The Student Room Group

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Voltix
Was the question 'calculate the mean percentage of words people remembered' was in the wrong place?

Can we make an unofficial markscheme ? Also what answers did everyone put for the percentage of the mean question? How did you work it out
Guys the only context i used in the 25 msrker was like "dreaming behaviours" and my questions were in context to dreams but i didnt have a specific aim just ti investigate dreams as a whole is that okay? I used the word dream behaviour throighout?
Original post by Djjdhdjdjsjsjsjs
Can we make an unofficial markscheme ? Also what answers did everyone put for the percentage of the mean question? How did you work it out

Might make one after my exam tomorrow. I messed up that percentage question so badly I might aswell have put nothing tbh :frown:

was something like 17.82 divided by 20 and 12 divided 20 so was something around 89% and 60%
Original post by lewistaylor99
was something like 17.82 divided by 20 and 12 divided 20 so was something around 89% and 60%

That's sounds right teah

Wow okay I got it right by doing the wrong working out this is crazy

Cant remember exactly.

But for condition one it was 80 something%
condition 2 I think I had 60 something%

I did it the long way round. I did x/20+ x/20+ x/20 multiple times then divided it by 6.
And obviously its a percentage so x100
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Wow okay I got it right by doing the wrong working out this is crazy

Yeah it appears i got the right answer as well.

I did the sum of all the fractions so x/20+ x/20..... and so on
Then divide it by 6.
x100.

oh thats the short way of doing it. I did the sum of all the fractions/ 6 then x100.

I had to do that twice.

Was wondering why it was only 2 marks.
Reply 209
Because i was in the test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answer for the question on Casey
Original post by Maxhaslam

Quantatative
i didnt know how to do the 5 marker on standard deviation in section C
Original post by sail999
Quantatative

No the variable one

Was that the one about saying how the dv was measured or something?

I had to guess and just put the inferior gyrus one or something. As the face which appeared wasn't saying it was their response time. High delayer or low delayer wasnt saying how its measured.

Cant remember the last option.

Activity levels of the inferior frontal gyrus :smile:
Original post by polaroidfilms
i didnt know how to do the 5 marker on standard deviation in section C

They had the formula.

But it was something like: find the difference between the mean and the result. Square it. Sum of the squared numbers. Then divide it by the number of terms. Square root it.?

Do that for both.
Original post by Kholmes1
They had the formula.

But it was something like: find the difference between the mean and the result. Square it. Sum of the squared numbers. Then divide it by the number of terms. Square root it.?

Do that for both.

I copied out the formula, explained what each symbol in the formula stood for, contextualised it (e.g. by saying "x̄ stands for the mean of the data set, for example, for the stood up condition, this would be 17.89" (or whatever the hell it was)) then said to do it for each condition, do you think I'll get the marks?
What did you all say the extraneous variable was?

-height
-something else

??? I thoguht either age or eyesight, but age was already controlled so I wasnt sure??
Original post by MapleMaypole
What did you all say the extraneous variable was?

-height
-something else

??? I thoguht either age or eyesight, but age was already controlled so I wasnt sure??

Yeah I had no idea on this one.. Not gonna lie. I put eyesight first. But isn't that a confounding variable as its not reallly something you can control? (Im probably completely wrong) So for some reason I crossed it out and without thinking put whatever D was. Had nothing to do with the experiment. Its probably meant to be the idiot option which is completely wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending