The Student Room Group

Edexcel physics Unit 2 IAL 2017 may/June unofficial mark scheme

How was the exam guys? I found it quite easy.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luj99
How was the exam guys? I found it quite easy.

pretty easy ..... but that last question last part was **** .. i dunno what to do there.....
secondly what was the mas power in internal resistance
Reply 2
What I did for the last question was, I used my protractor to calculate the angle. the scale was (20 degrees in paper=40 degrees and then I converted using the value I calculated for the angle.After that I used the formula (μ1v1=μ2v2) to get the refractive index.the value I got was 1.12 I think
Reply 3
Not sure if it will be correct though
Reply 4
what about the left and the right ear??
Reply 5
Original post by quraisht
what about the left and the right ear??

I wasn't sure about that question , I just wrote destructive superposition occurred in right ear , what did you do for the last question
Original post by Luj99
What I did for the last question was, I used my protractor to calculate the angle. the scale was (20 degrees in paper=40 degrees and then I converted using the value I calculated for the angle.After that I used the formula (μ1v1=μ2v2) to get the refractive index.the value I got was 1.12 I think

they literally said it is not to scale
Reply 7
Original post by Luj99
I wasn't sure about that question , I just wrote destructive superposition occurred in right ear , what did you do for the last question
Whoa what? i talked about diffraction, wavelength, frequency and intensity. Why destructive superposition?
Reply 8
Original post by FutureStripper
they literally said it is not to scale

What did you do for the question
Mayn That Polarizing Filter We Had To Choose It was A Not B :frown: And Yeah Last Question Was Bad For Everyone I Think So!
Btw Was The Answer For SI Unit Ampere? and that charge was it 5.00 Coulomb? was the maximum displacement magnitude one amplitude? .
was the answer 3V for last question in MCQ's ?
i supposed 64 was the wavelength. And phase difference was somehow pie/2.it is wrong i think so....
In that intensity question i wrote about direct proportional to amplitude square and doppler effect. I hope its correct?
was the internal resistance 4.2? and emf 5.8? what was the power?
In the mean charge carriers were the electrons moving > or < ?.. i wrote > ...
I hope the grade boundaries are like 55 A something i hope so cause i will be losing atleast 25 marks maximum
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Does anyone know how to do the last question ?
Original post by Luj99

WTF no you dont its all about diffraction i saw some people even write about doppler its clearly not that as the source is not moving.
Its all about diffraction
- Maximum diffration occurs when the gap size is equal to wavelenght
- when frequency increases wavelenght decreases this causes most of the sound to be reflected back while only some to be heard
- than you refer it back to intensity which is equal to power/area
Original post by umang-23
Whoa what? i talked about diffraction, wavelength, frequency and intensity. Why destructive superposition?

you are right dont panic the guy straight up guessed, it is obviously wrong
Original post by LittlePrince
Mayn That Polarizing Filter We Had To Choose It was A Not B :frown: And Yeah Last Question Was Bad For Everyone I Think So!
Btw Was The Answer For SI Unit Ampere? and that charge was it 5.00 Coulomb? was the maximum displacement magnitude one amplitude? .
was the answer 3V for last question in MCQ's ?
i supposed 64 was the wavelength. And phase difference was somehow pie/2.it is wrong i think so....
In that intensity question i wrote about direct proportional to amplitude square and doppler effect. I hope its correct?
was the internal resistance 4.2? and emf 5.8? what was the power?
In the mean charge carriers were the electrons moving > or < ?.. i wrote > ...
I hope the grade boundaries are like 55 A something i hope so cause i will be losing atleast 25 marks maximum

SERIOUSLY DOPPLER?????????? you know that only happens when the source is moving right anyhow everything else seems to be correct
Original post by Luj99
Does anyone know how to do the last question ?

I found angle of i as 20 degrees
Because you had been given 20 degrees at the top. Then you had 90 degrees so you subtract the total from 180 and get 70 degrees
Then from the normal it's 90 again so you do 90-70=20
Then use the refractive index of both materials
n=sin i/sin r
but again I'm not 100% sure that's just what I did
Reply 15
Original post by Jacopo Innocenzi
SERIOUSLY DOPPLER?????????? you know that only happens when the source is moving right anyhow everything else seems to be correct

What did you do for the last question
By it i mean i wrote like the frequency is less and from the graph that it is decreasing. i only wrote that it diffracts and spreads! with wavelength increasing and etc.
Original post by Bobby.12
Because you had been given 20 degrees at the top. Then you had 90 degrees so you subtract the total from 180 and get 70 degrees
n=sin i/sin r

pretty much
Original post by LittlePrince
By it i mean i wrote like the frequency is less and from the graph that it is decreasing. i only wrote that it diffracts and spreads! with wavelength increasing and etc.

that would only get you 1 mark if your lucky
Reply 19
Original post by Bobby.12
n=sin i/sin r

Is this the right one ?? because i did the same....:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending