The Student Room Group

Feeling empty all the time

I just want advice not sympathy.

I joined uni a year ago and I thought uni would have been the best years of my life. The first year was great then I moved into the house with my best friends from the 1st year. Now they all hate me for reaspons unbnown to me bascially forced me out of the house for the forcoming year (year 3). The university course seems worthless. I got a placement with my police force (I want to be a police officer and on a policing course) But the placement seems worthless. Everything good which ahppens just ends in bad things. Friends, uni, placement, life.

I try to keep to myself as I don't think I can take much more then I lose more friends. To the point I only have 3 real friends yet I harly ever see them.

My friends in my house used me and when I stopped being all nice and letting them wlak over me they abandoned me and said it was my fault. I can't make any friends as I don't want anything more to happen like this.

it all just seems pointless.

is there any advice on how to not feel so empty all the time? I just can't get over my head about my house mates and everything I just keep going back in time to the good times then remember how it has all abruptly ended.

Any advice would be appricated.
Original post by Dejomony

I joined uni a year ago and I thought uni would have been the best years of my life. The first year was great then I moved into the house with my best friends from the 1st year. Now they all hate me for reaspons unbnown to me bascially forced me out of the house for the forcoming year (year 3). The university course seems worthless. I got a placement with my police force (I want to be a police officer and on a policing course) But the placement seems worthless. Everything good which ahppens just ends in bad things. Friends, uni, placement, life.

I try to keep to myself as I don't think I can take much more then I lose more friends. To the point I only have 3 real friends yet I harly ever see them.

My friends in my house used me and when I stopped being all nice and letting them wlak over me they abandoned me and said it was my fault. I can't make any friends as I don't want anything more to happen like this.

is there any advice on how to not feel so empty all the time? I just can't get over my head about my house mates and everything I just keep going back in time to the good times then remember how it has all abruptly ended.

Maybe try distracting yourself by picking up a hobby? i.e joining a local sports clubs/gym, cooking, volunteering, travelling/doing travel expeditions like "Contiki"?

OR what helps with me is having a set of ambitions/goals to achieve in short/long term like working in London, getting dream car/home etc. sounds daft but most of the time it keeps me optimistic and less down.
Original post by Dejomony

Your housemates sound very immature. Have you tried asking one of them upfront what their problem is? They're less likely to be rude and ignorant if you ask them individually.

If you want to be a police officer, then the placement definitely isn't worthless! The police play such an important role in keeping our country safe, so well done you for wanting to be a part of that! You'll most likely meet like-minded people on the placement too.

I'm sorry that you've been feeling empty recently... is this a deep on-going thing or did it start when your friends started behaving differently? It sounds like your friends have brought you down an awful lot but just remember- if someone is trying to bring you down, that means you were already above them in the first place :smile:.
Original post by squirrology
Maybe try distracting yourself by picking up a hobby? i.e joining a local sports clubs/gym, cooking, volunteering, travelling/doing travel expeditions like "Contiki"?

OR what helps with me is having a set of ambitions/goals to achieve in short/long term like working in London, getting dream car/home etc. sounds daft but most of the time it keeps me optimistic and less down.

ive been feeling empty for as long as i can remember and i know youll just say its a phase but i feel like t really isnt because i used to have a small goal but every since secondary school this feeling of emptyneiss just wont leave. ive tried picking up hobbies i draw watch anime do sports,so much but i still cant help but feel depressed and empty even while doing it

Quick Reply

Latest