The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xphoenix
Feel really bad after one exam... Nailed some of my others, but screwed up the first of the reformed a levels. 35% down the drain, think the A* isn't possible anymore- it wasn't difficult just me having an off day. Just hoping I can scrape an A

Keep your chin up - you never know where the grade boundaries will be. Just work on smashing the other exams for that subject! 💪💪💪
Feel really bad after one exam... Nailed some of my others, but screwed up the first of the reformed a levels. 35% down the drain, think the A* isn't possible anymore- it wasn't difficult just me having an off day. Just hoping I can scrape an A

Bless you, best of luck with everything else, I'm sending best wishes your way !! post-exam worries are the worst x

Yes, and as Steliata said we just don't know where the boundaries may lie. Good luck with everything else, I'm sure you'll do fantastic. I do loathe these reformed subjects... there's just no safety net. Coursework barely counts. 😑😫
Original post by mehokay
Is it true that if you've met the conditions of your offer, Cambridge send you an acceptance letter 2 days before results day?

Doubt it but I wish it were so :tongue:

Chin up - You've beaten everyone for the last few years and I'm sure you'll do it again!
Original post by mehokay
Is it true that if you've met the conditions of your offer, Cambridge send you an acceptance letter 2 days before results day?

It's not true. Under UCAS rules universities are not allowed to communicate any decisions until results day at the earliest.
Reply 2946
Original post by mehokay

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2947
By the way, Cambridge has released the 2016 Admissions Cycle pdfs

* Undergraduate Admissions Statistics
* Applications, Offers & Acceptances by UCAS Apply Centre

As always, sourced from the stats page:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics
How's everyone's exams going?
Original post by rayofsunshine98

I've had my first two this week - both Latin, my weakest subject. I think they've gone okay? I'm glad to have them out of the way, and what with last year's UMS I think I possibly managed the A, which was what I'm targeting.

How are yours going?

Still not had any yet except for resits 😬😬😬

first history exam today, 1J British Empire (AQA). Nastier than usual extracts question, but 25 markers were absolute gifts, literally almost exactly what I would've asked for

pretty confident of the A*, next up American Revolution which is my stronger topic anyways

anyone else have history today?
Original post by LouKayenta05
I've had my first two this week - both Latin, my weakest subject. I think they've gone okay? I'm glad to have them out of the way, and what with last year's UMS I think I possibly managed the A, which was what I'm targeting.

How are yours going?

Only done one but I think it went okay, I'll be glad when I get the first Chem and Bio ones under my belt at the start of next week though.

I've had 2 so far, both maths. First one was pretty good, I'm fairly confident I can get >90 UMS. Second one was a disaster, barely finished the paper, really hurried, very unconfident in my answers. A load of the other Cambridge offer holders at school found it really hard, a couple of them didnt even finish the paper.

How are yours going?
Only done one but I think it went okay, I'll be glad when I get the first Chem and Bio ones under my belt at the start of next week though.

I feel you there with chemistry! I'm having this entire weekend to focus on brushing up all those details. Too bad there's so many!

It seems like the chem and bio exams are so close together for the whole exam period. I know it's stressing out some of my friends who do both subjects given how much content there is, how are you finding it?
Original post by an_atheist
I've had 2 so far, both maths. First one was pretty good, I'm fairly confident I can get >90 UMS. Second one was a disaster, barely finished the paper, really hurried, very unconfident in my answers. A load of the other Cambridge offer holders at school found it really hard, a couple of them didnt even finish the paper.

How are yours going?

Ok thanks - the one I've done (AQA S1 on Weds) wasn't as bad as I'd have expected, thanks in part to a load of papers the night before the exam. We had a rough time with teaching for S1 for various reasons so I'd bee quite worried about it. I'm sure the other one's grade boundaries will be lower if everyone found it harder.

Original post by LouKayenta05
I feel you there with chemistry! I'm having this entire weekend to focus on brushing up all those details. Too bad there's so many!

It seems like the chem and bio exams are so close together for the whole exam period. I know it's stressing out some of my friends who do both subjects given how much content there is, how are you finding it?

Don't even ask about the chem/bio factor! It's ridiculous, especially this week coming where there are also two maths exams - so i have Bio Monday pm, Chem Tues pm, maths Weds am and Fri pm - there's no chance to stop and breathe. It's worse when they are morning exams as well - personally I need a break after exams so I'm going to need to have a break after the exams and then want to revise when I'm at home and my teachers aren't around for guidance. I'm in extremely small classes (1 for chem and 2 for bio) so we really rely on teachers to talk stuff through with. I physically can't get everything in my head to be honest.
Original post by Strimpy
first history exam today, 1J British Empire (AQA). Nastier than usual extracts question, but 25 markers were absolute gifts, literally almost exactly what I would've asked for

pretty confident of the A*, next up American Revolution which is my stronger topic anyways

anyone else have history today?

Yes, 1C, Tudors, thought it was pretty good, but my timing was off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First exam, Tudor history (Edexcel) was today. My Cambridge offer is A*A*A with an A* in History. I don't feel like the A* is possible, though I don't think I screwed up the exam significantly. I feel like section B could have gone a lot better as I had a weird argument and forgot some facts, but I hope my examiner is nice and ignores the fact that my argument was weird or I do better than I expect for that section. Other two parts were okay I think? Meh. Even if/when I don't end up at Cambridge the ride has been interesting!
Original post by SteamboatMickey
First exam, Tudor history (Edexcel) was today. My Cambridge offer is A*A*A with an A* in History. I don't feel like the A* is possible, though I don't think I screwed up the exam significantly. I feel like section B could have gone a lot better as I had a weird argument and forgot some facts, but I hope my examiner is nice and ignores the fact that my argument was weird or I do better than I expect for that section. Other two parts were okay I think? Meh. Even if/when I don't end up at Cambridge the ride has been interesting!

You never know - it is the first year of the new spec if I'm correct in history.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a mock paper back for chem today and got my worst mark since April... Not even 70%. At this rate I'm not even going to my insurance 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending