The Student Room Group

AQA OFFICIAL Food Technology Predictions 2017

Hi, I've been waiting for someone to post a thread but no one seems to be so thought i'd be the one to do it :smile:
Anyone have any predictions, tick lists/checklists or just need any help post here I will try to help!

You might want to take a look at this practice exam paper ill share the link below:
https://zigzageducation.co.uk/public/samplepdf/DT/s7350.pdf

Good luck for Mondays exam everyone! X
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

you never know with AQA FT, its so different every year! xx
Upside down cakes obviously but i have no idea what to revise..
Reply 3
Original post by GJONES200
you never know with AQA FT, its so different every year! xx

Yeah thats the problem! I don't know much at all!
Reply 4
Original post by tanisha04
Upside down cakes obviously but i have no idea what to revise..

what topics relate to upside down pudding? x
Just the section A, the preliminary material is about upside down puddings so we will need to know how to make them and what quality control checks are needed aswell as different recipes for upside down puddings.
What would be the control checks for upside down cake ??
what upside cake have you memorised?
Original post by 9257
what upside cake have you memorised?

Tarte tatin??
is that it
I only know the pineapple upside down own but for the other ideas i'm just going to change the fillings and make it up so for example replace the pineapple with apples or plums.. but word it differently so it doesn't seem exactly the same.
yeah same :smile:
I memorised jam sponge as well as second design idea
do you have to change the ingredients or can you keep it the same?
Reply 14
How did everyone find the exam! shall i start a t
Original post by help.2017
How did everyone find the exam! shall i start a t

I don't really know, i'm just glad it's over. There were just so many marks available and i didn't know how to get them.
What did you put for the addictives questions and eat well plate. Also what fruits did put section A and their vitamins or minerals.
Original post by 19farahm
What did you put for the addictives questions and eat well plate. Also what fruits did put section A and their vitamins or minerals.

For the fruit section i put pineapples, cherries, plums and raspberries and i said that most of these are sources of vitamin C but i rlly just guessed lol.

And what addictive question?
Original post by tanisha04
For the fruit section i put pineapples, cherries, plums and raspberries and i said that most of these are sources of vitamin C but i rlly just guessed lol.

And what addictive question?

Didn't the fruits have to be grown in the U.K. Yeah same I guess the vitamins for each fruit. The describe the additives each of these, preservation, emulsifier and some others that I can't remember.
Was it product A or B for the eatwell plate question?

Quick Reply

Latest