The Student Room Group

2017 AQA Environmental Studies A2

Just thought I'd start a thread for this as I haven't actually been able to find one yet! How is everyone feeling about Friday's exam?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got any revision notes for unit 3?? Pleaseeeee
Reply 2
Original post by mollypavey
Has anyone got any revision notes for unit 3?? Pleaseeeee

I've only got ones made from the text book :frown:

You could always print off the teacher's resources notes on the AQA website?? They're basically the entire course in note form, although they aren't amazing
I'm a bit nervous because its my first exam but I'm feeling generally prepared i guess
Reply 4
Original post by Katherine_megan
I'm a bit nervous because its my first exam but I'm feeling generally prepared i guess

Ah, same here, it's my first exam too! I still need to memorise some last minute stuff, but I'm hoping it goes alright.
Any predictions?
Reply 6
Original post by questions1234567
Any predictions?

I have absolutely no idea... How about you? Any essay predictions? :frown:
Original post by josaltzman
I have absolutely no idea... How about you? Any essay predictions? :frown:

Yeah me neither :frown: its hard cause so little people are doing it, so we don't get a lot of help or information on it! How are you feeling, what do you need to get?
Reply 8
Yeah me neither :frown: its hard cause so little people are doing it, so we don't get a lot of help or information on it! How are you feeling, what do you need to get?

I know, there's so few resources and stuff! And I'm currently alternating between "this isn't too bad it'll be fine" and "oh my god I can't remember anything" so it's a bit of a mixed time haha! I keep forgetting stuff atm but I'm hoping that, once I get in the exam, the questions will jog my memory :redface: I'm aiming for an A. I got one last year, so hopefully even if I messed up a little, last year's could drag me back up. I hope.

How about you??
I know, there's so few resources and stuff! And I'm currently alternating between "this isn't too bad it'll be fine" and "oh my god I can't remember anything" so it's a bit of a mixed time haha! I keep forgetting stuff atm but I'm hoping that, once I get in the exam, the questions will jog my memory :redface: I'm aiming for an A. I got one last year, so hopefully even if I messed up a little, last year's could drag me back up. I hope.

How about you??

Wow, congratulations on your A! I got a B, and aiming for a B cause its what i need to get into uni. But I feel quite confident (not wanting to jinx it), it's just that I've mostly been focusing on my other exams cause i feel like they're more important so haven't been revising for this one as much. So overall I'm a mixture of feelings as well.

Also I'm not sure, but If i achieved a B last year does that mean I only need to achieve a C this year to get a B overall?
(edited 6 years ago)
Wow, congratulations on your A! I got a B, and aiming for a B cause its what i need to get into uni. But I feel quite confident (not wanting to jinx it), it's just that I've mostly been focusing on my other exams cause i feel like they're more important so haven't been revising for this one as much. So overall I'm a mixture of feelings as well.

Also I'm not sure, but If i achieved a B last year does that mean I only need to achieve a C this year to get a B overall?

Thanks!! And congrats on your B, that's so good too!! I've also been focusing so much more on my other exams, because I was kinda relying on the fact that a lot of the time the papers are about applying knowledge and working your way through stuff rather than just regurgitating information... I am a bit worried about the essays though. I really hope they're nice!

And I'm not sure either actually, sorry! I think each year is 50% so if you got a high B and a high C, for example, I reckon you'd average as a medium B??

((Good luck for tomorrow!! :biggrin:))
Thanks, goodluck to you too!!! :smile:
How did you guys find it?
Original post by maggie43
How did you guys find it?

it was interesting i also found the first question to be the hardest one which isnt normal...which long answer did you do?
I found it relatively okay! The first question was so difficult. I literally ended up guessing. I also found the maths really hard, but I am not a maths person :biggrin:

I chose the essay on oil pollution, how about everyone else??

Also, what kind of stuff did you mention for the question on finding the best solar panel angle, and the question on the experiment dealing with noise levels around wind farms??

I hated the final question on China. It was so long and I felt like my answers were all too vague.
I found it relatively okay! The first question was so difficult. I literally ended up guessing. I also found the maths really hard, but I am not a maths person :biggrin:

Also, what kind of stuff did you mention for the question on finding the best solar panel angle, and the question on the experiment dealing with noise levels around wind farms??

I hated the final question on China. It was so long and I felt like my answers were all too vague.

Omg I found the calculation question hard. Even with the wind farm one, I wasn't sure what to write. I did the first essay about pesticides. What did you get for the isotope question? The first question is meant to be easy, I hated the graphs
Original post by Sonia Alves
it was interesting i also found the first question to be the hardest one which isnt normal...which long answer did you do?

I did the pesticide question
Original post by maggie43
Omg I found the calculation question hard. Even with the wind farm one, I wasn't sure what to write. I did the first essay about pesticides. What did you get for the isotope question? The first question is meant to be easy, I hated the graphs

Same here. I felt like with a lot of the questions I didn't really know what they wanted me to talk about... and the one all about ioning radiation?? I think I put the 3rd?? box down, whatever one was number 11. And then I said the one with the shortest half life was most damaging if ingested and vice versa.

Not sure how I feel about this exam really. I think the essay went well, but the rest could have gone a lot better :frown:
r

I did the oil pollution question! What sort of stuff did you put down?

for the solar panel one I said, place a lamp and put solar panel at different angles of10 20,30,40 50,60 70 80 90, then record results using a voltmeter repeat for accurate results
Noise level one I put a transect with regular intervals away from the wind turbines, measure using a noise db meter repeat for accurate results
Original post by Sonia Alves
r

I did the oil pollution question! What sort of stuff did you put down?

for the solar panel one I said, place a lamp and put solar panel at different angles of10 20,30,40 50,60 70 80 90, then record results using a voltmeter repeat for accurate results
Noise level one I put a transect with regular intervals away from the wind turbines, measure using a noise db meter repeat for accurate results

I put a couple of effects of oil pollution in my intro, then I split it up into causes (tankers, washing water, vehicles), design controls (double rudders, double-skinned hulls etc.), operation controls (crew training, inert gases etc.) and clean up. How about you??

And ahh that sounds good! I put basically the same for the volume one, but I think I messed up the solar panel one a bit.

What did you talk about for the differences between alpha and gamma radiation on human health??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending