The Student Room Group

AQA IT Info 2 2017 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Hey guys, how did we find the INFO 2 paper today? I thought it was a nice paper. :smile:. If we can, let's try to form an unofficial mark scheme here, but I may not remember everything.

Question 1 - I ticked 'Procedure'

Question 2 - How to provide continuity of service? I talked about mirroring, RAID (redundant array of inexpensive disks) and clustering.

Question 3 - I think it was about job roles. I explained 3 different jobs to do with ICT in detail, included personal and technical skills.

Question 3b - I THINK this was the question about the family wanting to connect to a network or something like that... forgot the exact question but it was something to do with networks...

The question about communication technologies in relation to mobile phones - what did you guys put because I wasn't too confident with this question...

For the essay question, I spoke about the Data Protection Act, The Computer Misuse Act and the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, talking about how they work and the implications of the acts. As well as a introduction and conclusion.

If you can help out with the stuff I missed, it would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
Haha, salam bilal, my name is bilal too xD.

Yeah the answers i wrote was similar to yours :P I thought the paper was good tbh, only question that i really am not confident on was the comm technology :frown:...

However, hoping the grade boundaries are lower because it was a much different/weird paper from past years. Like no typical 'what is ict' question. No data and information, characteristics of users, standards, www or internet, coding and encoding or what ict can provide. Really gutted because they were my strong topics.
Reply 2
Original post by y0Exert
Haha, salam bilal, my name is bilal too xD.

Yeah the answers i wrote was similar to yours :P I thought the paper was good tbh, only question that i really am not confident on was the comm technology :frown:...

However, hoping the grade boundaries are lower because it was a much different/weird paper from past years. Like no typical 'what is ict' question. No data and information, characteristics of users, standards, www or internet, coding and encoding or what ict can provide. Really gutted because they were my strong topics.

Salaam bro. I feel the same way as you honestly, there weren't much questions we would've perceived to be 'regular' that showed up which was disappointing haha. Maybe you're right and they do slightly lower the grade boundaries, but then again, this was the final year of AS - Level IT from AQA so you never know what may happen. :smile:
Original post by Bilal_E.
Hey guys, how did we find the INFO 2 paper today? I thought it was a nice paper. :smile:. If we can, let's try to form an unofficial mark scheme here, but I may not remember everything.

Question 1 - I ticked 'Procedure'

Question 2 - How to provide continuity of service? I talked about mirroring, RAID (redundant array of inexpensive disks) and clustering.

Question 3 - I think it was about job roles. I explained 3 different jobs to do with ICT in detail, included personal and technical skills.

Question 3b - I THINK this was the question about the family wanting to connect to a network or something like that... forgot the exact question but it was something to do with networks...

The question about communication technologies in relation to mobile phones - what did you guys put because I wasn't too confident with this question...

For the essay question, I spoke about the Data Protection Act, The Computer Misuse Act and the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, talking about how they work and the implications of the acts. As well as a introduction and conclusion.

If you can help out with the stuff I missed, it would be appreciated. :smile:

Question on the withdrawing money from an ATM machine, i talked about Interacive and Transaction processing providing 2 point and an example in scenario for each.

Question on Menu Based, Command Line and GUI: Menus are intuitive (no experience required) and no complex commands to remember but are time consuming as leads to sub-menus and stressful as many options to select from. Command Line where user inputs commands for computer to interpret and carry out. Little memory is used and precise commands can be entered quickly but no prompts/instructions.

Question on the Ethical, Social, Cultural and Environmental:
Environmental=Printing copies of every email
Cultural=Finding out about other people
Social=Blog
Ethical=Leaking Government Information

Question on Preventing Threats:
Dont open unknown emails, anti virus software, firewalls
Reply 4
Original post by AzzyChoudhury
Question on the withdrawing money from an ATM machine, i talked about Interacive and Transaction processing providing 2 point and an example in scenario for each.

Question on Menu Based, Command Line and GUI: Menus are intuitive (no experience required) and no complex commands to remember but are time consuming as leads to sub-menus and stressful as many options to select from. Command Line where user inputs commands for computer to interpret and carry out. Little memory is used and precise commands can be entered quickly but no prompts/instructions.

Question on the Ethical, Social, Cultural and Environmental:
Environmental=Printing copies of every email
Cultural=Finding out about other people
Social=Blog
Ethical=Leaking Government Information

Question on Preventing Threats:
Dont open unknown emails, anti virus software, firewalls

Nice one mate. I spoke about the same things. :smile: Hopefully we did well!
nice one lads got similar answers, have to say this paper was much harder compared to others.
I was really unsure with the mobile communications question, same with the job role. So I literally wrote all I knew, other than that I don't think there was much difficult questions?

Quick Reply

Latest