The Student Room Group

Religious Studies students (Edexcel) 2017 Thread!!

Making a thread/place where everyone can advise each other, list ideas and tips and basically just talk about the exam, the worries, question predictions and everything to do with it :smile:

I'm doing Units 1 & 8 (Christianity and Islam), but other units are similar sooo it won't matter if everyone's doing different exams on here. Current and ex-students welcome. Looking forward to hearing others' ideas!

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Unit 1 and 11 and my advice is for the D question - you must mention a religion to get over half marks, but if you don't know any points about the religion, make it up. Even if it's incorrect, you've mentioned a religion and you can get 4-6 marks!
I'm doing units 2 and 8
Did anyone find this exam really challenging???
Yes I did!! When they were asking about religious upbringing I had no idea what quotes to use?!
Reply 5
I am doing unit 2 and 4
Yes I did!! When they were asking about religious upbringing I had no idea what quotes to use?!
Original post by Lucy2001xo

I don't think that one really needed quotes, just knowledge of traditions. I guess maybe you could have used "honour your father and your mother" from the Ten Commandments
unit 11 is so hard.
Reply 9
IKR! what do you think might come up? what grades do u usually get for unit 11?

Original post by mez_merising
unit 11 is so hard.
Is anyone doing the Developments paper. Can someone please tell me is Natural Law guaranteed to come up, or will it be Virtue Ethics and Deontology instead?
Reply 11
Original post by lifeimitates
Is anyone doing the Developments paper. Can someone please tell me is Natural Law guaranteed to come up, or will it be Virtue Ethics and Deontology instead?

It is likely but not guaranteed to come up, as sometimes they only put two of the three (virtue ethics/deontology/NML) in the paper, so there is a chance that NML will not come up.

You could get away with learning just two but definitely not natural moral law by itself. It's likely that'll it'll come up as there has not been a year it has not, but there have been years Virtue ethics/ deontology haven't come up so I wouldn't bet on not revising for more than one.

Best of luck!!
Does anyone know whether the ontological argument will come up on its own or whether I have to learn religious experience and non-belief too?
Does anyone have an idea of what the religious language question will entail for UNIT 3 DEVELOPMENTS tomorrow?xxxx
Original post by elizabethl
Does anyone know whether the ontological argument will come up on its own or whether I have to learn religious experience and non-belief too?

The ontological argument will come up on its own! :smile:
Original post by inama97
It is likely but not guaranteed to come up, as sometimes they only put two of the three (virtue ethics/deontology/NML) in the paper, so there is a chance that NML will not come up.

You could get away with learning just two but definitely not natural moral law by itself. It's likely that'll it'll come up as there has not been a year it has not, but there have been years Virtue ethics/ deontology haven't come up so I wouldn't bet on not revising for more than one.

Best of luck!!

what about critiques?
How did everyone find it??????? I did the Ontological argument, John's gospel (prologue), and Life after death!
Who answered the Religous Language question !
Original post by Nellznewton
Who answered the Religous Language question !

Me! How did you find it?
Original post by LucyBrunsden
Me! How did you find it?

What 3 questions did you answer on??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending