The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Is anyone else still waiting on an offer from LSBU for Nursing Sept 2017

Scroll to see replies

What type of questions do they ask for Radiography, I have an interview coming soon.If you don't mind sharing.
London
@ Sarah_78.Do you mind sharing the type of questions they ask for Radiography.Have an interview coming soon please.
Original post by Blessed88
What type of questions do they ask for Radiography, I have an interview coming soon.If you don't mind sharing.

Hi @Blessed88,

I interviewed for Adult Nursing, I don't have any information regarding radiography interviews all I can advise is that you read the interview guidance on LSBU website. Also read up on radiography, any changes or current affairs, anything in the media, know your chosen course inside out, use you tube,

My interview was the MMI format, there were 5-6 stations, there was a service user, lecturer and nurses who asked questions, scenarios and situations and you just had to answer these ethically and honestly, it's not that bad, it's so reserved and laid back, be enthusiastic let you personality shine through really give your all.

So do you know the interview style yet? Really do check LSBU website under radiography for all your guidance, better still check the student room threads for radiography interviews at LSBU or other Uni's and see other experiences this will prepare you even more.

Hope this helps x

Hey didn't even realise you tagged someone else so sorry about that, I saw a comment and jumped on it to reply lol :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
@ Sarah_78.Do you mind sharing the type of questions they ask for Radiography.Have an interview coming soon please.

Hi, just the usual really, why Radiography? What experience have you had? What experience have you had working as part of a team? What qualities do you have that are needed in Radiography. Nothing scary 😄
Also what would you do if you are not accepted on to this course?
That's about it, good luck x
Original post by Sarah_78
Hi, just the usual really, why Radiography? What experience have you had? What experience have you had working as part of a team? What qualities do you have that are needed in Radiography. Nothing scary 😄
Also what would you do if you are not accepted on to this course?
That's about it, good luck x

Thank you so much, hope to see you in September.God bless you
Original post by nelfran29
Hi @Blessed88,

I interviewed for Adult Nursing, I don't have any information regarding radiography interviews all I can advise is that you read the interview guidance on LSBU website. Also read up on radiography, any changes or current affairs, anything in the media, know your chosen course inside out, use you tube,

My interview was the MMI format, there were 5-6 stations, there was a service user, lecturer and nurses who asked questions, scenarios and situations and you just had to answer these ethically and honestly, it's not that bad, it's so reserved and laid back, be enthusiastic let you personality shine through really give your all.

So do you know the interview style yet? Really do check LSBU website under radiography for all your guidance, better still check the student room threads for radiography interviews at LSBU or other Uni's and see other experiences this will prepare you even more.

Hope this helps x

Hey didn't even realise you tagged someone else so sorry about that, I saw a comment and jumped on it to reply lol :colondollar:

Thanx a lot for the information.God bless you
Thanx a lot for the information.God bless you

Good luck hope you smash your interview team LSBU all the way xx
Thank you so much, hope to see you in September.God bless you

No worries, yep hopefully 👍
No worries, yep hopefully 👍

Oh forgot to ask About the Maths and English.I hope it's not hard🤔
Oh forgot to ask About the Maths and English.I hope it's not hard🤔

No it isn't, I can't remember how much time we got but it was plenty, for maths just revise working out percentages, and make sure you take your time and read the questions properly.
The English was very basic, just tests you on comprehension really, I'm sure you will be fine, like I said just don't rush x
Hello, there must be a mistake then because there's an event on their website for nursing and midwifery Havering campus for 28 June 2017. So now I'm confused thanks for checking. :smile:

Hi I have checked with the team and I have been told that the day at Havering is 3rdJuly. The event on the 28th is at Southwark.
I will get them to change the website
Original post by Nurseteacher
Hi I have checked with the team and I have been told that the day at Havering is 3rdJuly. The event on the 28th is at Southwark.

Hi Nurseteacher,
I know that you are part of the nursing course, but do you have any idea if there will be any of these type of days for the diagnostic radiography course? I can't seem to see anything anywhere 🤔
Thanks x

I have now been told that the website has been amended but won't show until tomorrow
Hi Nurseteacher,
I know that you are part of the nursing course, but do you have any idea if there will be any of these type of days for the diagnostic radiography course? I can't seem to see anything anywhere 🤔
Thanks x

I will check it out and get back to you
It is on 12th July 10-1600. It is part if the Allied health sciences. It will be at our Southwark campus.
It is on 12th July 10-1600. It is part if the Allied health sciences. It will be at our Southwark campus.

Amazing! Thank you xx
Amazing! Thank you xx

You are welcome

Hi @Nurseteacher, thanks for getting back to me, I've noted this in my diary thanks so much for checking. I am so looking forward to the head start day I just want July to hurry up now. I am so grateful to be offered a place don't think it's sunk in yet :smile:
No it isn't, I can't remember how much time we got but it was plenty, for maths just revise working out percentages, and make sure you take your time and read the questions properly.
The English was very basic, just tests you on comprehension really, I'm sure you will be fine, like I said just don't rush x

Thanks a lot for the help.
Reply 139
Hello @Afuaa have you received your official DBS certificate yet to your home address?

No I haven't I called southbank and I was told the university will let us know when to do the crb. Have you done yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending