The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 law predictions 2017 ????

Does anyone have any predictions yet of what questions may/are likely to come up in LAW03 and LAW04?? or what concept questions it is likely to be??? x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mads2
Does anyone have any predictions yet of what questions may/are likely to come up in LAW03 and LAW04?? or what concept questions it is likely to be??? x

Here's a copy of my tables outlining what has come up in the past couple of years:
(they look complicated, but there is a key at the bottom!)
(also please note that for the concepts part, I've only included the three that we get taught at our college)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mads2
Thankyou!!
Original post by lolking70
Yeah..so based on this what do you think will come up (Criminal for 03 + Criminal, L+J, L+M and JC for 04)

Thanks

For offences against the person, there's been a trend lately for the examiner to include nearly every offence, with different offences/defences appearing in each case study. My second main topic is Tort, so I can't comment on offences against property. For concepts, of the three that I study (L+J, Fault and JC, I think Fault and L+J is most likely to come up. I don't know about L+M, as I don't do it and so I didn't bother guessing whether it'll come up or not, sorry.
Hey I dunno if this helps but I received 32/35 on my L+M essay xx
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi i dont mean to be cheeky but would you mind sending me this via email?
What is most likely to come up in evaluation. I think it will be general defences. I am focusing mostly on that, however I am worried they might do something dodgy and surprise us with something else.
Reply 7
Im a little bit confused... I taught myself this A level using the Oxford Open Learning Center. Because i am not at college ect I have not had a syllabus or anything like that. For the concepts of law section of this exam i have learnt law and morality, law and justice, fault, judicial creativity and balancing conflicting interests.But a lot of you are saying that youve only learnt three of these topics (L+J, Fault and JC). Why is this? Is this all you need to know for the exam? Please can you let me know because i would love to only have to focus on 3! Thanks
Original post by sara.haah
Im a little bit confused... I taught myself this A level using the Oxford Open Learning Center. Because i am not at college ect I have not had a syllabus or anything like that. For the concepts of law section of this exam i have learnt law and morality, law and justice, fault, judicial creativity and balancing conflicting interests.But a lot of you are saying that youve only learnt three of these topics (L+J, Fault and JC). Why is this? Is this all you need to know for the exam? Please can you let me know because i would love to only have to focus on 3! Thanks

Yes, I have only learnt 3. The format of the exam is that, if you learn 3, at least 1 is guaranteed to come up (because there is a choice of 3 in the actual exam, not 1 or 2)
Reply 9
Yes, I have only learnt 3. The format of the exam is that, if you learn 3, at least 1 is guaranteed to come up (because there is a choice of 3 in the actual exam, not 1 or 2)

Thats great, thank you for helping me out :smile:
What is most likely to come up in evaluation. I think it will be general defences. I am focusing mostly on that, however I am worried they might do something dodgy and surprise us with something else.

I am thinking general defences too, but am also worried that AQA will try and catch us all out! Last year was non-fatals, so we can almost definitely rule it out.
Reply 11
Original post by CatusStarbright
I am thinking general defences too, but am also worried that AQA will try and catch us all out! Last year was non-fatals, so we can almost definitely rule it out.

Asking a NFO question would be precisely that - catching you out.
Original post by vegains
Asking a NFO question would be precisely that - catching you out.

Yes, but if I have heard correctly, they also have to test everything on the syllabus within so many years. It's be more likely that they'd surprise us with murder and vol. manslaughter.
Yes, but if I have heard correctly, they also have to test everything on the syllabus within so many years. It's be more likely that they'd surprise us with murder and vol. manslaughter.

2 years ago was murder and voluntary manslaughter. General defences hasn't come for last 2 years that means :shy2:
Reply 14

They've already asked all three possible questions in the past. As far as I know, they're in no way obliged to ask them a certain amount of times.
2 years ago was murder and voluntary manslaughter. General defences hasn't come for last 2 years that means :shy2:

Yeah I know, it's the most probable based on the pattern, but if they wanted to throw us off, I reckon they'd pick murder and vol. man.
Original post by scarlett99
Hi i dont mean to be cheeky but would you mind sending me this via email?

yeah sure whats your email? xxx
Reply 17
Yeah I know, it's the most probable based on the pattern, but if they wanted to throw us off, I reckon they'd pick murder and vol. man.

yeaah I defo think it's either going to be murder/vol m.s or defences and for unit 4 I'm praying justice comes up cos it hasn't come up since 2015 im going to risk it and only learn that but I think fault is going to come up too
Original post by snk98
yeaah I defo think it's either going to be murder/vol m.s or defences and for unit 4 I'm praying justice comes up cos it hasn't come up since 2015 im going to risk it and only learn that but I think fault is going to come up too

Ditto for concepts. Praying for fault - it's so easy!
Reply 19
Ditto for concepts. Praying for fault - it's so easy!

my teacher didn't even teach us fault he said "uve basically been doing it all year without realising here's the handout" ._. so I literally don't know anything about fault

Quick Reply

Latest