The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business A2 NEW SPEC

Just wondering how everyone is going to revise for business this year, as my school are not getting any revision guides and with it being a new spec nobody can predict the questions coming on the three papers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm making notes from some revision guides you should buy one it has everything you need to know bro inbox me for details
Moved to Business :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cero70
I'm making notes from some revision guides you should buy one it has everything you need to know bro inbox me for details

That is interetsing mate as my school has said there are not any, probbaly defending why they are not buying any.Could you please tell me the titile ?
Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by NiamhM1801
Moved to Business :smile:

Thank you
Original post by cdog123
That is interetsing mate as my school has said there are not any, probbaly defending why they are not buying any.Could you please tell me the titile ?
Thanks

Theres a massive book by pearson im glad i have it. TBH business is the subject im going to revise least because i always think that i can wing it, i need to realise that i cant do that this year lol. Its not a hard subject but its unfair we have no past papers or stuff for the teachers to be guided from
Reply 6
Original post by AllanSmith22
Theres a massive book by pearson im glad i have it. TBH business is the subject im going to revise least because i always think that i can wing it, i need to realise that i cant do that this year lol. Its not a hard subject but its unfair we have no past papers or stuff for the teachers to be guided from

My point exactly !
Does anyone know roughly how many students are taking these exams? I did AQA business last year and there's only 4 people in our business class. I'm just praying that the grade boundaries are low. I have the collosal Pearson as/a level textbook and it cost so bloody much... And to be honest, I don't find it THAT valuable
On the edexcel spec it says the first exam is unit 1 and 4 and the 2nd is unit 2 and 3. but on my timetable and my teacher also said that its 1 and 3 & 2 and 4 ????
Original post by ClaytonVlogz
Does anyone know roughly how many students are taking these exams? I did AQA business last year and there's only 4 people in our business class. I'm just praying that the grade boundaries are low. I have the collosal Pearson as/a level textbook and it cost so bloody much... And to be honest, I don't find it THAT valuable

Only 6 in our class. we got given the books but ive hardly read any of it whereas other people have done every question in there. I find business fairy easy tbh but i feel like they might ask an irrelevant question especially for the investigating business (gyms) exam
Original post by ClaytonVlogz

The grade boundaries will be low. Im talking very low according to our teacher. Most students dont even have the textbook
Other than formula's and some practice i dont know what i need to work on. I have the big textbook but havent read much of it. Most of business is common sense for me but i think they might ask a question thats irrelevant to what we know
On the edexcel spec it says the first exam is unit 1 and 4 and the 2nd is unit 2 and 3. but on my timetable and my teacher also said that its 1 and 3 & 2 and 4 ????

the first is theme 1 and 4 as in marketing and people from AS and Global business form A2 and the 2nd is theme 2 and 3 as in managing business activities from AS and business decisions and strategy from A2
in AS it was 66% for an A , 58% for a B and 51% for a C, compared on average it being 80,70,60 respectively. and our AS papers weren't incredibly difficult either so should hopefully be seeing some pretty low grade boundaries.
Original post by dididid
in AS it was 66% for an A , 58% for a B and 51% for a C, compared on average it being 80,70,60 respectively. and our AS papers weren't incredibly difficult either so should hopefully be seeing some pretty low grade boundaries.

i'M surprised its so low but i guess theyre taking into account the lack of resources some students have.
i'M surprised its so low but i guess theyre taking into account the lack of resources some students have.

yh and that its the first time its being tested id suspect they will increase each year so ours will be slightly higher i guess.
have you done much revision for this? I'm pretty much teaching it all to myself in these 2 days haha and i need an A

Is this for real?? I really hope the grade boundaries are low because although i have the knowledge, i find it really hard to get marks through evaluation especially in the 20 markers!
Original post by kmills288
Is this for real?? I really hope the grade boundaries are low because although i have the knowledge, i find it really hard to get marks through evaluation especially in the 20 markers!

well those were the grade boundaries for our AS
106/160 -A
94/160 - B
so im assuming theyll be the same
something like
200/300- A
175/300 - B
but im being a little optimistic haha but hopefully itll be around this
Original post by dididid
yh and that its the first time its being tested id suspect they will increase each year so ours will be slightly higher i guess.
have you done much revision for this? I'm pretty much teaching it all to myself in these 2 days haha and i need an A

Literally just started yesterday and I need new A too. I find business pretty easy but I'm not too keen on that third paper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending