The Student Room Group

I think I've failed AS Chem

I am currently taking Bio,RS,Eng Lit,Chem with the new OCR spec and honestly i know i screwed up the first paper (chem breadth) so bad, and my second exam is on Friday 9th (chem depth) I really dont know what to do as I want to continue Chem with Bio but ive ruined my chem grade ! a minimum D grade is required to continue next year but im so unsure about chem after my exam and i feel like ive lost any confidence I had . I dont what to do, is there anyway I can fix this mess ?!?!?!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by painting-dreams1
I am currently taking Bio,RS,Eng Lit,Chem with the new OCR spec and honestly i know i screwed up the first paper (chem breadth) so bad, and my second exam is on Friday 9th (chem depth) I really dont know what to do as I want to continue Chem with Bio but ive ruined my chem grade ! a minimum D grade is required to continue next year but im so unsure about chem after my exam and i feel like ive lost any confidence I had . I dont what to do, is there anyway I can fix this mess ?!?!?!

Focus on your next exam. If you do well then that could be the difference to getting you the grade you need. Its common to be a poor predictor of how you have done. Deal with it later. For now chill out then get as much study in as you can.
Reply 2
Original post by painting-dreams1

I had an E and U grade in AS chem in the year 2012. Overall was a low E. I retook all my exams (AS and A levels) in the summer of 2013 and got an overall grade of A with 90% in the organic chem papers.

First of all, if worse comes to worse then you will need to identify where you went wrong. Chemistry is a techniques orientated subject just like maths. You cannot revise chemistry by reading things. You have to practice drawing and calculating.

If your school prevents you from taking chem then try and persuade them that you are not a lost cause. If they still refuse then take chemistry as a private candidate.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest