The Student Room Group

OCR Economics GCSE

What were the best questions to have answered :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what do you mean?
Reply 2
Because I'm worried about my revision it didn't match what I expected
Microeconomics was not a very nice paper. Whilst macroeconomics was a better paper, it seemed that there was a lot of repetition in the questions.
Reply 4
Original post by TheMightyBadger
Microeconomics was not a very nice paper. Whilst macroeconomics was a better paper, it seemed that there was a lot of repetition in the questions.

What I was told to revise was not there unless I was being very stupid

yes i found the micro paper harder
Original post by bossmanshank
yes i found the micro paper harder

It seemed as if OCR had just thrown things in from the specification that had not appeared in years or never appeared.

Product markets. I'll just leave it here.
Reply 7
It seemed as if OCR had just thrown things in from the specification that had not appeared in years or never appeared.

Product markets. I'll just leave it here.

What do you think grade boundaries will be
Original post by SJA200
What do you think grade boundaries will be

Microeconomics: 45-48 for A*.
Macroeconomics: 49-51 for A*.
Reply 9
Microeconomics: 45-48 for A*.
Macroeconomics: 49-51 for A*.

:smile:

Spoiler

microeconomics was quite hard, would they put the grade boundaries that low, as in A*- 45 ??

Also, why was this test the most difficult a591 i have ever done? Why have OCR done this?
Original post by bankofengland123
microeconomics was quite hard, would they put the grade boundaries that low, as in A*- 45 ??

Also, why was this test the most difficult a591 i have ever done? Why have OCR done this?

Well, it may not be as low as 45, but you would probably expect them to be the lowest grade boundaries ever, as I expect very few people actually would have got more than 3 or 4 marks in that 8 marker.
as far as I'm aware the A* has never gone below 48.
what are the other factors affecting the price of milk apart from excess supply?

Is competitive markets acceptable and what about a low rate of inflation?

Also, how did you guys calculate variable costs?
what are the other factors affecting the price of milk apart from excess supply?

For variable costs, they had a fixed cost which was at £0 so I used that and subtracted that from the total cost

Factors that cause the demand curve to shift to the left
Original post by thatcleverguy

I did this, but in my evaluation I said that demand for the milk will tend to be price inelastic and so factors regarding supply will impact the price more so than demand.
I did this, but in my evaluation I said that demand for the milk will tend to be price inelastic and so factors regarding supply will impact the price more so than demand.

Yeah same, I wrote that it takes up a small percentage of income and so that it'll be inelastic
Original post by thatcleverguy

I know this is a slightly late reply but would talking about increase productivity plus capital investment reducing their average costs thus enabling them to sell milk at a lower and more competitive price get marks?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by metamorphic
I know this is a slightly late reply but would talking about increase productivity plus capital investment reducing their average costs thus enabling them to sell milk at a lower and more competitive price get marks?

No, I don't think so because the question said other than an increase in supply, and those lead to increase in supply. Idk but I wrote income, do you think that's okay?, it seemed reasonable. But then I wrote this wouldn't be effective coz it's an inelastic in demand. Do you think I would get the marks??

Quick Reply

Latest