The Student Room Group

New member looking to study Psychology with Open University :)

After looking into it and reading reviews i have decided to enrol with the Open University in March to start in October.
I will be enrolling on the Psychology and Counselling course and i am very excited!!

Are any of you already enrolled on this course? Or any Psychology course with open uni? How have you found it?
Or is there anyone that is looking to start in October?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
their psychology programme is fab. Wish i had stayed with them instead of transferring. Dont know about their counselling modules I didnt study them because i was doing counselling training at college and didnt want to repeat myself
Hey there,

I am currently considering the same course for an October start, too. I'm still debating whether it is the right thing for me to do as I'm not sure what it would open up for me professionally.
Do you happen to know which modules they will be offering in Stages 2 and 3 in the next few years? I've noticed that two out of three modules in Stage 2 are about to finish.

Have you got any concrete ideas about what you want to do after finishing the degree?

Warmly,
Claudia
Original post by Claudia5555
Hey there,

I am currently considering the same course for an October start, too. I'm still debating whether it is the right thing for me to do as I'm not sure what it would open up for me professionally.
Do you happen to know which modules they will be offering in Stages 2 and 3 in the next few years? I've noticed that two out of three modules in Stage 2 are about to finish.

Have you got any concrete ideas about what you want to do after finishing the degree?

Warmly,
Claudia

Hey, I'm also going to be applying for the course and believe the prospectus will be available this month which may give more details on modules?
Reply 4
@Chlo23

Hi!
I am also looking into that course. Have you enrolled yet? What made you choose OU instead of say Arden University?
Hey!

I've decided to enrol on the Psychology course too! University life just wasn't for me in Liverpool so im excited to study alongside my work - would love to speak to anyone who has already done this course.
Reply 6
Morning I've registered for this course and subject to student finance being approved will be starting in October.

So excited already :smile:

Look forward to talking to you all more

S
Reply 7
Hey,

I can recommend the Open Uni course in Psychology, I am just about to finish my 2nd year in Forensic Psy which has similar modules to the counselling course. It is a different style of learning to brick uni but the support from tutors and other students (via FB, forums etc) is really good. As long as you can keep up to date with the weekly course materials you will be fine and lots of the course study materials apply to real life like Milgram’s study on obedience and the impact of technology on people’s mental health.

Good luck with the course and your studying.
Reply 8
Original post by Chlo23
After looking into it and reading reviews i have decided to enrol with the Open University in March to start in October.
I will be enrolling on the Psychology and Counselling course and i am very excited!!

Are any of you already enrolled on this course? Or any Psychology course with open uni? How have you found it?
Or is there anyone that is looking to start in October?

I've enrolled for the Psychology course and I can't wait! How old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Roy101
I've enrolled for the Psychology course and I can't wait! How old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I've also enrolled 😀 im 20
Reply 10
Original post by meganaliciax
I've also enrolled 😀 im 20

Wow! I'm 19 years old and enrolling onto the psychology course for this Oct :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Roy101
Wow! I'm 19 years old and enrolling onto the psychology course for this Oct :smile:

Are you doing full or part time and which modules? :smile:
Reply 12
Are you doing full or part time and which modules? :smile:

I'm doing full time intensity, and modules : DE100 & E102

What about you?

:smile:
Original post by Roy101

What about you?

Hey, I'm 24 and am going to start in October with Psychology. I'm studying Modules: DE100 DD102. Can't wait to start.
Original post by Roy101

What about you?

I'm doing the same:smile:
Reply 15
I'm doing the same:smile:

Omg that's so cool!

You can private message me if you want :smile:
I was studying Psychology with Counselling through the OU but switched to straight Psychology as the Counselling part wouldn't get me any closer to being a Counsellor after my degree anyway. I've completed DE100 and I'm currently studying DD102... I wanted to take the Childhood and Youth module instead but it wasn't available for Jan / Feb start so I just bit the bullet and went with DD102 to get my degree done a little quicker. Not enjoying DD102 though - can't wait to finish and start my next 2 modules in October. Wanted to do 3 but there was a limit on my student finance so I'm doing 2x30 credit modules
Reply 17
Hey! That's why I went with psychology tbh as well.And why was there a limit to your student finance?
Reply 18
Original post by _Sovereign
I was studying Psychology with Counselling through the OU but switched to straight Psychology as the Counselling part wouldn't get me any closer to being a Counsellor after my degree anyway. I've completed DE100 and I'm currently studying DD102... I wanted to take the Childhood and Youth module instead but it wasn't available for Jan / Feb start so I just bit the bullet and went with DD102 to get my degree done a little quicker. Not enjoying DD102 though - can't wait to finish and start my next 2 modules in October. Wanted to do 3 but there was a limit on my student finance so I'm doing 2x30 credit modules

Hey! That's why I went with psychology tbh as well.Andwhy was there a limit to your student finance? 0

Original post by Roy101

I never had an issue before doing 60 credits in October and then 60 in Jan / Feb, but apparently it no longer goes academic yearly, but annually, so they cap the finance to 120 credits in 1 year, so I will be doing 60 credits in October, plus the 60 I'm doing now and have hit the cap...

Quick Reply

Latest