AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Grade boundaries predictions?

I'm thinking

A* - 68
A - 63
Reply 341
Original post by nadiakassam
I thought it was ok, I did Context 2 and Essay 3 which ones did you do??

I done context 1 (Privitisation) and Essay 2 on Price discrimination

What was context 2 on ? The 25 marker ?
Reply 342
i think i completely messed up the structure on my essays. I did the context 1, and then did essay 2 about policies for poverty. Did anyone else think the 25
marker was worded really weirdly. I was something like can the problem of poverty be solved through market forces? Overall it was okay just not as well as i would've liked :/
Original post by NotKidding
It was about using Figure 2 to show dynamic efficiency has occurred or something similar

Oh yeh haha... What did you put for that one. I said how employees has fallen but revenue has risen indicating there has been improvements in technological advancements or productivity showing dynamic efficiency has taken place? Don't think this is right tho...
Original post by SWISH99
Grade boundaries predictions?

I'm thinking

A* - 68
A - 63

Usually an A is 58-60 and A* 66-67 I believe?
Reply 345
Can someone help me try to understand my stupid error please!

For context one I answered the 2 marker is error. I worked out the decimal to be 0.535 and forgot to multiply this by 100 to give a percentage. Therefore giving my answer as 0.5 to one decimal place😂. Does anyone know if I lost one or 2 marks for this? I know is small but it's really stressing me out lol!
Reply 346
Original post by NotKidding
Usually an A is 58-60 and A* 66-67 I believe?

the grade boundries for the previous 2 years have actually been around 62-63 marks for an A. I don't think it was a bad paper but hopefully the boundaries are lower.
I'm such an idiot I didn't study the AC curve up but I did explain it right and then I said something stupid about it could make them in a situation where they are earning normal profits why I am so dumb :frown:

also for privatisation I ended up talking about market failure (less competive ) how much will I be capped for all the 9 mark

I felt like my evaluation for 25 mark for context 1was so weak im hoping I still scrape the A :/
Guys, could someone help me out. I was doing context one, the nine marker, where it asked to consider the possible effects on costs and profits. I am foreign and therefore did not know how many days mail services normally work in the UK, and from the tone of the context, I assumed it was 7. Therefore I put that as an assumption and stated that the fact that they work for one less day will lead to a decrease in the variable costs as they will save on costs of labor working extra day in comparison to seven, and therefore the ATC will go down, and thus from the diagram costs will fall from C1 to C2, and profits will rise from a shaded area of C1P1, to C2P1.
Will I literally get 0 marks for this or will I get some? I asked few of my school's economics teachers and they said i could lose 1-3 marks for this but I should be fine, but i am not entirely sure.
rip nothing like misreading the time on the board by 10 minutes so you don't finish
I felt I did the wrong diagram for section b essay 3 and did a higher msc instead of a lower msb. How many marks will this cost me?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 351
Original post by Zynnck
Can someone help me try to understand my stupid error please!

For context one I answered the 2 marker is error. I worked out the decimal to be 0.535 and forgot to multiply this by 100 to give a percentage. Therefore giving my answer as 0.5 to one decimal place😂. Does anyone know if I lost one or 2 marks for this? I know is small but it's really stressing me out lol!

Honestly, you might lose a few marks. All you had to do was add the percentage of the top 3 firms: Royal Mail, DPD and i cant remember the other one. BUT, because your percentage is kinda equivalient you might get something at least :/
I did the same as you for both parts of the exam, what did you write about for the poverty essay?
Original post by Whasupman
Guys, could someone help me out. I was doing context one, the nine marker, where it asked to consider the possible effects on costs and profits. I am foreign and therefore did not know how many days mail services normally work in the UK, and from the tone of the context, I assumed it was 7. Therefore I put that as an assumption and stated that the fact that they work for one less day will lead to a decrease in the variable costs as they will save on costs of labor working extra day in comparison to seven, and therefore the ATC will go down, and thus from the diagram costs will fall from C1 to C2, and profits will rise from a shaded area of C1P1, to C2P1.
Will I literally get 0 marks for this or will I get some? I asked few of my school's economics teachers and they said i could lose 1-3 marks for this but I should be fine, but i am not entirely sure.

Think the point was that firms employ workers to work 5 days a week whilst Royal Mail is forced to work 6 days a week. Therefore labour costs rise (as people don't want to work on weekends). Increasing output can lead to economies of scale/decreasing AC. I also mentioned that if no other firm in the market offered this service they would be a monopoly and could raise prices (S.N profit).

Not completely sure my answer was fully correct though
I'm gonna flood the chat with macro questions so we can all forget lmao
Original post by studentwfc
Same, what did you write for the 9 marker and 25 marker marker for section A?

I said that MRP affects wages because more qualifications means higher MRP etc but felt like I went on a bit. The 25 marker was better I talked about pro market so why incentives are good etc then said what the gov can do to help but why it can fail. What did you talk about in the 25 marker for Essay 3?? I wasnt really sure what they were tryna get at.
Original post by Danllo
I done context 1 (Privitisation) and Essay 2 on Price discrimination

What was context 2 on ? The 25 marker ?

It was about marginal revenue product then went on to talk about whether the gov should intervene to reduce wage differentials and stuff. I stayed wayyy clear of the price discrim essay lol
Original post by sim869
the grade boundries for the previous 2 years have actually been around 62-63 marks for an A. I don't think it was a bad paper but hopefully the boundaries are lower.

Yes except that was for the old spec (AS not A2)
I did exactly the same as you, and also think it was okay, but not as good as i would have liked. What points did you make for your two essays?

Original post by sim869
i think i completely messed up the structure on my essays. I did the context 1, and then did essay 2 about policies for poverty. Did anyone else think the 25
marker was worded really weirdly. I was something like can the problem of poverty be solved through market forces? Overall it was okay just not as well as i would've liked :/
Reply 359
Original post by Adam Fuller
I did the same as you for both parts of the exam, what did you write about for the poverty essay?

i feel like my structure for the poverty essay was quite bad. I talked about govt int. first as thats what would ahppen if the market failed. My 2 point were minimum wages and taxes/benefits. my paragraph FOR market forces was very small, i only wrote that there were not be incentives to lift yourself out of poverty, and how some free market economists belive that economic growth is needed to alleviate poverty (need poverty initially tho). Idk really i dont think it was well written, maybe just scarpping a B/C. normally i get A/B so :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending