hey, r u a hindu?
Original post by unillama
im an indian, but dont believe in god

wow.
Original post by unillama
im an indian, but dont believe in god

lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;qeguiNi3Uac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeguiNi3Uac[/video]
Primary school RE lesson about Holi :lol:

Hope you guys had fun :smile:

@nucdev @ravioliyears
I'm a Hindu and I don't drink alcohol or eat meat. However, I don't properly pray to God everyday like I used to when I was younger. I believe in God but I also believe that one should not have to be praying all day to be good person and go to heaven. Like 'Helping hand are better than praying lips'

My question basically is: Can you still consider yourself to be religious if you don't pray a lot or do all the things majority of religious people do?
Original post by Demi.star
I'm a Hindu and I don't drink alcohol or eat meat. However, I don't properly pray to God everyday like I used to when I was younger. I believe in God but I also believe that one should not have to be praying all day to be good person and go to heaven. Like 'Helping hand are better than praying lips'

My question basically is: Can you still consider yourself to be religious if you don't pray a lot or do all the things majority of religious people do?

Yeah, I don't think you need to pray to be classed as religious. If you identify as religious, then that's fine!

In my opinion, I'd agree with you that actions are more important than prayers. I also think there's no point in praying because you feel like you have to or because you're trying to 'abide by hinduism.' Prayer should be for your own self-enlightenment and not a duty if you get what I mean. But this is just my opinion on it.

Yes. The Bhagvad Geeta gives different methods to become spiritual and achieve moksh and not all of them are about worshipping God. Karm Yog is mentioned in the Geeta as a possible option. It is about working Without any selfish motive so just being a good person. In other Hindu scriptures it talks about serving God by serving the poor.

Worshipping God is just one of the ways a Hindu can use to become enlightened but there are many other paths available and some are agnostic and atheist even.

It is totally up to you which path you prefer.
Original post by kaushikp
Yes. The Bhagvad Geeta gives different methods to become spiritual and achieve moksh and not all of them are about worshipping God. Karm Yog is mentioned in the Geeta as a possible option. It is about working Without any selfish motive so just being a good person. In other Hindu scriptures it talks about serving God by serving the poor.

Worshipping God is just one of the ways a Hindu can use to become enlightened but there are many other paths available and some are agnostic and atheist even.

Thank you

It is totally up to you which path you prefer.

Original post by Asklepios
Yeah, I don't think you need to pray to be classed as religious. If you identify as religious, then that's fine!

In my opinion, I'd agree with you that actions are more important than prayers. I also think there's no point in praying because you feel like you have to or because you're trying to 'abide by hinduism.' Prayer should be for your own self-enlightenment and not a duty if you get what I mean. But this is just my opinion on it.

Thanks to you both, I feel much better about myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks to you both, I feel much better about myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DW we're not going to stone you or threaten you with hellfire :colone:
Original post by sachinisgod
DW we're not going to stone you or threaten you with hellfire :colone:

Haha😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hinduism is a pluralistic faith, summary points:

1) Selfless service without expectations
2) Gender equality e.g. powerful female and female aspects of god -Kali ma
3) Spiritual equality -- all equal v 5:18 http://gupshup.org/gs/religion-and-philosophy/88527-vedas-hindu-scriptures-prohibit-casteism.html
4) Care for environment

In Hinduism, dharma signifies behaviours that are considered to be in accord with rta, the order that makes life and universe possible, and includes duties, rights, laws, conduct, virtues and ‘‘right way of living’’. Our religion is mostly about helping others and doing good acts. So you are right. You don't have to worry.
Religious doesn't mean praying always, religious means you follow the rules of our religion and maintain the tradition.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by dogra

Bro are u a Jammu dogra or a Kangri dogra ?
e7e316ec4b5de302a43eec662114df40.jpg
for all those people across the world who have been affected by terror attacks:

'Oṃ saha nav avatu
saha nau bhunaktu
saha viryaṃ karavavahai
tejasvi nav adhitam astu
ma vidvishavahai
Om shanti shanti shantih'

'Om! May we all be protected
May we all be nourished
Me we all work together energetically
May our intellect be sharpened