
Original post by milliekc
luckily i predicted what came up for my topics which was nazis n cold wars so im happy. what about you?

What was the nazi one?
Reply 3

Which topics did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

It wasn't very good :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Nye2001
It wasn't very good :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I messed up the chronology for civil rights as well
Reply 6
Original post by dx31
I messed up the chronology for civil rights as well

The war powers act confused me I totally confused it all up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nye2001
The war powers act confused me I totally confused it all up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Duuddde. What did you put for civil rights D question, that one I f-ed up, didnt know what to put.
I did Germany and Russia and i really liked it, although the Germany question on Jews confused me
Original post by elizabethperroni
I did Germany and Russia and i really liked it, although the Germany question on Jews confused me

Yep same. What did you put as your paragraphs for that one
Original post by Polly123321
Duuddde. What did you put for civil rights D question, that one I f-ed up, didnt know what to put.

HUAC, Hollywood Ten, Alger Hiss, Soviet Union testing atomic bomb. Then really briefly mentioned Berlin crisis and Korean War and McCarthyism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nye2001
HUAC, Hollywood Ten, Alger Hiss, Soviet Union testing atomic bomb. Then really briefly mentioned Berlin crisis and Korean War and McCarthyism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool I talked about a lot of that but forgot berlin crises oops. What did you put for the C
Cool I talked about a lot of that but forgot berlin crises oops. What did you put for the C

Little Rock, brown v Topeka; SCLC, MlK and Montgomery boycott

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it fairly easy as well. I'm happy Churches and Women didn't come up (I do nazi and cold war too btw). I was particularly happy that Cuban Missile Crisis question came up!
Yep same. What did you put as your paragraphs for that one

i did hitlers antisemtic views so he did laws in 1933
nuremberg laws showed the progression
and kristallnacht with the deportation to ghettos
I found it fairly easy as well. I'm happy Churches and Women didn't come up (I do nazi and cold war too btw). I was particularly happy that Cuban Missile Crisis question came up!

Yeah same
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by LlamaLlama1730
What was the nazi one?

jews 1933-139
and for d why was there oppostion to the wiemar in 1919-23
I did Cold war and international relations:
For the Pact of Steel, I unfortunately mistook it for strengthened and reinforced alliance with Russia instead of Italy. However i managed to explain the reasons why it gave Hitler the confidence to invade and annex Poland, similar to Italy. Will I still get marks for this?

The 8 Marker was easy- Talking about the great depression and the self interest during Anschluss and the Munich conference, you could talk about the sympathetic attitude of Britain, linking it with the great depression

10 marker- Great depession caused isolationism - Chaneg from the involvement from the league and the Aaland islands
Great depression led to the Macnhurian crisis caused aggressive foreign policies- change from the Kellog Briand pact

Probably achieved 21/22 marks on this one

Cold war:
Potsdam left Berlin as a disputed settlement caused the blockade

8 maker: Security issues, negotiation/leverage and the Naval Blockade. Link security and nuclear warfare together, explain how there was a need from an immediate resonse and invasion would cause nuclear warfare so the blockade was the only option

10 Marker: Truman Doctrine antagonised communism, created a threat to the USSR, prevented the spread of communism. Greek Civil war led to Marshall plan
Links with the Berlin Blockade as it increased properity and economic development of Berlin by £1.44 billion investments. This worsened tensions- Broke Yalta agreement, reduced trust, inreased tension through possibilty of war- Airlift is linked causing a bitter taste of defeat, encouraged Stalin for revenge
Links with NATO collective security as a deterrent to prevent aggression from the union

24/25 for this one, I used precise and own factual knowledge 2/3 explained points, and linked
It was fine although the Germany question on the position of the Jews was a question I had not planned for. :smile:
The Grade boundaries last year were 90/100. 2014 (82/100) for A*;. So I assume the boundaries may be between 86/88

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending