The Student Room Group

Anyone retaking Comp3?

I'll be retaking AQA computing unit 3 and it would be nice to know who else will be with me.

Scroll to see replies

so lonely here...
:frown:
I WON'T GIVE UP! I'm sure there is someone here :P
BUMP!
Bump
Reply 6
Wow, literally no one (on TSR) - if it helps I'm doing A2 first time, spec is different but content is pretty similar. Since you have done A2 before what tips do you have for the exam?
Original post by Yusufff
Wow, literally no one (on TSR) - if it helps I'm doing A2 first time, spec is different but content is pretty similar. Since you have done A2 before what tips do you have for the exam?

I would say one tip is to do as many practice papers possible but i guess that wont help for you...
If your study guide has summary questions etc trying doing all of them as they would be good practice and they would be the closest to exam questions.
I also suggest reading the book over and over again as there could be things you may of missed out by accident or forgotten

Here is a link for specimen paper and stuff. I don't know much about the new spec so you'll have to figure out if which paper is right one.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/computer-science-and-it/as-and-a-level/computer-science-7516-7517/assessment-resources

Your teacher may also have some resources that could be useful so maybe ask them too.
Reply 8
Original post by crazyy
I would say one tip is to do as many practice papers possible but i guess that wont help for you...
If your study guide has summary questions etc trying doing all of them as they would be good practice and they would be the closest to exam questions.
I also suggest reading the book over and over again as there could be things you may of missed out by accident or forgotten

Here is a link for specimen paper and stuff. I don't know much about the new spec so you'll have to figure out if which paper is right one.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/computer-science-and-it/as-and-a-level/computer-science-7516-7517/assessment-resources

Your teacher may also have some resources that could be useful so maybe ask them too.

Thanks. I actually am currently using old past papers because lots of the new content is similar to the old content - just a few extra added things to the new spec and some things taken out from the old spec.
BUMP
Bump
BUMP
BUMP
Final bump!:banana::bl:
yo, I am :smile:

we are the last comp3, lets fcking rekt that paper :biggrin:
Original post by KnightCode
yo, I am :smile:

we are the last comp3, lets fcking rekt that paper :biggrin:

HAHAHA LETS DO THIS.
I'm actually a little nervous about this paper :cry2:. How are you revising?
Original post by crazyy
HAHAHA LETS DO THIS.
I'm actually a little nervous about this paper :cry2:. How are you revising?

:bl: :bl: (i just learnt how to do this lmao)

ikr i literally had too many notes and so many of them are unnecessary
so i found a link to this Cambridge cs student and his cs notes, yesterday

I have been using them and combining my own notes with it.
Spent the whole day doing that, hopefully going to get started on doing all the past papers.

after that it is simply just reading and reading again!!!

here is this wonderful link
http://matdev.co.uk/revision/notes/view_pdf.php?notesID=2

(do share any resources you gotttt)
Original post by KnightCode
:bl: :bl: (i just learnt how to do this lmao)

ikr i literally had too many notes and so many of them are unnecessary
so i found a link to this Cambridge cs student and his cs notes, yesterday

I have been using them and combining my own notes with it.
Spent the whole day doing that, hopefully going to get started on doing all the past papers.

after that it is simply just reading and reading again!!!

here is this wonderful link
http://matdev.co.uk/revision/notes/view_pdf.php?notesID=2

(do share any resources you gotttt)

I use that website too! Last year i made notes from the whole A2 nelson thornes book which ended up being so useless! I only make notes from past papers I do. I got a bunch of questions you can do from old past paper questions from the old spec (old old) to cover ours. Keep in mind some questions may not be for our spec but most are and a lot of the questions are repeated so when you go to the next document you will see a lot of the same stuff so you can go through it pretty quick. I also have more stuff (i'm uploading this all to drive). You should also go on the aqa website as they have some documents on tree traversals and hashing which the book doesn't cover so well.
(edited 6 years ago)
@KnightCode

mind pming me your gmail? Ill share it you there

are you resitting any other computing modules or just comp 3?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by crazyy
I use that website too! Last year i made notes from the whole A2 nelson thornes book which ended up being so useless! I only make notes from past papers I do. I got a bunch of questions you can do from old past paper questions from the old spec (old old) to cover ours. Keep in mind some questions may not be for our spec but most are and a lot of the questions are repeated so when you go to the next document you will see a lot of the same stuff so you can go through it pretty quick. I also have more stuff (i'm uploading this all to drive). You should also go on the aqa website as they have some documents on tree traversals and hashing which the book doesn't cover so well.

oh yes, i want those old old questions, sounds very useful
yeah!! the specification is soo vague "be familiar with Tree", i got those documents printed, just not to miss out! hella annoying it wasn't mentioned in the specification

my gmail is (not needed anymore)
thanks
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending