The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A: Chains, Energy and Resources F322 - 09 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for discussing the OCR Chemistry exam in June. How is everyone feeling about it? What topics are you most concerned about?

OCR Chemistry A - Afternoon (PM) exam - 9th June 2017

Specification

You can find the specification and sample assessment papers here.

Resources

TSR Chemistry Revision Library

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Might be the only one doing this exam
Reply 2
I thought I was the only one 😂
Reply 3
What did every one get for the pollutant
Reply 4
Original post by Tislam77
What did every one get for the pollutant

C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something? Using the IR spec, I think I only found C=O and no O-H bonds so it's either an aldehyde or a ketone
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ash8991
C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something?

Yeah thats what I got as well.
Thought it was such a weird paper compared to past papers, anyone else?
Reply 6
Does anyone remember their numerical answers?
Reply 7
Original post by Ash8991
C3H6O for the molecular formula, think I did aldehyde for the structural mate, and you? Assuming I read the mass spec right, the mr of it should have been 58 or something? Using the IR spec, I think I only found C=O and no O-H bonds so it's either an aldehyde or a ketone

Yeah, I got the aldehyde propanal as one of the peaks was 29 so represented a CHO+
Original post by Ash8991

I drew structures for the aldehyde and ketone because it said possible structures i think?
Reply 9
Original post by Tanishalaura
I drew structures for the aldehyde and ketone because it said possible structures i think?

I'm pretty sure after identifying that it was an aldehyde or ketone with Mr of 58 you had to use the molecular ion peaks to see if it was an aldehyde or ketone?
I'm pretty sure after identifying that it was an aldehyde or ketone with Mr of 58 you had to use the molecular ion peaks to see if it was an aldehyde or ketone?

I forgot about ion peaks lool hope it will only be a mark or 2
Reply 11
Any predictions on grade boundaries? Isn't it just re-sitters in Northern Ireland that sat that exam?
Reply 12
Original post by sterlywhirly
Yeah thats what I got as well.
Thought it was such a weird paper compared to past papers, anyone else?

That's what I said, it was weird paper
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and/ or any idea of grade boundaries ?
Original post by Elizajaynethorpe
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and/ or any idea of grade boundaries ?

Assuming the grade boundaries will be really high since everyone taking this paper is a resit student
But that would be the same as last year they take into account who is re-sitting as they know how much grades change when candidates have re-sat on previous years. Last years was re-sit only and the grade boundries were 83 for an A but don't know whether this years paper was easier ?
Original post by Elizajaynethorpe
But that would be the same as last year they take into account who is re-sitting as they know how much grades change when candidates have re-sat on previous years. Last years was re-sit only and the grade boundries were 83 for an A but don't know whether this years paper was easier ?

I found this year's paper more difficult than last year's, hoping everyone else did too so that grade boundaries aren't too high 😅
Same hope the grade boundaries are nice. Is anyone doing f324 or f325 resits as well ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Hayytch
Does anyone remember their numerical answers?

I think I got something like 9.2% (might be slightly different) percentage yield and around 67% atom economy. Again both may slightly differ. Don't remember any other numerical answers at the moment. Can you think of any?
Reply 19

Yes I got the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending