The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
have you ever tried Mindfulness?

@FireFreezer77

I would recommend this too. I have a book on it. I'm in the really early stages but I believe in the whole concept of it and agree with it etc.
Original post by Fermion.
Aww haha thank you, youre too kind.

So people keep telling me... :tongue:
:hugs:
Original post by FireFreezer77
I've had two ****ing matches in a year!
Everyone else gets that in an hour!

I'd meet them but no one will give me a chance. It's pointless in trying anymore.
Two in a year really? Maybe try okcupid bud? Or chase women are who deemed less attractive in real life. Give them a chance.

Don't forget your self worth though.

Give up then.

There is nothing wrong with being single. Dont be so emotionally dependant on women and relationships.

Being single is fun :smile:
Agreed. Friends are solid too.

It happened to me. I found it when I was least expecting it, even though that love is gone now.

You just need to be really patient. Dont give up. Im getting teary eyed as I type this haha.
Sorry that last bit I had to laugh.

You won't have any issues finding someone. Be grand.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Two in a year really? Maybe try okcupid bud? Or chase women are who deemed less attractive in real life. Give them a chance.

Lol. Yeah I guess we will see.
Lol. Yeah I guess we will see.
Haha oh Fermion

Yup two in a year, that's how bad it is.

Tried that too, that's been worse. 0% success rate on there.
I'll give anyone a chance, I jus need someone to give me a chance to talk to them.

I'll try.

I have no friends so being single has no benefits atm.
have you ever tried Mindfulness?

Original post by SassKing13
@FireFreezer77

I would recommend this too. I have a book on it. I'm in the really early stages but I believe in the whole concept of it and agree with it etc.

I've never heard of it before tbh.
What is it exactly?
Reply 4287

I'll give anyone a chance, I jus need someone to give me a chance to talk to them.

I'll try.

What do you mean 0% success rate on okcupid?

Are you getting any replies/profile views or do you mean 0 dates?
I've never heard of it before tbh.
What is it exactly?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/mindfulness.aspx
@FireFreezer77

What is it?
It happened to me. I found it when I was least expecting it, even though that love is gone now.

You just need to be really patient. Dont give up. Im getting teary eyed as I type this haha.

Sorry to hear it's gone now :frown:
I juts can't see it happening, I have no interaction with anyone outside of work (I'm looking at joining clubs though)
Aww do t get all tears eyed :console:

I know EVERYONE says that. Probably so much that it become a cliche :tongue: but you have to have hope, because you really have no idea. You might totally give up and think you'll never meet anyone and then...you will meet someone :tongue: :smile: Indeed when you least expect it.

It's said way way too often!
I honestly don't believe in this *itll happen when you least expect it* never have done, never will.
I can't see anything happening for me unless I make it happen. I just need some co-operation from the other party. That's what I'm struggling with currently.

I'll try.

Yeh tinder isn't the best for relationship tbh. Okcupid is better or meeting people in hobbies etc.

Well perhaps its time to make friends. go to social events etc. Also perhaps get advice off a friend on how to improve your OKC profile. You have to make it look good. See it like a CV for a job.

Original post by UWS

How are yeh getting on yourself bud?
Original post by UWS

No profile views, no replies, no nothing
Reply 4294

On okcupid?

So it probably means you need to work on your profile. Also the messages you send girls can't be generic.
Yeh tinder isn't the best for relationship tbh. Okcupid is better or meeting people in hobbies etc.

Well perhaps its time to make friends. go to social events etc. Also perhaps get advice off a friend on how to improve your OKC profile. You have to make it look good. See it like a CV for a job.

I know, it's a start though. Just hurts when people can get loads of matches a day and I can barely get 2 a year.
Not from my experience.
You think I'm not trying!? It's easier said than done!
It would help if I had any friends to get advice from tbh
Your profile is broken then. You should definitely be getting views even if people don't message. Send okc a message to fix it. #thereishope

Original post by UWS
On okcupid?

So it probably means you need to work on your profile. Also the messages you send girls can't be generic.
On dating sites in general? Met any nice girls etc?
Original post by UWS
On okcupid?

I've put a lot of effort into it. Seen what others have done and taken inspiration from that. Looked at advice from online too. I don't know what else I can do.
I've never sent a generic message on any dating site in my life. I always mention an interest they state in their profile and ask a question about it.
Cheers for the help.

What is it?
You and firefreezer should go on a date. Two problems shared and solved.

I know, it's a start though. Just hurts when people can get loads of matches a day and I can barely get 2 a year.
Not from my experience.
You think I'm not trying!? It's easier said than done!
It would help if I had any friends to get advice from tbh
Okay I am not the man to help yeh with this but I can try.

Pm me your details and Il try help yeh out.
Keep doing so :smile: I know how you feel...everyone says it but it's hard to believe it yourself sometimes...but you will. :smile:
I find it hard to believe sometimes too but I think the moment you mentally 'give up' and convince yourself that it'll never happen...well I just don't think that's something you want to do!
Someone would be foolish not to date you. :tongue:

I'm feeling ecstatic after seeing your avatar paying homage to The Church. Very under-rated band. Reptile is a gem of a song. :u:

Latest