The Student Room Group

Why are people voting for Tories?

[Sorry I'm not sure how to spell the political party. Let's just go with Tories]

Tories want the uk to just be full of white people only. They don't want any other ethnicities here, they want to send anyone who wasn't born in the uk back to the country where they were born. Is this true or have I heard wrong? If I heard right then there are a lot of racist people out there if Tories are getting votes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by samzy21
[Sorry I'm not sure how to spell the political party. Let's just go with Tories]

Tories want the uk to just be full of white people only. They don't want any other ethnicities here, they want to send anyone who wasn't born in the uk back to the country where they were born. Is this true or have I heard wrong? If I heard right then there are a lot of racist people out there if Tories are getting votes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, that's definitely correct, all Tory voters are complete racists who want to deport everyone.

I'm sorry, that's completely incorrect.

Here's why I vote Tory. They support businesses, the economy and entrepreneurism. Labour does not do this, they simply raise taxes for corporations, as well as the wealthy, and this combined with increasing the living wage will undoubtably result in firms closing en-masse, unemployment rising, prices inflating - recession.

For an economy to flourish the populous cannot be spoon-fed with welfare, free tuition fees, etc. Conservatives encourage a working society, entrepreneurism, allowing business to thrive. Under Corbyn's Labour, the economy flops, the deficit increases, the future generation will be reliant on the state, unemployment will become a problem, we are left without deterrent, against shoot-to-kill...

This G.E. is merely a personality contest now. Few like May as a person, I don't, and many love Corbyn as he's 'warm and fluffy', yet he, Diane Abbott (who is a danger to the country), John McDonnell are previous IRA sympathisers.
Original post by mossy950
Yup, that's definitely correct, all Tory voters are complete racists who want to deport everyone.

Here's why I vote Tory. They support businesses, the economy and entrepreneurism. Labour does not do this, they simply raise taxes for corporations, as well as the wealthy, and this combined with increasing the living wage will undoubtably result in firms closing en-masse, unemployment rising, prices inflating - recession.

For an economy to flourish the populous cannot be spoon-fed with welfare, free tuition fees, etc. Conservatives encourage a working society, entrepreneurism, allowing business to thrive. Under Corbyn's Labour, the economy flops, the deficit increases, the future generation will be reliant on the state, unemployment will become a problem, we are left without deterrent, against shoot-to-kill...

This G.E. is merely a personality contest now. Few like May as a person, I don't, and many love Corbyn as he's 'warm and fluffy', yet he, Diane Abbott (who is a danger to the country), John McDonnell are previous IRA sympathisers.

You need to see that video about that lady having a go at a Tory coming round her house. "I don't give a **** about the IRA". And neither should anyone, if that is the only thing one can think of to criticize Corbyn, then you don't actually have anything at all.

And yes, the age-old myth, that the left destroys the economy while the right magically boosts it. What a joke. You are free to google the evidence on this (hint: there is none whatsoever, if anything, in the US the economy has always performed better under Democrats :wink: ).

This is why Tory supporters are so unpleasant.
there are plenty of ethnic people in the Conservative Party at Westminster. vast numbers of ethnic people vote for them at elections, as they are the party for hardworking people who want a better life for themselves and their children.
Reply 4
Original post by yudothis
You need to see that video about that lady having a go at a Tory coming round her house. "I don't give a **** about the IRA". And neither should anyone, if that is the only thing one can think of to criticize Corbyn, then you don't actually have anything at all.

And yes, the age-old myth, that the left destroys the economy while the right magically boosts it. What a joke. You are free to google the evidence on this (hint: there is none whatsoever, if anything, in the US the economy has always performed better under Democrats :wink: ).

This is why Tory supporters are so unpleasant.

I'm sorry, how am I unpleasant by stating my opinion? I find this response quite unpleasant, in fact...

I strongly disagree with your point on the economy. If corporation tax will rise to 26%, the living wage will rise to £10, income tax will rise for the wealthy (large amount of business owners), fees on private schools will be taxed, then firms will struggle. Prices rise as a result. Consumer activity decreases. I have first-hand experience of this; my family own several businesses.

I wasn't criticising Corbyn. I like his character. I am actually concerned by his background, so I do have something to do by. On top of this, he has divided the Labour Party. I could expand. The handling of the Trident and Syria votes indicated major party management problems; Corbyn’s ‘prevarication’ about whether to allow a free vote on Syrian intervention signalled he has no plausible strategy to manage his parliamentary colleagues; the attempt to put pressure on MPs through directives from Momentum and the decision to conduct a last minute plebiscite among party members merely antagonised parliamentarians... and if anyone thinks that Diane Abbott is a good idea to the UK, then I am shocked. (You need to view the videos when she is being interviewed.. you are free to Google the evidence..)

I welcome your reply as I found your initial response quite unpleasant.
Original post by samzy21

Posted from TSR Mobile

The party is the Conservatives. Capital c because conservatism is a political ideology.
Maybe you are confused with UKIP or the BNP, but then again that doesn't apply to them either.
No party in the UK just wants the UK to be full of white people only.
I think you are confused between white people and British people.
Not all white people are British, and not all British people are white :smile:
Perhaps this idea has been given to you because the Conservatives/Tories wish to leave the EU, where a current requirement of being an EU member is the freedom of movement of people. Once we leave the EU, both British and European member state citizens won't be able to travel visa free.
Reply 6
Why am I voting Tory?

In general I prefer the few to the many.
I'm sorry, how am I unpleasant by stating my opinion? I find this response quite unpleasant, in fact...

And unpleasant because the beliefs are unpleasant. Like that other thread I was just on, people who think cheating is ok, I find them "unpleasant" too.

I strongly disagree with your point on the economy. If corporation tax will rise to 26%, the living wage will rise to £10, income tax will rise for the wealthy (large amount of business owners), fees on private schools will be taxed, then firms will struggle. Prices rise as a result. Consumer activity decreases. I have first-hand experience of this; my family own several businesses.

Now we know why you vote Tory.

And you may disagree but the facts prove you wrong. Google it. Democratic presidents fare better for the economy.

I wasn't criticising Corbyn. I like his character. I am actually concerned by his background, so I do have something to do by. On top of this, he has divided the Labour Party. I could expand. The handling of the Trident and Syria votes indicated major party management problems; Corbyn’s ‘prevarication’ about whether to allow a free vote on Syrian intervention signalled he has no plausible strategy to manage his parliamentary colleagues; the attempt to put pressure on MPs through directives from Momentum and the decision to conduct a last minute plebiscite among party members merely antagonised parliamentarians... and if anyone thinks that Diane Abbott is a good idea to the UK, then I am shocked. (You need to view the videos when she is being interviewed.. you are free to Google the evidence..)

You totally weren't :rolleyes:

And no I don't. But neither do I think May is. In fact I think that old bag of selfish ambition is absolutely terrible for Britain.

I welcome your reply as I found your initial response quite unpleasant.

That's an oxymoron, no?
This thread is embarrassing.
Reply 9
Original post by yudothis

Now we know why you vote Tory

I'm a student. I would request you do not make assumptions on the basis of my vote.
I'd love free tuition fees, to be honest, but again, a spoon-fed society is not the society we need for strength and stability for now and the future.

What exactly are you asking me to Google? Why can't you just present me with your so-called facts here and now? I really don't class Google as a whole a reliable source of information, you can find any viewpoint there, and I'm sticking to my own, but feel free to continue and I'd love to respond.

I am merely being polite. I do not like the tone/attitude of your responses. It is quite patronising.
Feminism!
I'm a student. I would request you do not make assumptions on the basis of my vote.
I'd love free tuition fees, to be honest, but again, a spoon-fed society is not the society we need for strength and stability for now and the future.

What exactly are you asking me to Google? Why can't you just present me with your so-called facts here and now? I really don't class Google as a whole a reliable source of information, you can find any viewpoint there, and I'm sticking to my own, but feel free to continue and I'd love to respond.

I am merely being polite. I do not like the tone/attitude of your responses. It is quite patronising.

It's really not that hard:

http://www.salon.com/2015/12/28/these_5_charts_prove_that_the_economy_does_better_under_democratic_presidents/

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/aa8a57a8-ac12-45c8-8f72-b3261c4c798a/jec-fact-sheet---the-economy-under-democratic-vs.-republican-presidents.pdf

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/11/07/trump-is-right-about-one-thing-the-economy-does-better-under-the-democrats/#559c83086786
Original post by samzy21

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you said is a little extreme I think. It is right, however, that whenever the Conservative Party is in power the low-waged are worse off, the high-earners prosper and public services are squeezed out of their life. That's why I don't understand why so many of the Brits, which aren't lawyers, traders and dentists, would vote Tory. Why would you vote for your children, siblings, partners, parents and YOURSELVES to be worse off. Tory activists push this bs around that Tories are good with money but they run huge deficits. It's beyond me this phenomenon. It's similar to the American Republican Party. How can you vote for (some) men and women that believe that global warming is a hoax because God promised Noah not to destroy the Earth again? It's equivalent to voting for a 5 year old that believes Santa Claus will bring money to fund the NHS because he always brings good gifts.
Original post by missedhit
What you said is a little extreme I think. It is right, however, that whenever the Conservative Party is in power the low-waged are worse off, the high-earners prosper and public services are squeezed out of their life. That's why I don't understand why so many of the Brits, which aren't lawyers, traders and dentists, would vote Tory. Why would you vote for your children, siblings, partners, parents and YOURSELVES to be worse off. Tory activists push this bs around that Tories are good with money but they run huge deficits. It's beyond me this phenomenon. It's similar to the American Republican Party. How can you vote for (some) men and women that believe that global warming is a hoax because God promised Noah not to destroy the Earth again? It's equivalent to voting for a 5 year old that believes Santa Claus will bring money to fund the NHS because he always brings good gifts.

because, surprisingly, alot of people in the UK are in private buisness' and would benefit from lower corporation task and a smaller government. also labor would drive the countries, economy and debt into the ground.
Why would people want to vote for Labour? The state of this thread smh...

Hi, why have you just said labour will drive business away, that's a lie. The labour party want to raise corporation tax to 26%, this is still less than in 2010 under the coalition. Businesses were around then were they not? so tell how me how having the corporation tax lower than in 2010 when they were all here is going to make them run away? please stop reading the sun and listening to tory MPs.

A better way to get your information is from he manifestos, oh wait yours is pathetic and un-costed oops, maybe you could try watching debates between the leaders! oh wait your strong leader wont let you do that. Oh well i guess another 5 years of cuts are incoming wahoo.
Because of meme politics, and Economic ignorance.

It is quite touching to see people sticking up for the downtrodden rich and mega corporations. Let's look at where right wing economics has led us in the past-ah, global recession in 2008 and the Wall Street crash of the 1930s. All I can see is that voting for Theresa May will continue to see my pay rises capped at 1% while tax cuts continue to be given to the most well off. Why should I vote for someone who openly supports me losing money in real terms?

You sound like an absolute ****
The conservatives better understand how we are going to meet Paris 2050 & have put money into innovation in energy efficiency and the electrification of fueled processes.

Labour have set a target of 60% renewables by 2030 which would not only be prohibitively expensive, but if achieved would leave us with low tech retrofitted biomass boilers where we would have to import the biomass.

The dementia tax is a progressive tax on the inheritance of very wealthy 50/60 year olds and not on dementia sufferers.

Brexit is the defining question of this parliament and Labour aren't anywhere near a collective and realistic decision on how to approach it, nor are they credible negotiators.

Slamming businesses already reeling from brexit isn't going to help.

Labour spending plans will eventually be paid for by you.

I've voted Labour this election but those would be reasons to vote Conservative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending