The Student Room Group

An Iman we should help bring into the Mainstream.

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Reply 3
Hardly controversial or radical though because that's exactly what it says in the Quran and sunnah. Every Muslim must, by defenition, agree with him if they claim the Quran to be infallibly immutable and Muhammad the ultimate moral example.

"I will not compromise my beliefs"...

So therefore as an imam, his beliefs are Islamic.

Let's take one example - gender equality. The testimony of a woman is worth half of that of a man. That that is equal! No literally, the testimony of a woman is equal to 50% of a mans... That is islams twisted definition of gender equality.

Let's take another, ending "extremism" - extremism such as women refusing to wear headscarves - what did you actually think he ment? Extremism according to the west is something completely different to extremism according to Muslims.... What the west see as extremism is merely following the Quran. What islam sees as extremism is living in a western culture.

the left wing is utterly retarded...

He's Shia so he doesn't exactly represent mainstream Islam?
Original post by Someboady
He's Shia so he doesn't exactly represent mainstream Islam?

What is wrong with being Shia?
Original post by Meany Pie
What is wrong with being Shia?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with being Shia?
Are you trying to create an argument where none exists?
I didn't say there was anything wrong with being Shia?
Are you trying to create an argument where none exists?

No, it just seems odd that your issue with him was because he is Shia.
No, it just seems odd that your issue with him was because he is Shia.

Clearly you are trying to create an argument over nothing, because I have no issue with him...

I simply stated if he's Shia he doesn't represent mainstream Islam which is a fact because mainstream Islam is Sunni.

He seems like a decent bloke with some good values :smile:
Clearly you are trying to create an argument over nothing, because I have no issue with him...

I simply stated if he's Shia he doesn't represent mainstream Islam which is a fact because mainstream Islam is Sunni.

He seems like a decent bloke with some good values :smile:

You are right, he is too nice represent mainstream Islam.
xD This man is a absolute joke. Learn principle and values of differing ideologies and learn to repsect other principles for a better co-existence. This dude isn't even recognised by shia in Australia let alone the Sunni majority and australian council of scholars. This guy is a phony. We Muslims and you are different , live with it for goodness sake, we aren't over in your countries to cause wars, but we aren't here to be exactly like you as the basis of belief and principle is quite differece. And on the basis of principle of freedom, we have the freedom to do so, from you. And we are thankful for that. In short, no, we dont need this guy, hes no imam, not even recognised. We just need to reteach and confirm basic principles of the religion and prevent extremist ideologies infiltrating our children. The key is knowledge of the basic fundamental principles of the religion.
End of the day the guy is classed as a Muslim, with those beliefs he has he should get more publicity but the media refuses to portray islam in a positive way

Sad to hear you haven't met many nice mainstream Muslims
Original post by theboss1738
End of the day the guy is classed as a Muslim, with those beliefs he has he should get more publicity but the media refuses to portray islam in a positive way

But the media only states the appartent, Islamic knowledge is quite weak in countries like the UK which leaves room for nonsense we have seen in the past few days to occur. Point is, if children are taught proper islamic like the one from Mecca and Medina, then muslims would be much more peaceful and knowledgeable about their religion. Sad to say but I have yet to meet 10 muslims who know even the 3 basic principle of their religion.

I'm a Sunni 'mainstream' Muslim that agrees with all those values. There may be fundamental differences in Islam between Shias and Sunnis but those values are something I would consider >90% of the entire Muslim population to agree with.

Are you saying a mainstream Muslim cannot be nice?
Original post by Thelegend28
xD This man is a absolute joke. Learn principle and values of differing ideologies and learn to repsect other principles for a better co-existence. This dude isn't even recognised by shia in Australia let alone the Sunni majority and australian council of scholars. This guy is a phony. We Muslims and you are different , live with it for goodness sake, we aren't over in your countries to cause wars, but we aren't here to be exactly like you as the basis of belief and principle is quite differece. And on the basis of principle of freedom, we have the freedom to do so, from you. And we are thankful for that. In short, no, we dont need this guy, hes no imam, not even recognised. We just need to reteach and confirm basic principles of the religion and prevent extremist ideologies infiltrating our children. The key is knowledge of the basic fundamental principles of the religion.

It's a matter of time before war slaps you in the face in Europe, Islam is like a steaming pile of ****... I don't see where the arrogance fits... Your steaming pile of **** is literally worthless to the west. And as an outspoken Muslim you are on the verge of war with western natives who are well known throughout history of being EXTREME

So why the **** are you here?
But the media only states the appartent, Islamic knowledge is quite weak in countries like the UK which leaves room for nonsense we have seen in the past few days to occur. Point is, if children are taught proper islamic like the one from Mecca and Medina, then muslims would be much more peaceful and knowledgeable about their religion. Sad to say but I have yet to meet 10 muslims who know even the 3 basic principle of their religion.

Completely agree with you.

A lack of knowledge combined with a natural thirst for it results in people not qualified to interpret text in dangerous manners. Arabic has so many words that can't be directly translated in to English... so there is your first problem.
Original post by Dose of Real
It's a matter of time before war slaps you in the face in Europe, Islam is like a steaming pile of ****... I don't see where the arrogance fits... Your steaming pile of **** is literally worthless to the west. And as an outspoken Muslim you are on the verge of war with western natives who are well known throughout history of being EXTREME

It seems you don't know what war is. You and we are facing terrorism. Not WAR. Let me inform you those 2 things are very, VERY different. One is done by a extremist groups to achieve political goals, another is done by governments to anihilate another governemnt. Trust me, if us and you were at war, this world would look much, much more different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending