The Student Room Group

Anthology predictions for Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2017 (inc. R)

Poll

Which one do you think will come

Hey, guys!
They made a thread for this last year and I thought it would be really good if we had one for this year.
Explorers Daughter came last year, so we need to find out which passages will come...
My best guess is Greenpeace UK, or Your Guide to Beach Safety.... The ones I SERIOUSLY HATE.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookiemonstaXD
Hey, guys!
They made a thread for this last year and I thought it would be really good if we had one for this year.
Explorers Daughter came last year, so we need to find out which passages will come...
My best guess is Greenpeace UK, or Your Guide to Beach Safety.... The ones I SERIOUSLY HATE.

I don't think that the website would come again, it came in june 2016 paper.
I feel like climate change the facts would come because it came once only on a repeat paper (june 2015)
Original post by airplane lover
I don't think that the website would come again, it came in june 2016 paper.
I feel like climate change the facts would come because it came once only on a repeat paper (june 2015)

The webpage was either in the original paper or revised paper, I forgot which one. But Passsage to Africa came last year as well, I'm pretty sure it was the revised paper??)
okay, so which one do you guys think will come in the R paper this year? if we can narrow down the choices than we might be more likely to get it right. some girls from last years paper managed to figure out which exact one came up (ikr, luckyyyy!!) but all we can hope for at this point is three or four out of the ten that might come.
Reply 4
Hey, guys!

It can also be climate change facts (Most expected).
3 other guesses are,
Touching the void
Taking on the world
Chinese Cinderella
not sure about the R paper (Sorry)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Punsara
It can also be climate change facts (Most expected).
3 other guesses are,
Touching the void
Taking on the world
Chinese Cinderella
not sure about the R paper (Sorry)

okay, yeah i think it will be the climate change one for r as well; or perhaps touching the void.....
i think we should try this the other way. which texts are most likely NOT to come?
oh and guys i heard that for the greenpeace uk website thing it has to come in colour r smthn, so its not likely to come... but you never know - since it hasnt come in a while they might decide to still bring it :s-smilie:
Reply 7
okay, yeah i think it will be the climate change one for r as well; or perhaps touching the void.....
i think we should try this the other way. which texts are most likely NOT to come?

A Passage to Africa
The website thing
These were recent so I highly doubt it will come. (Not Sure for the R paper though)
Ohhh wait, so it was "A Passage to Africa" that came on the Jan 2017 paper?

I think my English teacher told my class that she predicts the Chinese Cinderella one to come up for the June 2017 paper... but not sure >.<
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
oh and guys i heard that for the greenpeace uk website thing it has to come in colour r smthn, so its not likely to come... but you never know - since it hasnt come in a while they might decide to still bring it :s-smilie:

Lol, I just wanna say even though it has to come in Colour doesn't change a thing.
Original post by Koshtika
Lol, I just wanna say even though it has to come in Colour doesn't change a thing.

okay XD
Jan 2017= From a passage to Africa
June 2016= Climate Change webpage - Greenpeace UK
Jan 2016=From a Game of Polo with a Headless Goat
June 2015= From Touching the void
Jan 2015= Explorers, or boys messing about? Either way, tax payer gets rescue bill
June 2014= From taking on the World
Jan 2014= From Chinese Cinderella
June 2013= From the explorer's daughter
Jan 2013= Your guide to Beach safety
June 2012=From a Game of Polo with a headless goat
Jan 2012= From touching the void

Therefore most likely...Climate Change: The Facts
:smile:
Original post by Roberta_1501
Jan 2017= From a passage to Africa
June 2016= Climate Change webpage - Greenpeace UK
Jan 2016=From a Game of Polo with a Headless Goat
June 2015= From Touching the void
Jan 2015= Explorers, or boys messing about? Either way, tax payer gets rescue bill
June 2014= From taking on the World
Jan 2014= From Chinese Cinderella
June 2013= From the explorer's daughter
Jan 2013= Your guide to Beach safety
June 2012=From a Game of Polo with a headless goat
Jan 2012= From touching the void

Therefore most likely...Climate Change: The Facts
:smile:

thanks!
but guess what? Chinese Cinderella came for us
Reply 14
thanks!

Did u get Chinese Cinderella??!! And do u take only one language paper or two?
thanks!

How did it go for you?
Original post by jpoliy
Did u get Chinese Cinderella??!! And do u take only one language paper or two?

two, but im doing the R papers.
Original post by NusaybahA
How did it go for you?

it was actually pretty good! :smile:
thanks for asking!
Reply 18
guide to beach safety
Reply 19
any prediction for paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending