Good :) 38%
Okay :| 19%
Bad :/ 13%
Horrible :(13%
Total votes: 16
How was the paper guys?

Scroll to see replies

Okay, I found question 7 hard to do with the radioactivity and stuff :/
I hated mine. For the second last question, were we supposed to draw 2 sister chromatids joined by a centromere, or a cell undergoing metaphase ?
Original post by lucas240800
Okay, I found question 7 hard to do with the radioactivity and stuff :/

Guys if we get the mcq for the radioactive question wrong will edexcel reduce all marks for that question as the rest of the questions for the radioactive part so depends on the mcq
Do you think they will cut the mark only for the mcq and award the rest based on our answers to the mcq or just cut marks for the entire question ??????
anyone please reply quick !!!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AliyaSh7
I hated mine. For the second last question, were we supposed to draw 2 sister chromatids joined by a centromere, or a cell undergoing metaphase ?

I drew a cell in metaphase with the chromosomes at the equator, and i labelled the centromere and chromatids but im not sure if that's what was supposed to be drawn.
The answer to the first question was 3 right?
Original post by RunningScorpion
Guys if we get the mcq for the radioactive question wrong will edexcel reduce all marks for that question as the rest of the questions for the radioactive part so depends on the mcq
Do you think they will cut the mark only for the mcq and award the rest based on our answers to the mcq or just cut marks for the entire question ??????
anyone please reply quick !!!!!

you might get the error carried forward mark but i'm not quite sure about that.
Original post by youssef366
The answer to the first question was 3 right?

I don't know. I could tell one of the organelles was a nucleolus and the other one was the nucleus (i think) but the other circualr one i didn't know if it was an amyloplast or a lysosome so i choose 2.
Original post by 01.ash
you might get the error carried forward mark but i'm not quite sure about that.

Why are u not sure though, wat is holding u back from giving the mark if u were the examiner ????
!Shouldn't they !!!!! like it's so unfair mate
like I got the mcq wrong then all organelles are jumbled nd hence my explanations will also be wrong
like all 10 marks gone for 1mcq error
Wth
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 01.ash
I don't know. I could tell one of the organelles was a nucleolus and the other one was the nucleus (i think) but the other circualr one i didn't know if it was an amyloplast or a lysosome so i choose 2.

Wait how did u see a nucleolus the big one was large vacuole rite ????
Wait how did u see a nucleolus the big one was large vacuole rite ????

I think you misunderstood it
The big one was the nucleus and the tiny one is the nucleolus
And the other circle thingie is not the mitochondria
The vacule were the white stuff
Original post by Yousifwithani

Ya. Could be but weren't the organelle containing a sharp white spot chloroplast

Ya. Could be but weren't the organelle containing a sharp white spot chloroplast
Why are u not sure though, wat is holding u back from giving the mark if u were the examiner ????
!Shouldn't they !!!!! like it's so unfair mate
like I got the mcq wrong then all organelles are jumbled nd hence my explanations will also be wrong
like all 10 marks gone for 1mcq error
Wth

aye don't stress over it mate, many people struggled on this question. it's gonna be fine.
also, im not saying they won't give you the mark im saying idk how they mark so im not sure

what was the other circle thingy? was it an amyloplast or a lysosome or something else??
Reply 15
i thought the exam was excellent, all the questions were straight forward to me
Reply 16
was the radiation question in the order of , ribosomes , rough endoplasmic reticulum and then golgi body?
Original post by laivys
was the radiation question in the order of , ribosomes , rough endoplasmic reticulum and then golgi body?

yeah
Reply 18
the question with william withering did you say that he didn't use a double blind trial like they do in contemporary drug testing, also the fact that he didn't use in vitro or in vivo testing
Original post by 01.ash
what was the other circle thingy? was it an amyloplast or a lysosome or something else??

It was either a lysosome or amyloplast
Because in the specification, it said you needed to know how all the organelles look under a microscope, so it's not mitochondria, answer is 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending