The Student Room Group

International Relations Exam - Pearson Edexcel GCSE History - Monday 5th June 2017

How did everybody find that exam?

The Questions, in case you have forgotten already;

Q1 - Source Analysis on Berlin

Q2 - Describe 2 Ways Khruschev Tried To Fix Problems In Berlin 1960 - 61.

Q3 - How Reliable Are Sources B&C To Show Reasons Warsaw Pact Troops Were Sent To Invade Czechoslovakia In 1968?

Q4 - a - Describe the key features of the Yalta Conference
Q4 - b - Describe the key features of the Helsinki Agreements (choose a or b)

Q5 - Explain the importance of three of the following in International Relations
- Cominform
- Soviet Invasion Of Afghanistan
- The INF Treaty
- Bay Of Pigs Invasion

Q6 - Explain why relations changed between the USA and the Soviet Union in the years 1949 - 1955.
You must discuss the Berlin Airlift, the Formation Of The Warsaw Pact and your own ideas.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Question 6 was 1949-1956 cause im guessing they wanted you to write about the hungary uprising of 1956
Original post by Owen Mc7
Question 6 was 1949-1956 cause im guessing they wanted you to write about the hungary uprising of 1956

Yes sorry my error, I'll change that now.
Personally, I used the two stimuli and then talked about NATO
Original post by Owen Mc7

I wrote about the formation of NATO
Original post by Itsmesophia_xo
I wrote about the formation of NATO

So did I 👍
I wrote about NATO, the arms race & the development of the H Bomb
Guys, I wrote about the Disagreement of the treatment of Germany. I know that was Potsdam but the conflict carried on afterward worsening relations. Would I still get full marks? Really worried about that :frown:
Original post by Zanthosis
Guys, I wrote about the Disagreement of the treatment of Germany. I know that was Potsdam but the conflict carried on afterward worsening relations. Would I still get full marks? Really worried about that :frown:

Whether you'll get full marks remains to be seen, but I would of thought you would have got some marks for talking about that.
Reply 8
Original post by the_nshoesmith
Whether you'll get full marks remains to be seen, but I would of thought you would have got some marks for talking about that.

I wrote about the Truman doctrine and I'm so annoyed will that get no marks or even lose some
Original post by linkz18
I wrote about the Truman doctrine and I'm so annoyed will that get no marks or even lose some

Edexcel policy is that they won't deduct marks, however, you won't get any marks for the section on the Truman Doctrine. You might qualify for some marks dependant on the rest of your answer.
Reply 10
For the 16 marker, I did the Hungarian Revolution, since I would talk about the Warsaw Pact coming as a result of NATO, which came as a result of the Berlin Blockade, where the Hungarian Revolution was also about trying to leave the Warsaw Pact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending