The Student Room Group

Aqa biol 2 oldspec retake 06/06/2017

How was it? They repeated questions...

Scroll to see replies

The only weird question was the one about the seeds

I said pick seeds at random and use large sample size. Measure length of seeds and calculate standard deviations to see if differences are significant.

I also said something which probably is not needed and said how because seeds are eaten there would be less variation in length so less intraspecific variation.
Im so surprised how they just repeated questions again. Do you reckon they realise barely anyone is doing these resits thats why they have just reused questions?

I have a feeling the A2 units will be harder though
Original post by idreece123
Im so surprised how they just repeated questions again. Do you reckon they realise barely anyone is doing these resits thats why they have just reused questions?

I have a feeling the A2 units will be harder though

Yeah A2 will be harder. It makes sense for them to make it an easy paper because it's last spec.
Original post by Kira Yagami
Yeah A2 will be harder. It makes sense for them to make it an easy paper because it's last spec.

The grade boundaries are going to be ridiculously high though :/
The grade boundaries are going to be ridiculously high though :/

The highest it's ever been is 63 for an A so just say it's 70 this year lol

Remember, not everyone will have done all the papers and even if they had it doesn't mean they will answer the questions completely correctly. But I'm assuming most people will.

70/85 is over 80% so the grade boundary should be around this tbh.

what did you put for the seed question (I talked about my answer above).
The highest it's ever been is 63 for an A so just say it's 70 this year lol

Remember, not everyone will have done all the papers and even if they had it doesn't mean they will answer the questions completely correctly. But I'm assuming most people will.

70/85 is over 80% so the grade boundary should be around this tbh.

what did you put for the seed question (I talked about my answer above).

Yeah thats true. I put use a large sample size, randomly sample etc and calculate means, use standard deviation to see if results are significant/due to chance. So pretty much what you put.

Are you doing biol4 and biol5 aswell?
Yeah thats true. I put use a large sample size, randomly sample etc and calculate means, use standard deviation to see if results are significant/due to chance. So pretty much what you put.

Are you doing biol4 and biol5 aswell?

I got 86 in Biol 4 which is ok. I'm only doing BIOL5 now.

What about you?
I got 86 in Biol 4 which is ok. I'm only doing BIOL5 now.

What about you?

Im doing both. Im hoping to get high in Biol4 cos i really cba with biol5 and the 25 mark essay. What do you reckon it would be on?
Im doing both. Im hoping to get high in Biol4 cos i really cba with biol5 and the 25 mark essay. What do you reckon it would be on?

Importance of Proteins

Importance of Receptors

Importance of ATP

Importance of Enzymes

One of these.
Importance of Proteins

Importance of Receptors

Importance of ATP

Importance of Enzymes

One of these.

How come you think one of these?
How come you think one of these?

Has never come up before and they are extremely important aspects in biology. I'v looked at old spec papers and most of the essays in old spec are not very broad.

I predicted last years Ions 25 marker correctly.

Imagine if the A2 papers are recycled past paper questions too!
Original post by november321

That would be nice, but for some reason I can't see that happening for BIOL5 in particular.
Has never come up before and they are extremely important aspects in biology. I'v looked at old spec papers and most of the essays in old spec are not very broad.

I predicted last years Ions 25 marker correctly.

Ah I see. Mr Pollock makes predictions every year aswell, but this year Im not sure if he will.
Original post by november321

As much as we would hope they do, I highly doubt they'd repeat questions for all 4 units. Also, more people are resitting the A2 units so they will be harder for sure.
All the best with BIOL4 tomorrow!
Thanks for the predictions I'm using the predictions that Mr Pollock said would come up but didn't in 2015 and 2016.
Original post by NK18444
All the best with BIOL4 tomorrow!
Thanks for the predictions I'm using the predictions that Mr Pollock said would come up but didn't in 2015 and 2016.

Which predictions? For biol5??

And good luck!
Which predictions? For biol5??

And good luck!

Thanks
The predictions for the essay at the end! He's on YouTube and usually always gets one out of the two correct.
Also can someone tell me what they got for the BIOL4 hardy weinburg question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending