The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology A 3 PSYA3 & PSYA4 - 07 & 14 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hi guys! This is the official thread for discussing the AQA Psychology exams in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

Exams

7th June 2017 - PSYA3 (PM)
14th June 2017 - PSYA4 (PM)

Specification

You can find the specification and sample assessment papers here.

Resources

TSR AQA Psychology Revision Library

Good luck! :parrot:

250Exams on TSR logo orange.png

Scroll to see replies

Aggression 🤞
How ready is everyone for the psya3 and psya4 papers, I'm feeling slightly worried as I have 10 essays left to learn and haven't started research methods
Predicting- group aggression and relationship breakdown? You?

Original post by Johnsmith345
How ready is everyone for the psya3 and psya4 papers, I'm feeling slightly worried as I have 10 essays left to learn and haven't started research methods
I don't do relationships but I can't see group aggression coming up as last year the agg question was evol explanations of aggression I believe - and I looked at the mark scheme and they said both group displays and infidelity/ jealousy were valid answers so I'm conflicted

Gender - think it's hard to say
Eating - possibly neural mechanisms or factors influencing eating behaviour
Aggression - I think neural / hormonal or maybe genetics
I don't do relationships but I can't see group aggression coming up as last year the agg question was evol explanations of aggression I believe - and I looked at the mark scheme and they said both group displays and infidelity/ jealousy were valid answers so I'm conflicted

Gender - think it's hard to say
Eating - possibly neural mechanisms or factors influencing eating behaviour
Aggression - I think neural / hormonal or maybe genetics

For gender it is hard to say. Consider last year they brought in genes and hormones as well as gender schema (again)
For eating and aggression I leaning more to the biological side but once again we cannot be sure
Good point. Will take a look today?
Factors influencing looks spot on for eating.

Psychological explanations maybe as a 12 marker?

I am looking at 5 topics in case I don't like a question - relationships and sleep and gender and aggression- insane 🤕
Original post by Dan Carter
Factors influencing looks spot on for eating.

Psychological explanations maybe as a 12 marker?

I am looking at 5 topics in case I don't like a question - relationships and sleep and gender and aggression- insane 🤕

Wow how did you manage to learn them all 😩
My main problem is going to be timing as I have so much to write and always end up going over 30 mins per essay

Out of interest - how lon are each of your essays on average/ how many points do you make?
Wow how did you manage to learn them all 😩
My main problem is going to be timing as I have so much to write and always end up going over 30 mins per essay

Out of interest - how lon are each of your essays on average/ how many points do you make?

I try to do 10 Ao1 points and then 8 evaluation points and then as many issues and debates as I can remember...then pray
Reply 10
cultural influences and evolutionary are what im guessing are going to come up for gender. who knows though, gender schema could make another surprise appearance lol
If gender schema comes up again I will have a breakdown in the exam

I agree with u - although gender is a hard one to predict it's best to learn them all
Hey does anyone have a high scoring essay for social influences on gender - I think mine is very basic and I'm worried they may ask it!

I don't mind sharing any of my notes with anyone who also needs a little bit of last minute help, thanks!☺️
is anyone retaking??
Yup. Group displays of aggression and relationship breakdown.

What do you think?
Anyone have any of predictions for tomorrow's exam? Regarding be essays
Hey does anyone have a high scoring essay for social influences on gender - I think mine is very basic and I'm worried they may ask it!

I don't mind sharing any of my notes with anyone who also needs a little bit of last minute help, thanks!☺️

Good luck dude.

Hope you get the essay questions you want!!🤞
Reply 17
good luck tomorrow everyone!!
Good luck guys! How is everyone feeling?

I'm just nervous about being able to fit everything in in the time and forgetting any key studies
Original post by Dan Carter
Yup. Group displays of aggression and relationship breakdown.

What do you think?

relationship breakdown, neural and hormonal for aggression and gender dysphoria

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending