The Student Room Group

Ocr psychology old spec g543 g544 predictions

Does anyone have any predicitons? Ahhhh
Reply 1
Original post by Mmmbbb
Does anyone have any predicitons? Ahhhh

I predict that the Behaviourist approach will come up since it hasn't come up yet and i also predict the biological approach. How have you prepared for the exam? I'm kinda nervous about section B as this was the section i done bad in last year :frown:
Reply 2
Im so nervous, I haven't actually had any input from school since doing these exams so hoping I've revised enough and can remember how to do it all properly :/ If you have any advice or tips Im all ears. Im resting my G541 (just to see if I can get higher) and then G543 and G544(passed with a C but really need a higher grade for uni :frown: ) Thanks in advance!x
Hi Jess, What came up in the G541 paper? Was it similar to what has come up in the past? I would be happy to dm you my predictions if you could answer my question :smile: x
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by gracehope1717
Hi Jess, What came up in the G541 paper? Was it similar to what has come up in the past? I would be happy to dm you my predictions if you could answer my question :smile: x

Hey,

Paper was actually really similar to all the past papers and I actually was really happy with it. I can't remember loads of it but we were given a study like usual and then asked what research design it was, then strengths of weaknesses of it. And then other strength and weakness questions. Definition of mean and then how you would calculate it. Correlations came up and we also had to draw a scatter graph. Also asked about sampling methods, how we would collect a sample and then strength and weaknesses of it

I can't remember what the 10 mark question was but it was an evaluation one so didnt need to write our own procedure or anything which I was relieved about.

Sorry I know its not overly helpful and if remember anymore will let you know!xx
Hey does anyone think that Witness appeal, Cognitions and Interviewing Witnesses will come up again this year in the Forensic questions since they came up last year? >.< I'm desperately trying to fit stuff in. I'm hoping for Biology and Offender profiling
Original post by M0598
I predict that the Behaviourist approach will come up since it hasn't come up yet and i also predict the biological approach. How have you prepared for the exam? I'm kinda nervous about section B as this was the section i done bad in last year :frown:

How did you work out your predictions?
Reply 7
Hello! Sorry this is so last minute. I just looked through all the past questions for G543 (Options in applied Psychology).

These are the amount of times a question revolved around the topic has come up;

Upbringing - 4x
Cognitions - 3x (Came up last year)
Biology - 2x

Interviewing Witnesses - 5x (Last year)
Interviwing Suspects - 1x
Creating a profile - 3x

Persuading a Jury - 4x
Witness appeal - 1x (Came up last year)
Reaching a Verdict - 3x

Now judging from those stats I'd say that Biology and Interviewing suspects are very likely to come up this year! So revise those the most!

Ones that are least likely to come up are interviewing witnesses (they've practically done it every year) and Cognitions/Persuading a Jury.

Please revise it all though just in case! I wish you all the best!
Reply 8
Original post by jonida04
Hello! Sorry this is so last minute. I just looked through all the past questions for G543 (Options in applied Psychology).

Upbringing - 4x
Biology - 2x

Creating a profile - 3x

Persuading a Jury - 4x
Reaching a Verdict - 3x

Now judging from those stats I'd say that Biology and Interviewing suspects are very likely to come up this year! So revise those the most!

Ones that are least likely to come up are interviewing witnesses (they've practically done it every year) and Cognitions/Persuading a Jury.

Hey thanks for the predictions, do you by any chance have any predictions for the 'health' side of psychology too?
Reply 9
Original post by Yukii10
Hey thanks for the predictions, do you by any chance have any predictions for the 'health' side of psychology too?

No I don't sadly. I'm doing sport psychology. Good luck for tomorrow! let me know how you got on :smile:
How did everyone find G543? has anyone got predictions for G544? :/ there's so much to cover and I have sociology the day after too so revising all of it will be a struggle. Any tips for revising approaches as well? ^_^;
Original post by jonida04

Upbringing - 4x
Biology - 2x

Creating a profile - 3x

Persuading a Jury - 4x
Reaching a Verdict - 3x

Thank you for this!! It was so so helpful! are you doing G544 as well?
I'm doing g544 as well. I majorly struggled with timing on g543 and didn't really finish it properly😔 I have no idea how I'm going to learn everything for Wednesday as I have biology a2 on Monday🙈 Good luck everyone! Anyone got any tips??xx
I had to bullet point during G543 cause it was so tight on time :/ I have sociology on thursday so juggling is trickey too u.u
Does anyone know any A2 studies for the Developmental Approach, Social Approach and the Psychodynamic perspective?? I'm struggling cause I didnt do ocr for As so all the core studies are new... I would mega appreciate it if someone could tell me 2 A2 studies for each approach pleaseeee
Original post by wanderingpanda
I had to bullet point during G543 cause it was so tight on time :/ I have sociology on thursday so juggling is trickey too u.u
Does anyone know any A2 studies for the Developmental Approach, Social Approach and the Psychodynamic perspective?? I'm struggling cause I didnt do ocr for As so all the core studies are new... I would mega appreciate it if someone could tell me 2 A2 studies for each approach pleaseeee

Hi there!
There aren't any A2 studies (that I am aware of) that follow the developmental or psychodynamic approach. I'd recommend learning Freud as it fits both the developmental and psychodynamic approach. I have a summarised revision card of the study that I could DM you if you'd like? As for social, Waxler-Morrison and Johnasson from the Health and Clinical side fit that approach.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by amanda11almeida
Hi there!
There aren't any A2 studies (that I am aware of) that follow the developmental or psychodynamic approach. I'd recommend learning Freud as it fits both the developmental and psychodynamic approach. I have a summarised revision card of the study that I could DM you if you'd like? As for social, Waxler-Morrison and Johnasson from the Health and Clinical side fit that approach.

Good luck! :smile:

:biggrin: that would be amazing!! please DM me when you're free, thank you! and for the social approach: that's great Johanssons's study literally will never leave my memory lol
Reply 16
Hey guys does anyone happen to have predictions for the g544 exam section b tomorrow?
Original post by Yukii10
Hey guys does anyone happen to have predictions for the g544 exam section b tomorrow?

Hey!
Psychodynamic, Developmental, Individual Differences have only come up once before so perhaps one of them? Behaviourist Approach has never come up before so that's quite probable too! All just guesses though so don't take my word for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending