The Student Room Group

New ear piercing problem

Yesterday I got my helix pierced but today I noticed that the back has fell out. Should I sterilise the back and put it on again??
How would I sterilise it ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by MochiBear95
Yesterday I got my helix pierced but today I noticed that the back has fell out. Should I sterilise the back and put it on again??

I think you should go back and have a look at
Reply 2
Original post by Lucky10
I think you should go back and have a look at

The only problem is I won't be able to go back for a few days at least
Reply 3
The only problem is I won't be able to go back for a few days at least

Potentially get it checked out
How would I sterilise it ?

Fell out or off? If you think you can get it back on without causing any damage, try it. Obviously sterilise first and make sure your hands are clean and everything
Reply 5
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Fell out or off? If you think you can get it back on without causing any damage, try it. Obviously sterilise first and make sure your hands are clean and everything

fell off
What kind of jewellery is it? Perhaps get it changed to a threaded labret bar or similar if its one of those awful butterfly back studs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by myblueheaven339
What kind of jewellery is it? Perhaps get it changed to a threaded labret bar or similar if its one of those awful butterfly back studs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a butterfly back stud
Boil water, chuck lots of salt in, put the back in for 5-10 minutes, put it back on your stud. If the entire thing fell out do the same thing with the whole stud. Easy. I have my helix pierced too. :h:

I would recommend seeing a piercer and changing the jewellery, particularly if the back keeps falling off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just get one yourself. In the first week my artificial jewellery kept irritating me and I pulled it out 3 times and my hands were always clean. My ear in fact did swell and went red. And it still hurts when but I put a real gold one in because silver jewellery doesn't suit my skin. I've got a slightly big hoop with is healing the piercing itself and the swelling has gone down rapidly just by keeping my piercing clean and daily soaking my ear with salt and water.

:smile:
Dont worry too much lol. Industrial is more painful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why piercers use butterfly studs. It's sort of painful in the first week. And they should use lose jewellery than tight ones so it heals quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending