The Student Room Group

Three Exams on one Day

So I've Got AQA A level Computer Science, WEJC A LEVEL ICT and AQA A Level Core 4 all on the same day, any ideas on how i can deal with the stress of sitting all of them back to back and still remembering everything i need to know.
i also want to know if anyone else has this combination of exams on the 16th
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How long is each?
If they add up to over six hours you can get special consideration from exam boards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Manny24
So I've Got AQA A level Computer Science, WEJC A LEVEL ICT and AQA A Level Core 4 all on the same day, any ideas on how i can deal with the stress of sitting all of them back to back and still remembering everything i need to know.
i also want to know if anyone else has this combination of exams on the 16th

How preppared are you for Computer Science?

Also, i thought Core 4 for all examboard is on the same day... I am Edexcel mines on the 23rd June
Reply 4
Original post by fxlloutboyy
If they add up to over six hours you can get special consideration from exam boards

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would i apply for a special consideration?

Computer Science is 2.5 hours
ICT is also 2.5 hours
and core 4 is 1.5 hours

so in total i'm sitting 6 and a half hours of exams:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
How long is each?

ICT is also 2.5 hours
and core 4 is 1.5 hours
Reply 6
Original post by mahmzo
How preppared are you for Computer Science?

Also, i thought Core 4 for all examboard is on the same day... I am Edexcel mines on the 23rd June

i'm pretty much ready just have to go over some definitions before Friday, hbu are you sitting as well?
Original post by Manny24
ICT is also 2.5 hours
and core 4 is 1.5 hours

I'm pretty sure you can apply for special consideration if the total exam time in one day is more than 6 hours although i am not sure
The college have to do it for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have those exams but I do have C2 C3 and History Paper 2 on one day-I would say I feel your struggle but you've got like almost double the hours than I do; but just try to make sure you're well prepared now and then go over the things you know before the exam and you should be okay. I hope you do well though!
Original post by Manny24
ICT is also 2.5 hours
and core 4 is 1.5 hours

In that case (as they total more than 6 hours) you can choose to move one to the following morning (including Saturday if that's the next day). Talk to your centre's exams officer. However, are you sure they're all on the same day? I think Computer Science is on 22 June and Core 4 on 23 June.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Compost
In that case (as they total more than 6 hours) you can choose to move one to the following morning (including Saturday if that's the next day). Talk to your centre's exams officer. However, are you sure they're all on the same day? I think Computer Science is on 22 June and Core 4 on 23 June.

This is awesome news, ill talk to my college about it on Monday
Reply 12
Original post by pastelsloth
I don't have those exams but I do have C2 C3 and History Paper 2 on one day-I would say I feel your struggle but you've got like almost double the hours than I do; but just try to make sure you're well prepared now and then go over the things you know before the exam and you should be okay. I hope you do well though!

Thank you man, i hope you do well too :smile:

Which exam board has c2 and c3 on the same day?
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Which exam board has c2 and c3 on the same day?

AQA. Ik some people did C2 in year 10 but most do both exams in one day like I did B2 and B3 on Friday.
AQA. Ik some people did C2 in year 10 but most do both exams in one day like I did B2 and B3 on Friday.

Oh nevermind you are talking about gcse science, i thought you meant A level maths
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Oh nevermind you are talking about gcse science, i thought you meant A level maths

lmao im taking it next year and if that were to happen i'd kms

I do AQA too, I'm dreading doing C2 and C3 then P2 and P3 because I don't want to forget everything, it's a really bad idea.
Original post by perfectlywrecked
I do AQA too, I'm dreading doing C2 and C3 then P2 and P3 because I don't want to forget everything, it's a really bad idea.

I did C2 and C3 3 months ago so it's in my long term memory somewhere, Physics I'll do in a day bc thats what I did with B2 and B3 literally sat there from 4pm to 2am trying to absorb 400 flashcards, if I can do it so can you lmao you'll be okay. Is it weird that I'm not stressed? I probably should be.
Reply 19
Original post by Manny24
i'm pretty much ready just have to go over some definitions before Friday, hbu are you sitting as well?

Yeah, i am set for the major topics, i just need to go through through a few definitions as well haha.

What did you use to revise? Also any predictions on questions that will come up?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest