The Student Room Group

How did Cheick Tiote die?

Many news sources have cited his cause of death as a heart attack.
But isn't a heart attack very unlikely in young people let alone athletes?
Wouldn't it be more feasible that he died of a sudden cardiac arrest rather than a heart attack?
Reply 2
Holy ****.

Good player.

R.I.P
Reply 3

Yes. That's why I'm asking if Tiote died from a cardiac arrest (problem with heart's electrical activity) rather than a heart attack (blocked vessel causing damage to the heart)?
Because it's unlikely for an athlete to have vessels blocked to the point where they cause a heart attack, although the newyorker article opens with the story of a marathon-runner suffering a heart attack and then having a stent implanted so maybe he did have a heart attack?
His girlfriend was expecting a baby soon as well. Awful news. He had a great peak at Newcastle under Pardew but seemed to want a bigger move that didn't come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mabye he was fasting, seeing as he is a practicing muslim. This coupled with the hot temperatures may have caused him to collapse.
In any case its terribly sad, he was a terrific holding midfielder in his prime!
Reply 6
Original post by thatapanydude
Mabye he was fasting, seeing as he is a practicing muslim. This coupled with the hot temperatures may have caused him to collapse.
In any case its terribly sad, he was a terrific holding midfielder in his prime!

I could see how fasting in the heat while exercising could lead to him collapsing but would that kill him?
Also, many news sources have cited his cause of death as a heart attack, which I'm assuming is an error as the phrases "heart attack" and "cardiac arrest" are often used interchangeably.

Quick Reply

Latest