Are you prepared for this Chem Exam?

Very Pepared 25%
Prepared 25%
Not really 25%
Totally not25%
Total votes: 4
Exam - Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 2 - WCH02
Date - 9th, June 2017

Hey there, I'm making this thread for discussion of the Edexcel IAL Chemistry paper before and after the exam.

If you know anyone taking this exam, please link them to this thread, and any contribution to the thread would be helpful, especially links to revision notes and exam tips.

Are you ready for your exams?, Post any doubts you have below and hopefully, someone will be available to help.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What volume of 0.200 mol dm−3 potassium sulfate solution is required to make, by dilution with water, 1.00 dm3 of a solution with a potassium ion concentration of 0.100 mol dm−3?
A 100 cm3
B 250 cm3
C 400 cm3
D 500 cm3

the answer is b
can you please help me i struggle at how i write the equation of this !!
Reply 2
What you found as answer is 500 cm3. But they are asking about just one ion of the substance so its half the answer I guess.
Reply 3
How did u guys find the exam, i found it really easy maybe just one or two questions were difficult
Original post by sasoki9
How did u guys find the exam, i found it really easy maybe just one or two questions were difficult

Same, the exam was one of the easiest exams I've ever done, I fear that the boundaries will be really high tho
Reply 5
Original post by sarah5
What volume of 0.200 mol dm−3 potassium sulfate solution is required to make, by dilution with water, 1.00 dm3 of a solution with a potassium ion concentration of 0.100 mol dm−3?
A 100 cm3
B 250 cm3
C 400 cm3
D 500 cm3

the answer is b
can you please help me i struggle at how i write the equation of this !!

Use the equation K2SO4---------2K^+ + SO4^2- and use the mole ratio to solve the problem.
What did you guys get for the mass of IO3-? I got 127, some friends of mine got 42.5?
Original post by BahaaIbrahim.
What did you guys get for the mass of IO3-? I got 127, some friends of mine got 42.5?

I got 12.7 mg

Posted from TSR Mobile
it was pretty easy except some question parts were difficult....
the diamond equilibrium question in which density was given and +1900 KJ WAS GIVEN.
Reply 9
i also got 42.5
what was the minimum volume of HCl required? i got 12.9cm^3
Original post by sasoki9

yes it was really easy and the last question seemed tough but it turned out good.
what points did you write for the structure of diamond? 2 marks for angle and shape and for the other two i wrote central carbon atom has 4 bond pairs which repel to the position of minimum repulsion. im just having a feeling i missed a point or so
Original post by Helper OF ALL
it was pretty easy except some question parts were difficult....
the diamond equilibrium question in which density was given and +1900 KJ WAS GIVEN.

OH YES! i mentioned about equi moving to left if temp was low but for pressure i wasn't getting any point i wrote to overcome the spaces b/w layers of graphite. ik its wrong tho
Original post by aruba258
yes it was really easy and the last question seemed tough but it turned out good.
what points did you write for the structure of diamond? 2 marks for angle and shape and for the other two i wrote central carbon atom has 4 bond pairs which repel to the position of minimum repulsion. im just having a feeling i missed a point or so

What was wrong with the last question? It was about Lonndon forces yea?
Original post by aruba258
OH YES! i mentioned about equi moving to left if temp was low but for pressure i wasn't getting any point i wrote to overcome the spaces b/w layers of graphite. ik its wrong tho

They asked about the temperature increasing
Reply 15
Did anyone miss the question where they gave the structure of diamond the diagram and next to it was a diagram of boron nitried and you had to put in the circles boron on nitrogen, most people missed it in my school, but when i re checked my answers i realized i missed it at first but then I saw it and answered it, so im glad i rechecked the paper
Original post by mandax_25
What was wrong with the last question? It was about Lonndon forces yea?

yea right it was
Original post by mandax_25
They asked about the temperature increasing

yea i wrote about it too
i just mentioned high temp needed to keep equi in forward direction
Original post by laivys
Did anyone miss the question where they gave the structure of diamond the diagram and next to it was a diagram of boron nitried and you had to put in the circles boron on nitrogen, most people missed it in my school, but when i re checked my answers i realized i missed it at first but then I saw it and answered it, so im glad i rechecked the paper

i was about to miss it too but thank God had a glance at (1) and i was like oh
Why was the experiment carried out with nitrogen ? Can't remember the exact question...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending