The Student Room Group

how do you know if you've been disqualified from an exam?

someone spoke to me on the way in and i stupidly replied... the invigilator was quite harsh but how do i know if he was planning to report us ? and if he did will we be likely to get disqualified?
Original post by TheKT
someone spoke to me on the way in and i stupidly replied... the invigilator was quite harsh but how do i know if he was planning to report us ? and if he did will we be likely to get disqualified?

You won't ever be disqualified for speaking to someone on the way in before anyone has looked at the paper and before the exam has begun.
You might be disqualified for speaking to someone during the exam, if you were being reported for malpractice your centre would tell you immediately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
will i get disqualified if my phone went off during the exam but non of the invigilators noticed could i get disqualified after the exam if they found out?
Reply 3
Original post by IMDUMB
will i get disqualified if my phone went off during the exam but non of the invigilators noticed could i get disqualified after the exam if they found out?

as a student U will be told if u r disqualified.
Original post by IMDUMB

If your phone goes off but nobody from the exams staff notice then no action will be taken - if someone else reports it or a rumour reaches them then the worst that can happen is you get told you are an idiot and don't let it happen again.
If your phone goes off and they do notice but the phone was in your bag and not in your possession then again a harsh word is the likely outcome. If they choose to report it then almost certainly nothing would come of it and you'll at worst get a warning from the examiners.
You are only likely to be disqualified if a phone is discovered in your possession, even if switched off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by homoe
my dad works with the exam board i can check for you :biggrin:

Son, for something like this I'd have to say you will be disqualified as it breaches the rule 5c section 8, regarding interactions between students
Reply 6
well there's your answer sorry man
Original post by homoe
well there's your answer sorry man

Having two accounts so you can have a silly conversation with yourself is likely to lead to a ban from TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by gdunne42
Having two accounts so you can have a silly conversation with yourself is likely to lead to a ban from TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

not the same account but whatever xd
Reply 9
Original post by gdunne42

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't be an account nazi i dont even know who homo is
Original post by Pretish
as a student U will be told if u r disqualified.

Is is possible to be told on the day of your results or after the exam. Do they have to say if you have been disqualified on the day of the exam.
Original post by Adamburgess38
Is is possible to be told on the day of your results or after the exam. Do they have to say if you have been disqualified on the day of the exam.

they have to tell u
if all the papers were collected in they cant disqualify you. if you did get disqualified you would probably be called to the office on the same day
Reply 13
i got my results and i was not disqualified for science

Quick Reply

Latest