The Student Room Group

7th June AQA A level Psychology paper 1

Spoiler

and does anyone have any predictions of what's going to come up?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

I really thought at least one of the memory models was going to be on there...how wrong i was.
How did you find it?
1 Was the data type question quantitative or qualitative?
2 For the 8 makers, how many A03 points did you need?
Reply 4
It's 3 evaluation points for 8 markers unless there's a stem
Reply 5
The first question was so ambiguous! People in my class put nominal/quantitative and primary data so no one really had any idea :/ really happy nothing on the biological approach for OCD came up other than the multiple choice though ...
Reply 6
I put primary data for question 1, it wasn't very specific and loads of people put nominal as well :\
Original post by Bristow98
It's 3 evaluation points for 8 markers unless there's a stem
I'm ****ed. For one of the 8 markers I gave fully detailed A01 but only 1 A03 point (due to time). The other 8 marker I did the same but 2 A03 points. The exam went pretty well overall tho. I expect a high B/low A
Reply 8
What did anyone put for how to deal with independent measure? I put they could use matched pairs? But others put random allocation? Any ideas
I put quantitative and nominal just to be safe haha and i put matched pairs where they can match ppts on a variable e.g. how much social approval matters to them to reduce participant variables :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 77GEO
What did anyone put for how to deal with independent measure? I put they could use matched pairs? But others put random allocation? Any ideas

Everyone in my class put matched pairs
For the 8 markers I wrote two evaluation points because it look me a while to elaborate on them.. will that be okay?
Original post by Millie.hs
For the 8 markers I wrote two evaluation points because it look me a while to elaborate on them.. will that be okay?

My teachers told me that 2 fully explained evaluation points would be fine for an 8 marker :smile:
Original post by Carlyanna_1
My teachers told me that 2 fully explained evaluation points would be fine for an 8 marker :smile:

thanks! that's a relief 😅
For question 1 I put categorical data, hopefully that's right as it's the same way of saying nominal. When do you think the unofficial mark scheme will be released?
Question 1 was based on research methods like the others within social influence and so was more about whether the data was quantitative an quantitative. The tricky stem meant you had to read carefully because questionnaires are qualitative data but the thing the research was measuring was the amount of questionnaires answered.
Original post by 77GEO

I put Repeated measures with counterbalancing. It's right, I checked the book. A strength of repeated measures is it reduces participant variables as the same ppl take part it all conditions. Matched pairs is correct too
What did everyone write for the 16 marker at the end? Didn't seem as though there was enough content to write 16 marks on deviation from ideal mental health and inability to function?
Original post by Shawn Adams
I put Repeated measures with counterbalancing. It's right, I checked the book. A strength of repeated measures is it reduces participant variables as the same ppl take part it all conditions. Matched pairs is correct too

oooo thank you very much I was panicking so much about putting matched pairs!
It's right but the question specifically asked for independent groups design so the answer is random allocation.

Feel free to correct me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending