The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ada_Kai
People are going to hate me for saying this but I actually hope you get all As for AS.

I prefer someone who is clever but has a sharp tongue over others who are probably just jealous.

I don't think any are petty enough to want him to do poorly, those who are are just jealous, i think they just want him to have more compassion.

A rookie mistake on TSR, asking glassapple to consider other peoples feelings
Original post by Glassapple
I like to think that some of my threads push people into thinking things they'd never have thought of before. I like to think that sometimes people see that you don't have to be, do and say whatever everyone else wants, through my posts. As horrible as you think I am, I think it's refreshing to have at least one person on here who's as cutting as me. I offer a different perspective and a slightly different view on life.

I don't think you are horrible, you admitted to having a mental disorder ( narcissistic personality disorder) so i cannot fault your lack of empathy and inconsiderate behaviour. i don't think your posts are as helpful as you think they are though, people tend to( on average) try their best at exams and posts like this can just damage morale unnecessarily.
Reply 62
Being clear and concise is a skill; some people ramble on which takes up valuable time and in the real world time is money. Learn to be concise yet clear and you should be fine with timing.
I like to think that some of my threads push people into thinking things they'd never have thought of before. I like to think that sometimes people see that you don't have to be, do and say whatever everyone else wants, through my posts. As horrible as you think I am, I think it's refreshing to have at least one person on here who's as cutting as me. I offer a different perspective and a slightly different view on life.

Have you not considered methods of conveying your "different perspective" in a way that's not so harsh? Not many, if anyone, seems to have even considered what you're trying to say so maybe a different approach would make sense? Unless you have an ulterior motive of course but whatever lmao
Reply 64
Says the one with the avatar of one of the most retarded looking Naruto characters. Learn how to post without swearing.

Maybe they're not as helpful I think, maybe if I've given one or two people a different way to think about things then I've done some good. I'm not in it for that, but it is a possibility.

People are just too sensitive these days, they can't deal with others doing better than them (and telling them about it) loll.
Reply 65
Original post by PotterlyMissy
1) He's better than most people.
2) He has sex with many people, empty holes are rarely seen.
3) Though others are probably better at making friends than him.

I found who can found your fan club.
Original post by Ada_Kai
People are just too sensitive these days, they can't deal with others doing better than them (and telling them about it) loll.

Thank you for your nice posts, you've been calm and complimentary throughout.

Original post by usualsuspects
Do you want in or not?
Original post by usualsuspects

Do I have to be a fan to be the founder though? :colone:

I'd just want to laugh at the people who'd join to ask if they'd be paid £12,000 to engage in coitus with him.
Reply 68
If you read my post properly, you'll see I'll be posting it along with my AS results, on AS results day.

No, thats in august. Nobody has the attention span for you, despite how reprobate your claims are. Photos now or your claims are false.
Original post by daas13
No, thats in august. Nobody has the attention span for you, despite how reprobate your claims are. Photos now or your claims are false.

Except those who rep my posts and have been reading what I've been writing on here since November last year. I'm sure another couple of months won't kill them.
Original post by Ada_Kai

Because boasting leads to hatred and arguments and then people wonder why we dont have peace in this world smh.. Rather than telling them how great you are, ever tried helping people without showing off?
The exam board doesn't just pluck a number out of thin air and run with it. Obviously the amount of time given is proportional to how much time the paper should take, which has been fairly and logically analysed (with extra time given to those legitimately judged to need it, which is not very many at all as a percentage of your year group). If you run out of time then it's down to your poor exam technique, which guess what, you've had two academic years to practise and perfect.

Your teachers have been banging on at you for two years about how much time to spend on each section, how much you should aim to write for each section, how to be concise when you need to, how to write in detail when you need to, etc. They sit there with you time and time again with timed and untimed papers in lessons and revision sessions, going through mistakes you could make and how to correct them. They show you the specification, past mark schemes and sample answers. They tell you to revise the content and practise your exam technique against all of this. Then you still run out of time because clearly, you haven't been paying any attention at all to the people who were trying to help you.

you sound like one of those really unhelpful teachers who doesn't teach and just moans at everyone for 2 hours
Reply 72

You're welcome! Hahah I just have a few friends who can come off as being "harsh" to others like you may be seen as, but I know what they really mean and that they (and you) aren't being rude, you guys just have a different perspective on things.
Reply 73
The exam board doesn't just pluck a number out of thin air and run with it. Obviously the amount of time given is proportional to how much time the paper should take, which has been fairly and logically analysed (with extra time given to those legitimately judged to need it, which is not very many at all as a percentage of your year group). If you run out of time then it's down to your poor exam technique, which guess what, you've had two academic years to practise and perfect.

Your teachers have been banging on at you for two years about how much time to spend on each section, how much you should aim to write for each section, how to be concise when you need to, how to write in detail when you need to, etc. They sit there with you time and time again with timed and untimed papers in lessons and revision sessions, going through mistakes you could make and how to correct them. They show you the specification, past mark schemes and sample answers. They tell you to revise the content and practise your exam technique against all of this. Then you still run out of time because clearly, you haven't been paying any attention at all to the people who were trying to help you.

Right, you need to tone down your arrogance (just a tad) and obviously you've never had any type of learning difficulty or struggle at all, maybe they should have moved you up 2 or 3 years so now you'd be at university. You haven't even finished education yet haha or worked with those who struggle.

I am a teaching assistant at my own school and finished my A-levels last year. Firstly, not all sixth forms/colleges provide the same support for the students i.e. the lessons may not be focused on exam technique which is what happened in my physics class.

Secondly, you are assuming everyone has done all the work possible and has no other commitments, whilst I think education should take priority over jobs social stuff (up to a point, no one wants to be alone) etc people may have single parent families or people suffering from health issues which is common in the UK at the moment due to the amount of divorces and diagnosis of diseases etc.

Third, you are also neglecting the fact that people may have learning difficulties, preventing them from writing, reading (which I deal with everyday) but may still be very intelligent in some areas but not all. E.g. someone maybe very creative and good at art, but not like maths at all. But think about what jobs pay the most money, not the ones that include academics! Only if you are one of the top scientists or researchers in your field will you see over £80k a year on income whereas jobs in the sport industry or music industry pay millions for talented people who may have never passed GCSE maths or English because they didn't need to realistically. Although there are a few who have good qualifications in these industries e.g. Brian May (who has a PhD in physics). Nevertheless, most will probably not have passed all their GCSEs.

Just take a step back and think a bit more about what you're saying, you have probably been in top sets your whole life and obviously are above the whole planet in terms of intelligence but you know such a small amount about the education system. Become a teacher or work with students in secondary education and then come back to me
Reply 74

Do you want in or not?

I prefer being the subject of fan clubs 😆
i don't know, have you ever thought that maybe you go to a good school? Where you can trust your teachers to teach you right? Not even two years can fix bad teaching. I know people who are aiming for a C grade - a B at most - in the majority of their subjects and they'd be happy because they PASSED. Or maybe you're just incredibly smart--who knows. All I know is that its not that crazy to imagine people can run out of time in exams.
Original post by Reality Check
@Glassapple

You should have better things to do with your time than this. People are worried and anxious about their exams. It's not appropriate to wind people up for the sake of it just for your own personal amusement. And you know thi

I don't revise for exams. I did better things this afternoon and will be doing later tonight.

Original post by isakvaltersen
you sound like one of those really unhelpful teachers who doesn't teach and just moans at everyone for 2 hours

They give you an education don't they?
I don't revise for exams. I did better things this afternoon and will be doing later tonight.

They give you an education don't they?

um no they're unhelpful teachers who don't teach lmao
Reply 78
Original post by 123chem
Because boasting leads to hatred and arguments and then people wonder why we dont have peace in this world smh.. Rather than telling them how great you are, ever tried helping people without showing off?

Perhaps you (and the rest) should use your precious time to go and revise instead of getting butthurt.
Some exams actually have a lot to write in a very short amount of time. I've found in the new English Language exams it's around a mark a minute, and there's so much to write in a short amount of time. Some people also go to schools where they don't teach them the timings, or some people are only aiming for Cs, as they just can't get any higher.

Latest