The Student Room Group

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MapleMaypole
What did you all say the extraneous variable was?

-height
-something else

??? I thoguht either age or eyesight, but age was already controlled so I wasnt sure??

It was eyesight as age was the independent variable
Reply 221
Original post by MapleMaypole
What did you all say the extraneous variable was?

-height
-something else

??? I thoguht either age or eyesight, but age was already controlled so I wasnt sure??

I put it as eyesight bc age was the IV
guys what's the first stage of deduction?
also i'm sure the Chaney is open questions..
anyone else love that paper??!:tongue:
Original post by Harriet1234m
anyone else love that paper??!:tongue:

it was quite a blessed paper
Original post by Virolite

No it was closed
it was quite a blessed paper

Sarcasm?
Original post by Ultraluxe
Sarcasm?

not at all, it was GCSE maths and basic multiple choice.
guys what's the first stage of deduction?

Theory
If OCR know that there was an error in the question would they just not count that question? How does that work...
unless we all just get full marks for it which I wouldn't complain about :tongue:

What did everyone say about the negative skew and what it showed about the old people's ?memory? or their results I think

Definitely closed.
guess im so worried i did bad as finished like 40 mins ealry , did i miss a page!? im a quick writer and althought i could have written more for the 15 marker i still wrote about 3 pages and maybe its bec i did the multiple chioce in 10 mins and am confident with maths> idk
Original post by LenniesRabbit
If OCR know that there was an error in the question would they just not count that question? How does that work...
unless we all just get full marks for it which I wouldn't complain about :tongue:

What did everyone say about the negative skew and what it showed about the old people's ?memory? or their results I think

Not entirely sure exactly how they go about it, but they ensure that no one is disadvantaged by the mistake!

I said that it showed that more people had a higher IQ :smile:
That 'your questionnaire' bullet point was a bit vague.
Original post by clairebear101
guess im so worried i did bad as finished like 40 mins ealry , did i miss a page!? im a quick writer and althought i could have written more for the 15 marker i still wrote about 3 pages and maybe its bec i did the multiple chioce in 10 mins and am confident with maths> idk

Yeah thats probably why. I Finished with 30 mins spare so I went back to answer the ones that confused the life out of me. You should be okay :smile:
Original post by Voltix
Was the question 'calculate the mean percentage of words people remembered' was in the wrong place?

I think so but it was definitely wrong. The scenario was referring the the maths test scores of children who were stood up or sat down. There was nothing to do with words so it was definitely wrong
Original post by Kholmes1
They had the formula.

But it was something like: find the difference between the mean and the result. Square it. Sum of the squared numbers. Then divide it by the number of terms. Square root it.?

Do that for both.

i did the actual working out, flipped the paper and saw their results and i got it completely wrong hahaha great
How was there an error ?
Original post by Jude2800
How was there an error ?

There was a bit about a study on people doing maths tests stood up or sat down, but one of the questions asked for mean % words recalled which wasnt even mentioned

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending