The Student Room Group

Veganism or nah?

What is your opinion on veganism?

Are you a vegan? Do you want to become a vegan? Do you not like veganism?

Share below!

Scroll to see replies

I'm a vegetarian and would like to become a vegan but I would probs die if I did.
Original post by feministy
I'm a vegetarian and would like to become a vegan but I would probs die if I did.

I've never met a vegetarian :h:. Lol why?

I was thinking of becoming vegan by starting off being a vegetarian but idk.
Bump.
Original post by jabbathemuttdog
I've never met a vegetarian :h:. Lol why?

I was thinking of becoming vegan by starting off being a vegetarian but idk.

I already have deficiencies.
Booop
Reply 6
I was veggie for about a year and now vegan for 6 months :smile:
Original post by feministy
I already have deficiencies.

Me too - allergic to fish + milk and vitamin d deficient.
Original post by loganley
I was veggie for about a year and now vegan for 6 months :smile:

Wow that's so cool! What type of vegan are you? How do you manage it? :wink:
Reply 9
Some people do suddenly go vegan, but it's recommended you go vegetarian first, so that you're not just dumping everything at once. It's a gradual process.

What's making you consider the change? Moral reasons, health reasons...?

- (vegetarian, who's almost vegan)
veggie two years now, going vegan over summer.

my sister had really bad iron problems before going vegan but she makes it work- if you have deficiencies then you need to work it around that but it's still 100000% possible to go vegan. if anything, it's probs a bit better because you'll be making sure you are getting enough nutrients and from healthy sources :smile:
i have been a vegan for over a year and it is the best the thing I could have done. I have no acne, i am more toned and less susceptible catch diseases like diabetes and heart attacks and cancer. it also helps increase biodiversity on the planet. plants also DO NOT have feelings, and animals DO. even if plants did (which they DO NOT) it takes more plants to feed animals in slaughter houses than it does humans
Wow that's so cool! What type of vegan are you? How do you manage it? :wink:

lol just a normal vegan, i eat copious amounts of pasta/bread/potatoes and also live off oreos some days. I'm a really picky eater but I think cheese is usually the hardest thing for people to give up and I never really liked cheese so it wasn't an issue. I do it for ethical rather than health reasons which is why my diet is quite bad, I don't do raw or any of that stuff. All my blood tests came back fine too :smile:
Original post by Joel 96
Some people do suddenly go vegan, but it's recommended you go vegetarian first, so that you're not just dumping everything at once. It's a gradual process.

What's making you consider the change? Moral reasons, health reasons...?

- (vegetarian, who's almost vegan)

I was considering going veggie first for a couple of months before veganism.:tongue:

To be honest, it's both. I would love to become healthier and fitter on a plant based diet and it's also about conserving the animals we have here on earth, if you understand.
Original post by samwestt
veggie two years now, going vegan over summer.

my sister had really bad iron problems before going vegan but she makes it work- if you have deficiencies then you need to work it around that but it's still 100000% possible to go vegan. if anything, it's probs a bit better because you'll be making sure you are getting enough nutrients and from healthy sources :smile:

Wow that's great - congrats me dear. I'll definitely think about. Personally do you think it's more expensive than a ''more' meaty diet?
Original post by loganley
lol just a normal vegan, i eat copious amounts of pasta/bread/potatoes and also live off oreos some days. I'm a really picky eater but I think cheese is usually the hardest thing for people to give up and I never really liked cheese so it wasn't an issue. I do it for ethical rather than health reasons which is why my diet is quite bad, I don't do raw or any of that stuff. All my blood tests came back fine too :smile:

Yay.- congrats on your well health! :excited:

Cheese is honestly my best friend and one of the best foods for me personally ever. But I'd probably replace with it tofu or something.

Naughty naughty. Jk- (Oreos are my fav toooo...).
Yay.- congrats on your well health! :excited:

Cheese is honestly my best friend and one of the best foods for me personally ever. But I'd probably replace with it tofu or something.

Naughty naughty. Jk- (Oreos are my fav toooo...).

if you do decide to try veganism- don't go straight in with vegan mock foods, especially vegan cheese because it'll taste gross and it will make it all seem so much harder! most vegans I know say it's best to avoid fake cheeses for a few weeks so your tastebuds have time to adapt, and also be prepared for the fact that even the best vegan cheeses will probably never come close to normal cheese! Plus they can be pretty pricey.

but yeah it's perfectly doable. I know people go on about "it's so hard to get the right nutrients" and "you'll get sick" etc etc but no one seems to say that if you have a rubbish diet that includes meat lol.
I was considering going veggie first for a couple of months before veganism.:tongue:

To be honest, it's both. I would love to become healthier and fitter on a plant based diet and it's also about conserving the animals we have here on earth, if you understand.

Yes, I would recommend going veggie first. You're less likely to fall off the tightrope if you're holding a balance pole, so to speak.

It's always been moral reasons for me. I was raised pescetarian by my parents, but went vegetarian a few years ago after finding out fish feel pain too. I'm pretty close to veganism now. I've stopped buying and consuming milk and eggs directly, and I have no trouble in that department. It's stuff like pizza and garlic bread I find hard to dispose of.

But hey, health is good. There's no doubt that studies show vegans having more benefits from a plant-based diet. I wish you the best of luck if you choose to go down that path.
Original post by pastel-princess
i have been a vegan for over a year and it is the best the thing I could have done. I have no acne, i am more toned and less susceptible catch diseases like diabetes and heart attacks and cancer. it also helps increase biodiversity on the planet. plants also DO NOT have feelings, and animals DO. even if plants did (which they DO NOT) it takes more plants to feed animals in slaughter houses than it does humans

Hmmm thanks for your great reply. There are also arguments to say that eating meat can be just as good for you if you know what types to eat. The Masai tribe in Africa almost exclusively eat meat and have found to have incredible bone structures and profound health.

Anyway I might be wrong, lots of love babes.
nah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending