The Student Room Group

Gcse music exam edexcel

What are the predicted questions? What essay do you think is going to come up?
Since all the pieces have come up, it's really hard to predict. Maybe the ones from the old (2011/2012/2013) papers are more likely but IMO the best thing to do and only way to guarantee a good grade is know them all well. Where are you taking the exam, like what country?
Reply 2
Original post by hectorBellerin
What are the predicted questions? What essay do you think is going to come up?

Apparently, there might be a compare question because it's on the syllabus according to my teacher.
Original post by mm45
Apparently, there might be a compare question because it's on the syllabus according to my teacher.

Yeah I heard that but kind of doubt that they would change it up at this point. To be honest it wouldn't be that bad if they award 2 marks for one comparison. If you get 2 marks for saying: Glory of Lord is in A major while Peripetie is Atonal that would be great but if you only get one mark you are doing double the work.
On second thought I didn't realize how explicit the reference to comparison was in the Syllabus. Here it is:

In Section B, students write in more detail about the set works that they have studied and this extended response will be assessed for QWC as well as the quality of the musical information conveyed. Questions may concentrate on one or more set works and could ask for a comparison between two works (within the same Area of Study or from two different Areas of Study).
Reply 5
Original post by Polly123321
On second thought I didn't realize how explicit the reference to comparison was in the Syllabus. Here it is:

In Section B, students write in more detail about the set works that they have studied and this extended response will be assessed for QWC as well as the quality of the musical information conveyed. Questions may concentrate on one or more set works and could ask for a comparison between two works (within the same Area of Study or from two different Areas of Study).

I'm quite scared of it coming up though, it's never come up in previous years so it's quite likely that it might come up tomorrow :/
Original post by mm45

That would be a nasty surprise, what two essays are you thinking may come up?
Original post by Polly123321
Since all the pieces have come up, it's really hard to predict. Maybe the ones from the old (2011/2012/2013) papers are more likely but IMO the best thing to do and only way to guarantee a good grade is know them all well. Where are you taking the exam, like what country?

I'm taking it in London
Original post by hectorBellerin
I'm taking it in London

I'm in the Western Hemisphere so luckily I may have warning if its comparison.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest