The Student Room Group

OCR English Lit help!!! (A level)

Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone out there is doing OCR A Level paper using Maud by Tennyson & Ibsen's A Doll's House for the poetry pre 1900 paper? Nobody out there seems to be studying Maud for this paper and it doesn't help that there is literally no revision material out there/practice questions!!
I'm also doing The Bloody Chamber & Dracula for the other paper!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by am03_
Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone out there is doing OCR A Level paper using Maud by Tennyson & Ibsen's A Doll's House for the poetry pre 1900 paper? Nobody out there seems to be studying Maud for this paper and it doesn't help that there is literally no revision material out there/practice questions!!

Tell me about it - no practice questions drives me nuts. My only hope is that new course = lower grade boundaries, cos the old ones are a little high for my tastes.

I'm not doing Maud, but I am doing Ibsen's A Doll's House, (with The Merchant's Tale and Prologue). I am also doing Dracula, (but with The Picture of Dorian Gray).
Reply 2
I'm doing a dolls house with rossettis poetry and bloody chamber with Dracula and the tempest. Really not prepared for the tempest though
I'm doing Ibsen's A Doll's House with Rossetti Poetry, and then Hamlet and 1984 and the Handmaid's Tale for the other paper :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by FrenchEnglishLit
Tell me about it - no practice questions drives me nuts. My only hope is that new course = lower grade boundaries, cos the old ones are a little high for my tastes.

I'm not doing Maud, but I am doing Ibsen's A Doll's House, (with The Merchant's Tale and Prologue). I am also doing Dracula, (but with The Picture of Dorian Gray).

i hope you're right about the grade boundaries!! just so so frustrating that there is nothing to go off for Maud let's just hope they're not expecting much!
Original post by am03_
i hope you're right about the grade boundaries!! just so so frustrating that there is nothing to go off for Maud let's just hope they're not expecting much!

Well they have to be lower than last year - they were absolutely mental.
Original post by am03_
Hello,

Hi, hope your exams went well!
I am doing Maud as well, but comparing it to John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi, for my exams this summer. Were you able to find any critical quotes/interpretations on the Maud? I am lacking in that area and it is hard to find any.
Woud be appreciated if possible!
Thank you
Original post by hi_itsiona
I'm doing Ibsen's A Doll's House with Rossetti Poetry, and then Hamlet and 1984 and the Handmaid's Tale for the other paper :smile:

Hey! If you have any boys on your hamlet/1984 and Handmaids Tale I’d be really appreciative as it’s the one I’m doing for that paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending