The Student Room Group

English Language and Literature AQA: Paris Anthologies...Help?

Hi, I'm studying the paris anthologies for my English lang/lit A-level but really struggling with how to answer the question which is really doing my head in because I want to get an A this year!!

If anyone's got any advice on how to answer it, it'd be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Sallyhamriding
Hi, I'm studying the paris anthologies for my English lang/lit A-level but really struggling with how to answer the question which is really doing my head in because I want to get an A this year!!

If anyone's got any advice on how to answer it, it'd be much appreciated :smile:

I'd say the main way to do well on Paris is to constantly link back to context (GRAMP) which takes up a lot of the marks and use a variety of language features in your analysis so some phonology some grammar and some lexical. In your introduction to gain marks for comparisons compare genre, audience and purpose for both texts.
Reply 2
Original post by Steoh999
I'd say the main way to do well on Paris is to constantly link back to context (GRAMP) which takes up a lot of the marks and use a variety of language features in your analysis so some phonology some grammar and some lexical. In your introduction to gain marks for comparisons compare genre, audience and purpose for both texts.

What does the R in GRAMP stand for? We've just been told to use GAPM

How is everyone revising anthology? Just doing questions or actually going through each text? How did you do on this question last year? What other texts are you studying?
Reply 3
Original post by lolaLFC

How is everyone revising anthology? Just doing questions or actually going through each text? How did you do on this question last year? What other texts are you studying?

R is representation
Reply 4
R is representation

Thank you!!
Reply 5
Original post by lolaLFC
Thank you!!

What other texts are you studying?
Reply 6
What other texts are you studying?

The Lovely Bones, Duffy, The Kite Runner and Streetcar, you?
Reply 7
Original post by lolaLFC
The Lovely Bones, Duffy, The Kite Runner and Streetcar, you?

The handmaid's tale, John Donne, streetcar and gatsby
Reply 8
Original post by lolaLFC

Hi, could you explain the meaning of the acronym GRAMP?
What does each letter stand for?
Reply 9
Original post by Tols_
Hi, could you explain the meaning of the acronym GRAMP?
What does each letter stand for?

G is genre
R is representation of the text
A is targeted audience
M is mode ( spoken, written or multi modal)
P is purpose or the text

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending