The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Geography Human Paper Tomorrow

Anyone ready for the geography human paper tomorrow?

Does anyone reckon that case studies will come up in this one, considering that the physical paper didn't have any?

FLM2318
Maybe Refugees for Population if you are doing it...
Reply 2
Original post by JMR2017
Maybe Refugees for Population if you are doing it...

I'm doing Population Change, Development Gap and Tourism.

I hope the grade boundaries are roughly the same as last years, because I'm determined to get an A overall.

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this year's physical paper? For some peculiar reason, I think they'll be lower or roughly the same.

FLM2318
Original post by FLM2318
I'm doing Population Change, Development Gap and Tourism.

I hope the grade boundaries are roughly the same as last years, because I'm determined to get an A overall.

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this year's physical paper? For some peculiar reason, I think they'll be lower or roughly the same.

FLM2318

I think probably the same. Questions were a bit harder, but there were no case studies to talk about.
Reply 4
Original post by JMR2017
I think probably the same. Questions were a bit harder, but there were no case studies to talk about.

That's likely to be the case, because the general consensus seems to be that the exam was slightly harder than expected for that reason.

Fingers crossed at least one question comes up for a case study for one of the topics tomorrow!

And good luck to you! :smile:

FLM2318
Population Change: impacts of rapid population growth, ageing population, refugees.
Development Gap: ways of classifying parts of the world, world trade and stuff, different development of 2 EU countries.
Tourism: economic importance of tourism to countries, impact of external factors on tourism and tourist lifecycle model, extreme tourism, ecotourism.
I have done no revision... I'm hoping that there will not be any case studies. :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by Exotoxin
I have done no revision... I'm hoping that there will not be any case studies. :colone:

If it's any consolation, I haven't been able to fit much revision for geography either due to tearing my hair out over bloody science and maths.

I think you can still do relatively well in geography provided that you're good at stating a relevant point to the question and then expanding on it, because that's what you essentially get marked on the most. As long as you can do that, you should do just fine. Additionally, as long as it sounds reasonable, you can sort of make up case study facts and still get marks. That's what I did for my mock and did fine! And make your points link together and do them in a logical manner.

FLM2318
(edited 6 years ago)
I am going to put up some videos which may be of help for last minute revision...
Reply 9
human papers tend to have more case studies as they can't really ask questions without case studies being used.
Original post by FLM2318

Does anyone reckon that case studies will come up in this one, considering that the physical paper didn't have any?

FLM2318

no.
Reply 11
Original post by FLM2318

FLM2318

The physical paper had multiple case studies, such as that of Deforestation (Malaysia) and another case study for the 9 marker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending