The Student Room Group

Leader of the Lib Dems in coming on TSR! Ask Tim Farron a question!

That's right, we can confirm:
Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Tim Farron, is coming on TSR!

Tim will be answering your questions in the lead up to the general election THIS THURSDAY!

What do you want to ask the Lib Dem Leader?

Post your question below or start your own thread in this forum.

Scroll to see replies

what is your views on same sex marriage and do you believe its a sin?
what is your view on shoot to kill
what should be done with uni fees?
Omg!

Hi Tim,

First of all - thank you for doing this.

Secondly… why is your campaign focusing so much on the promise of a 'second referendum'? I would have voted to remain within the EU if I were 18 at the time, but I feel that a second referendum is not only undemocratic and an insult to the people that voted to leave, but also something that could even cause people to lose interest and not turn up at all. I get the 'people didn't know what they were voting for' bit, but then again, that's not what the referendum was offering, it was a question of 'leave' and 'remain'. Leave being uncertain and uncharted territory by nature…

Good luck in the election :smile:
Hi Tim!

In light of increased global security threats (Russia, ISIS, tensions in the Far East), what is the Lim Dem view on defence and military expenditure?
Hi Tim, thanks for answering our questions!

If there is a hung parliament, will you consider making a coalition with another party if they agree to a second UK referendum on the EU Brexit final deal?
Hi Tim,

Is there a place within the Liberal Democrats for people like myself who are for Brexit, but agrees with the party on other issues?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BlinkyBill

That's right, we can confirm:
Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Tim Farron, is coming on TSR!

Tim will be answering your questions in the lead up to the general election THIS THURSDAY!

What do you want to ask the Lib Dem Leader?

Post your question below or start your own thread in this forum.

Does liberalism mean to you allowing anyone to choose traditional views (like on homosexuality) while still being tolerant, or does it mean people have to subscribe to the agenda of the politically correct elites?
Hi Tim,

Do you believe that it is truly liberal and democratic to pledge a second EU referendum, and why?
Why are lib dems soooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooood?
Reply 9
What is your view on abortion? I presume it's the same as your stance on the EU; you believe that one party should have the say and make decisions without the consent of the other party.
In other words, are you pro-life? If not, why not?
(edited 6 years ago)
In your opinion Tim, have students forgotten about the utterly craven and disgraceful way the LibDems dumped their election commitment on tuition fees as soon as they were in coalition with the Tories?

Also, how do you account for the fact that your spokespeople, like Vince Cable, now regularly claim support for policies they refused to implement when in power? For example, on regulating the City more tightly?
Reply 11
Hi Tim,

How will the Liberal Democrats fight bills to reduce our civil liberties in the name of "fighting extremism" after the election?
Hi Tim, a light on for you on my end.

I joined weeks ago but still haven't received my membership pack. When do you reckon it'll arrive?

Cheers
Tim. Ed Miliband was pictured eating a bacon sandwich, Theresa May eating a cone of chips, Jeremy Corbyn eating a Pringle, David Cameron eating a hot dog, Nick Clegg eating a cake.

What would you like to be pictured eating?
A recent report has said that your anti-Brexit stance is deterring voters. How do you feel about this?
Hi, Tim.

I have two concerns about your Party. One is that you, as far as I am aware, voted against replacing TRIDENT. I am concerned as this increases our national security and without it, we may not have the edge we need in case of any hostilities. Secondly, you support the legalisation of cannabis, is this just a move to try and tap into the youth vote?
What are you going to do about this tuition fee business for Students? What extra support you are wishing to provide for the NHS?
How do you feel about England having the most expensive public universities in the world?
Tim,

Thanks for getting involved! It's reassuring to see a party leader with students' interests on the agenda actually taking the time to communicate with students. The Lib Dem manifesto includes the plan to legalise cannabis, introducing limits on potency. Would you look for it to be available medicinally and able to be prescribed by medical professionals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Tim!

Could you tell me why we as students would ever vote for you after the university fee U-turn, especially when Labour are offering to scrap tuition fees?
Also why do you think other major parties are not taking on the policy of decriminalising marijuana? (which seems like a common sense policy to me!)

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending