The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry [OLD SPEC] - 13th & 19th June 2017

Anyone else here doing the old spec (2421) AQA Chemistry papers (Chem 4 Kinetics, Equilibria, and Organic Chemistry, or Chem 5 Energetics, Redox, and Inorganic Chemistry) this June?

My college got shut down so I'm doing it as an external candidate. Don't know if anyone's doing it with me!

What grades did you get last time and what are you hoping to get this year? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be doing old spec CHEM1 CHEM2 CHEM4 CHEM5 :frown:

Really need to get an A to get into dentistry, had a C last year

How about yourself?
Reply 2
Original post by umbz4839

How about yourself?

Good luck! Got B at AS and D at A2 (so high C overall). Need to get A in Chem 5 and Chem 4 to get an A overall for VetMed :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Scitty
Good luck! Got B at AS and D at A2 (so high C overall). Need to get A in Chem 5 and Chem 4 to get an A overall for VetMed :smile:

Goodluck to you too!

How about yourself?

Hi Im resitting those 4 papers, and im going for dentistry as well. How did you find chem1 today? Also do you have offers for dent?
Reply 5
Original post by bdog123curryman
Hi Im resitting those 4 papers, and im going for dentistry as well. How did you find chem1 today? Also do you have offers for dent?

Hey! I found it okay but I'm just worried the grade boundaries are going to be ridiculous. Cardiff uni have honoured my offer from last year thankfully, what about you?
Hey! I found it okay but I'm just worried the grade boundaries are going to be ridiculous. Cardiff uni have honoured my offer from last year thankfully, what about you?

Thats good I had to apply all over again and go in for interviews and things. Ive firmed Kings, just need an A*A
Reply 7
Original post by bdog123curryman
Thats good I had to apply all over again and go in for interviews and things. Ive firmed Kings, just need an A*A

Goodluck!!
Reply 8
resitting chem2 and chem4, got A's in all the other modules but completely fked up chem4 last year getting an E, so B overall :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by j5994
resitting chem2 and chem4, got A's in all the other modules but completely fked up chem4 last year getting an E, so B overall :smile: :smile: :smile:

How was Chen 2 today . I sat it too
Reply 10
Original post by summer898
How was Chen 2 today . I sat it too

I thought it went alright thanks!, what about you? turns out every single one of those questions were recycled its insane haha. somethings really bugging me though, was the formation of the Iron Chloride said to be Fe(III) chloride or Fe(II) chloride lol?
Reply 11

How about yourself?

How'd you find Chem2?
Original post by j5994
I thought it went alright thanks!, what about you? turns out every single one of those questions were recycled its insane haha. somethings really bugging me though, was the formation of the Iron Chloride said to be Fe(III) chloride or Fe(II) chloride lol?

It was fe(III) .. I thought it went alright too jus made few silly mistakes.. what u put for safety and environmental reason for glucose question. And at beginning was Chlorine termination step forming c2h4cl4 .. also what class is benzene Diol in.. sorry for so much questions
Reply 13
It was fe(III) .. I thought it went alright too jus made few silly mistakes.. what u put for safety and environmental reason for glucose question. And at beginning was Chlorine termination step forming c2h4cl4 .. also what class is benzene Diol in.. sorry for so much questions

thank god haha. yeah i know what you mean, silly silly mistakes. for the termination that should be right, I did it in structural formula so I put CHCl2CHCl2, its a primary, and i put that glucose is a renewable resource and NaOH used is acidic.
Original post by j5994
thank god haha. yeah i know what you mean, silly silly mistakes. for the termination that should be right, I did it in structural formula so I put CHCl2CHCl2, its a primary, and i put that glucose is a renewable resource and NaOH used is acidic.

Ahh I added to extra hydrogen for no where lol... what bout the chlorine equation part and I put renewable too then crossed it out to put carbon neutral 😩... u know the oleochemicals acid + h2 = steric acid.. what reaction was that
What u think grade boundaries will be
Original post by j5994
How'd you find Chem2?

It was okay. A lot of recycling of questions!! I just pray they do that A2 as well.

Does anyone know the answer to the second last question with the graph?
It was okay. A lot of recycling of questions!! I just pray they do that A2 as well.

Does anyone know the answer to the second last question with the graph?

It's in June 2011 paper ...what u put for the benzene diol question
Reply 18
Ahh I added to extra hydrogen for no where lol... what bout the chlorine equation part and I put renewable too then crossed it out to put carbon neutral 😩... u know the oleochemicals acid + h2 = steric acid.. what reaction was that

aw thats alright, just little things its so annoying haha. I put reduction
Original post by j5994

I think you have to put NaOH is corrosive, rather than just acidic, to get the mark.

I made a few silly mistakes but the whole paper was literally past exam questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending