The Student Room Group

[Unofficial Markscheme] OCR MEI AS LEVEL MATHS (C1, C2, S1)

Hey guys, theres quite a few threads for all the exams and it takes a while to post my answers on each and everyone so Ive decided to make a thread. I'm going to be uploading all the answers I recieved for C1 C2 and S1 here and Ill probably make a thread for AQA BIO/CHEM AS but that isnt certain, if I do Ill be posting the link to that here.
C1:

Spoiler

C2:

Spoiler

S1:

Spoiler

~L

edit: better s1 mark scheme here just didn't see it before x.x: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kfpLx2sO0/edit
pictures of c2 paper at: https://twitter.com/freddyfincham/status/872398315039666176
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Updated and added S1 unofficial mark scheme x.x
(edited 6 years ago)
How did People find C1?

It wasn't too bad IMO but I think, looking at past papers and past grade boundaries that an A should be around 57/58 for an A.

What do you guys think?

The Rhombus question was weird, (C1 never has suprises lol), the 4 mark proof was fine, but I'm they always split proofs into parts to make it easier, the biomonial expansion was fine , but again it was different to previous years. They really changed up the style of questions this year (a bit.)
Reply 3
Original post by Kira Yagami
How did People find C1?

It wasn't too bad IMO but I think, looking at past papers and past grade boundaries that an A should be around 57/58 for an A.

What do you guys think?

The Rhombus question was weird, (C1 never has suprises lol), the 4 mark proof was fine, but I'm they always split proofs into parts to make it easier, the biomonial expansion was fine , but again it was different to previous years. They really changed up the style of questions this year (a bit.)

idk recently they've been gradually increasing and 2015 and 2016 were both 63 for an A and this paper was harder compared to those so I think it'll be like 59 or 60
Original post by LokiiR
idk recently they've been gradually increasing and 2015 and 2016 were both 63 for an A and this paper was harder compared to those so I think it'll be like 59 or 60

Yeah, they have been increasing but the papers are getting easier. The last years paper was EXTREMELY EASY.

If you like at June 11 which was 55 for an A, I think the grade boundaries should be similar because that was a decent paper. But I doubt they'd be that low (but even people on TSR found the C1 a bit weird, when it's always just VERY easy, so I dunno).
these were my answers for c2:

1) 55
2) -0.48
3) 48
4) 4x^3/2 + c
5) i) 3.01
ii) draw nearer to A
6)-1/24x + 193/12
7) i) Enlargement SF 2
ii)Translation vector (3 0)
8)3a-7x(not sure on this one)
9) x= 0.52,2.62,3.48,5.94
10) i) divide by r, times by 2 to get 800/r, and substitute
ii) minimum stationary point
r=3.99
SA= 301
iii) distance AE=40.9
iv) prove pond is inside. perpendicular distance=10.56 and radius was 10 therefore inside
v) pond area= 101
meadow area=115
vi) car park/total trapezeium= 0.947.., therefore greater than 90%
11) i) prove benetta has lower in year 10 than arif, but higher in year 11
arif = 30000 +(n-1)1000
benetta= 25000x1.05^n-1
ii) sum of 17 years
iii) 646000 and 646009.16, therefore to the nearest 100 same
iv) a(1.05^n-1)/0.05 > M
rearrange for 1.05^n, then take logs and simplify
v) n=25.082 but sum of 25 years is 1.19million, therefore first year to be >1.2million is year 26
therefore n=26
Reply 6
Added unofficial markscheme for c2 if i've made any mistakes please correct them and let me know
Reply 7
Would you happen to know how many marks each question in C2 was worth?
Reply 8
Original post by Wizard80
Would you happen to know how many marks each question in C2 was worth?

i have like estimates but im not sure of most of them, if you know any let me know and I'll add them to the op
Reply 10

thanks I've edited it to add the marks
Original post by LokiiR
Hey guys, theres quite a few threads for all the exams and it takes a while to post my answers on each and everyone so Ive decided to make a thread. I'm going to be uploading all the answers I recieved for C1 C2 and S1 here and Ill probably make a thread for AQA BIO/CHEM AS but that isnt certain, if I do Ill be posting the link to that here.
C1:

Spoiler

C2:

Spoiler

S1:

Spoiler

~L

edit: better s1 mark scheme here just didn't see it before x.x: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...kfpLx2sO0/edit
pictures of c2 paper at: https://twitter.com/freddyfincham/status/872398315039666176

Heads up on question 4 on the c2 mark scheme, I think you need to have 24y not 24x as you're multiplying up by 24?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by mdmamazing----
Heads up on question 4 on the c2 mark scheme, I think you need to have 24y not 24x as you're multiplying up by 24?

edited and fixed thanks for pointing it out
Original post by LokiiR
i have like estimates but im not sure of most of them, if you know any let me know and I'll add them to the op

1i) sequences sum question [2]
ii)Finding common difference of AP [2]

2i) Definite integration [3]
ii) Indefinite integration [2]

3i) Calculate gradient of chord [2]
ii) Suggest a more accurate point to gain a closer estimate of gradient of curve [1]

4) Find equation of normal [5]

5i) Describe transformation [2]
ii) Describe transformation [2]

6) Find equation from gradient [5]

7i) Sketch curve [2]
ii) Log question - find expression for w [3]

8) Trig solving question [5]

9i) Show that surface area equal... [2]
ii) Differentiate and again [4]
iii) Find value of r that gives min A, find A [4]

10i) calculate length AE [2]
ii) Find perp distance, prove pond lies in triangle ADE [3]