The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Need some help in choosing accomodation

Which College do you think is the best?
This is a very broad question that has been asked many times before. I would suggest that you look at the other threads on this board, and look at the University and college websites to see which one is best for you.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rugiyyamiusha
Which College do you think is the best?

I'm in Cartmel so it's going to be a slightly bias but I love it!

Its in the Alexandra Park part of campus. The accommodation is nice, all en-suite so don't have to worry about sharing a bathroom. You're in flats of 8 so lots of people to mix with and make friends. The college often puts on events for you to attend ranging from nights out to themed nights in the common room. They've got a huge common room with sofas, pool tables, games consoles and a Starbucks built in. The great thing about Cartmel is that its for everyone, in that you don't have to be party mad to get along with people but at the same time if you want to do that there's plenty of people/flatmates you'll meet to go with you!

There is a real sense of community all around Lancaster University so no matter what college you end up in, you'll easily be able to make friends!
Original post by Jack2213
I'm in Cartmel so it's going to be a slightly bias but I love it!

Its in the Alexandra Park part of campus. The accommodation is nice, all en-suite so don't have to worry about sharing a bathroom. You're in flats of 8 so lots of people to mix with and make friends. The college often puts on events for you to attend ranging from nights out to themed nights in the common room. They've got a huge common room with sofas, pool tables, games consoles and a Starbucks built in. The great thing about Cartmel is that its for everyone, in that you don't have to be party mad to get along with people but at the same time if you want to do that there's plenty of people/flatmates you'll meet to go with you!

There is a real sense of community all around Lancaster University so no matter what college you end up in, you'll easily be able to make friends!

Thanks. I have also being considering Cartmel.
Reply 4
Original post by Joe1000000
This is a very broad question that has been asked many times before. I would suggest that you look at the other threads on this board, and look at the University and college websites to see which one is best for you.

Hi

You've probably chosen your accommodation by now, but if you haven't, what subject are you taking? Some courses have lots of there contacts hours in the most north of campus and i wouldn't recommend Cartmel if your course is one of them.

Which did you end up choosing?
Reply 5
I was just wondering what would be the best college to apply for if I am going to be studying Fine Art, if anyone could give me some more insight that would be great.
Reply 6
Original post by Oliviaalp
I was just wondering what would be the best college to apply for if I am going to be studying Fine Art, if anyone could give me some more insight that would be great.

Hi,

This year in general fine art classes, were held in LICA, county main, frankland and bowland. So in the north of campus. For term 1 this year, fine art students had three 9 am classes, so I would stick to county, bowland or even fylde colleges, for convenience. My classes are based in north campus, and i found county to be really convenient and close by.
Reply 7
Original post by happyy
Hi,

This year in general fine art classes, were held in LICA, county main, frankland and bowland. So in the north of campus. For term 1 this year, fine art students had three 9 am classes, so I would stick to county, bowland or even fylde colleges, for convenience. My classes are based in north campus, and i found county to be really convenient and close by.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help, really helped me to decide 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending